Splash Mountain Improvements?

2hapykdz

DIS Veteran
After the long rehab...was it just maintenance and touch-ups...or is there anything noticeably different at Splash Mountain?

Touchups as far as I know. There hasn't been any major overhaul

New paint all around

Fixed all the small things that were broken

Zip a dee lady boat no longer rocks back and forth at the end of the ride

Long referb for a little paint, and horrible timing over the summer months. Opens now for the busy holiday season when temps are in the 50s. Seems like a lot of logic. Then it's closed again early in the year.

Yeah, the timing was terrible and the refurb interminable. It put a dent in a lot of people's vacations, including ours (and Splash is one of my favorite rides :sad2:) Why on earth wouldn't they refurb a water ride during winter? Makes too much sense??

Yeah, the timing was terrible and the refurb interminable. It put a dent into a lot of people's vacations, including ours (and Splash is one of my favorite rides :sad2:) Why on earth wouldn't they refurb a water ride during winter? Makes too much sense??
Because crowds... December is way more crowded than the Fall. Disney doesn't plan things around weather. It can and will still be hot in the winter months in Florida.

If there was one thing they could fix, please get rid of that one small water jet that just continually pours on the unfortunate soul who is next to it when there is a back-up unloading boats. Unless it is 95 degrees or hotter, there is no redeeming quality for that water jet.

I think they also replaced some speakers, as the acoustics now sound different...louder in many spots, especially outside.

This is good to hear (no pun intended). There were some parts of the outside area towards the beginning of the ride that had become really bad (jumbled/garbled sound, low volume).

If there was one thing they could fix, please get rid of that one small water jet that just continually pours on the unfortunate soul who is next to it when there is a back-up unloading boats. Unless it is 95 degrees or hotter, there is no redeeming quality for that water jet.

It’s 95 degrees like 8 months every year in Florida. They turn it off if you Get stuck next to it. I wouldn’t count on it going anywhere.

I think they also replaced some speakers, as the acoustics now sound different...louder in many spots, especially outside.

I also noticed that the sound was louder and clearer. I wasn't sure if it was just my memory was fuzzy or if it had been improved!

There definitely have been some other changes regarding speakers and AAs. Some AAs have been repaired and can actually be heard while others, like the blue bird at the end of the ride, are still broken. It's clear that they still have some more work to do.

My wife noticed that it sounds as if the voices were changed or re-recorded for the AAs singing on the boat near the end. We also noticed that a poppy remix of zipadee doo da plays at the very end of the ride of you are waiting to get off of the boat. In my opinion both changes are for the worse, especially the change to zipadee doo da. It's an incredibly annoying version of the song. I have no idea why Disney feels that they have to mess with things like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter