Splash Mountain wetness level

I know it seems most people don’t get wet from the posts here, but I always seemed to get drenched if I’m in the front. And as you go back it seems to get less wet. That’s just my experiences though, so early it can vary.

I'm also pretty sure they can adjust the force of the waterfalls and splashes, so the warmer the weather the wetter you'll get; I think they do the same thing with cannon shots on Pirates. Even in August I've never had particularly wet shoes or socks. Most dampness is from splashes on your shirt, or your backside from sitting down in a wet log.
I agree with this. We rode multiple times when it was in the 30s and didn’t get wet at all

Thanks for all the responses! Sounds like I'll need to work it into our plans for sure. And might now save Kali for the end of our day at AK, or just skip it altogether, if it's more likely to get us soaked.
Definitely don’t miss it. It’s my favorite DW ride hands down

I've ridden Splash when it was only about 45-50 degrees out first thing in the morning and just got sprayed. Nothing awful.

Story Time!

When Splash first opened , it has a sign , a huge sign, saying YOU WILL GET WET. They sold shirts of the Fab 4 squeezing water out of their clothing.

Well, they did not lie. In the begginning years you could come off Splash shoes soaked, squishing with water, anyone with a white teeshirt was “exposed” quiet a bit.

Now here is the fun part. WDW never officially announced it, but after the first few years, they dialed back the water , and addes some drains to the boats. They also tuned some of the water effects back so you would not get soaked.

Anyone whom rode Splash in the first years can corroborate these stories with memory I am sure will remember this as well. I was lucky enough to be living near WDW and rode Splash a bunch the first years. You would get so wet you had to change clothes in order to resume touring.

These days , Splash is much more tame, by design.

You may get Splashed, but not soaked. Mostly damp hair, wet shirt , possible a wet bottom. But all that normally drys in a half hour.

Pro tip, although Splash controls the water in the flume, it can get temporarily more full after a good FL storm. So if its pouring for a while and you get on Splash right after, you may get even more wet than normal…..but then again, the rain probably got you anyway.

Story Time!

When Splash first opened , it has a sign , a huge sign, saying YOU WILL GET WET. They sold shirts of the Fab 4 squeezing water out of their clothing.

Well, they did not lie. In the begginning years you could come off Splash shoes soaked, squishing with water, anyone with a white teeshirt was “exposed” quiet a bit.

Now here is the fun part. WDW never officially announced it, but after the first few years, they dialed back the water , and addes some drains to the boats. They also tuned some of the water effects back so you would not get soaked.

Anyone whom rode Splash in the first years can corroborate these stories with memory I am sure will remember this as well. I was lucky enough to be living near WDW and rode Splash a bunch the first years. You would get so wet you had to change clothes in order to resume touring.

These days , Splash is much more tame, by design.

You may get Splashed, but not soaked. Mostly damp hair, wet shirt , possible a wet bottom. But all that normally drys in a half hour.

Pro tip, although Splash controls the water in the flume, it can get temporarily more full after a good FL storm. So if its pouring for a while and you get on Splash right after, you may get even more wet than normal…..but then again, the rain probably got you anyway.
Sorry, I have to disagree with this. I rode in fall 2019 and got SOAKED!!! Like, dripping from my hair and through all layers of my clothes.

Also, it wasn’t going down the big hill but very close to the beginning of the ride when someone else went down a hill and our log got hit with their splash.

Yes, they can dial the splash up and down but I can’t agree that now people cannot get soaked….they still can!

Sorry, I have to disagree with this. I rode in fall 2019 and got SOAKED!!! Like, dripping from my hair and through all layers of my clothes.

Also, it wasn’t going down the big hill but very close to the beginning of the ride when someone else went down a hill and our log got hit with their splash.

Yes, they can dial the splash up and down but I can’t agree that now people cannot get soaked….they still can!
We'll probably have some laughably thin ponchos packed in case it rains, so I'm mostly worried about wet shoes/socks. Sounds like Kali is more on the bubble now though since it's more likely to soak us based on what I'm hearing.

We were told by a CM once that the right side of the boat and the front get wetter. Not sure if true but seems to be. If we didn’t pack flip flops (don’t take up much space) we’d do the ride last thing before leaving.

instead of gym shoes, can you maybe wear a good pair of sandals? Like Teva’s or Keens?
It's probably just me, but for the amount of walking required, I hate wearing anything other than a nice cotton sock and a light pair of running shoes. My wife is in the same boat. We'd much rather just skip a ride than sacrifice comfort for the rest of the trip.

We'll probably have some laughably thin ponchos packed in case it rains, so I'm mostly worried about wet shoes/socks. Sounds like Kali is more on the bubble now though since it's more likely to soak us based on what I'm hearing.
We mostly wear dry fit clothes and tevas to AK when we plan on riding Kali. I used to schedule our Kali FP+ for right after lunch. We would ride, get soaked, and and then head out of the park For a break. By the time we got to the bus stop we were 95% dry.

I have ridden Splash probably hundreds of times at this point. It is definitely in my top 3 favorite rides at the Magic Kingdom and I happily ride it regardless of the weather conditions. Have ridden it when it's cold, when it's hot, when it's sunny, and when it's pouring down rain (my first ride in 94, I waited in the pouring rain to ride and the bottom really fell out as we came up to the drop). While my shirt and shorts/pants have gotten varying degrees of wet depending on where I sit in the log, whether the water cannons are running, etc., I have never once had shoes or shoes and socks soaked through. There is a little lip down in the footwell where you can rest your feet a little bit off of the bottom of the log which will also help a bit, but even sitting normally I have just never had my feet soaked. Now Kali River Rapids is another story...I have been known to take sandals to AK just for that ride.

I'm also pretty sure they can adjust the force of the waterfalls and splashes, so the warmer the weather the wetter you'll get; I think they do the same thing with cannon shots on Pirates. Even in August I've never had particularly wet shoes or socks. Most dampness is from splashes on your shirt, or your backside from sitting down in a wet log.

I agree that they seem to adjust the water some in cooler months from the fountains/overflow etc. I've gotten way more wet in warm months than cooler ones. I've typically got far more wet from fountains or splashes from other logs then the splash from the drops. That said, I've ridden it and barely gotten a drop of water on me and also ridden it and been VERY wet. Now for whatever reason, my shoes and socks have not typically gotten very wet even when the rest of me gets pretty soaked.

Basically, I don't think it's predictable at all. LOL If you don't want to get wet, I'd either not ride or wear a poncho or something.

They have had the adjustments on the lowest setting 100% of the time since Covid started. This means the water canons are off, the fountain that sprays you near the end of the ride is off, and the splashing is minimized all around. This has been completely independent of weather since Covid.

I've never had shoes/sock issues on Splash. Mostly strong mist that gets face and upper torso. Some splashes could get your sides and pants above the knees in danger but really don't think knees down gets much if anything.

That said, I've ridden it and barely gotten a drop of water on me and also ridden it and been VERY wet.
Definitely agree with this statement. We rode one time and we were sitting in the 3rd row and didn't get wet. Our friends were in the 1st row and were completely soaked. Most times, you may get wet but dry in 15-20 minutes. I just wear a poncho every time to avoid getting soaked.

Mostly upper torso wet. If you bend down to 'hide', your back gets wet. If you get a lot of water, your seat gets wet. I don't think I've ever gotten my shoes soaked, that belongs to Kali River Rapids. I give the seat a quick wipe with paper towels before sitting down. If you like to keep your hair looking nice, do not ride. I suggest quick dry clothing at Disney regardless.

Definitely agree with this statement. We rode one time and we were sitting in the 3rd row and didn't get wet. Our friends were in the 1st row and were completely soaked. Most times, you may get wet but dry in 15-20 minutes. I just wear a poncho every time to avoid getting soaked.
This. We have ridden many times but the 2 where I got soaked I was sitting in the first row in the right seat. Other times wasn’t nearly as wet.

Also, in spite of the splash I do not remember my feet and shoes being soaked.

This. We have ridden many times but the 2 where I got soaked I was sitting in the first row in the right seat. Other times wasn’t nearly as wet.

Also, in spite of the splash I do not remember my feet and shoes being soaked.
That seems to be the spot. The culprit is usually the timing of the drop and water cannons on the right as the ride be

Ride is not too bad , but the socks can be a drag,
keep a extra pair in you pack or back pocket,
sure fells good to have a dry pair, the shoes will dry,
but not the socks. I Always carry them. Rides or rain you got them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter