Split Park/Split Stay-Pre Trip Report

Signing in. We're going to be there 2 months after your visit. So, can't wait to hear how the start of the summer went.

Following along can't wait till your trip report! We live in Lake Worth, Florida about 3 hours south of Orlando. We go to Disney many times a year, my daughter- in- law even works at MK. For a change this year we are going to Universal booked at their new Cabana Beach Resort 2d week of December. We have been to Universal before but its been years. Can't wait to see your pictures and report of how it is now. Have a great time. It will be here before you know it!

We are now 27 days out and I have made our FP+ selections (remember, we are offsite... staying at a condo in WH with the exception of our one night at RPR).

Anyways, for our Epcot day--- not bad I suppose: SE 11:15, The Seas with Nemo 12:50, and Soarin 2:00.

For our MK day... didn't fare too well. 7DMT 4:20, BTMR 6:10, and Splash 7:10. I would have like for these to have been earlier so we could continue getting FP+ selections for the day. But it is what it is and we have toured the park enough we know the routes and the attractions that fill up the fastest and which times of the day slow down a bit. Parade times will be our optimum attraction time, AND, being there at Rope Drop is key for us!

The Express Pass just sounds better and better and better. I really don't want to complain about the FP+ system yet as I have not used it first hand, but sheesh!! The times on those FP's, and the backtracking we will be doing already has me dreading it. I'm really trying to maintain a positive attitude about it.

On a lighter note, I bought my son some new sandals for our upcoming trip, some nice "hiking" type sandals. I still need a good pair, I like to alternate between my Nike's, my Ryka's, and a good pair of walking sandals.

My daughter is stocked up on her running shorts she likes to wear to the parks. Found a great sale at JCPenney's!

AND... I got a Fitbit this weekend! I can't wait to find out what my day at the parks looks like on it! I have worn a pedometer in the past, but this Fitbit is so accurate, and it will calculate my pulse rate, sleep pattern, water intake, etc.

One last thing... last week's Vera Bradley sale on ebay---- I ended up with 2 large hipsters, a Clare, a tech case, and a tablet case!!! I'm just about ready!!!

Just did an update on the FP+ selection times and did MUCH BETTER!!!

I kept hitting "Update" and the time choices were so much better than their original "Best Match" or "Option A" "Option B" "Option C."

So for our Epcot day we are Soarin 9:20-10:20, Spaceship Earth 10:20-11:20, and Nemo and Friends 11:20-12:20. This will allow us to run (walk fast!) to Test Track first thing at Rope Drop, then get to Soarin. We can get Future World done before World Showcase open and hopefully (fingers crossed!) get to Mexico by 11:00! Or very shortly afterwards.

Our new MK times are Space Mountain 10:15-11:15, BTMR 11:15-12:15, and Splash 12:30-1:30. This will allow us to do the Fantastyland stuff at Rope Drop. Head to Space Mountain for the 10:15 FP+, then cross back over to Haunted Mansion, have lunch at Columbia Harbor House and hit BTMR (maybe flip flop those two). We can do what we want, leave midday for a swim, then return in the evening with new FP+'s hopefully! Fingers crossed!

We leave in 18 days and most of my planning is done, most of the shopping is done---new shorts, shoes, etc--- so now I've been preoccupying myself with gardening while I wrap up my son's homeschool year. Being that I'm a florist, our greenhouse and nursery at work is SUCH a temptation! I basically work just to spend my paycheck on new flowers, shrubs, and trees. Lol!

My son's birthday is on Saturday and for a couple of his presents we decided on travel items (traveling is his favorite thing!) --- he's getting a new iTouch to replace his old one, and he's finally getting his own luggage! He will be so happy, he's always just shared ours. The rest of his presents are smaller items, but the other one he will really love is the iTunes gift card my daughter got him. New movies and songs for vacation!

Oh, one other exciting thing (at least for me)..... I ordered us 4 Frogg Toggs from Amazon and they arrived last week. The last time we went I bought 4 little cheaply bandana type neck wraps, and surprisingly they did a decent job of keeping us cool. We'd wet them, wring them out, and wrap them around the backs of our necks. The only downside was they got nasty after just a couple days, regardless of how well we rinsed them out. Also, they were on the small side. Now, keep in mind, for previous trips, we would use the misting fans, and we still love those, but lugging them around isn't fun. And, we always go in the heat of summer, plus the occasional Christmas trip. This time we will use the Frogg Toggs, they are bigger and just feel nicer....the quality is much better. I have high hopes for this helping keep the oppressive heat at a tolerable level. Well, that and midday swims

It's a beautiful 73 degrees here today, and I know that Orlando will be stifling hot when we get there in 2 1/2 weeks!!

We live in Kentucky as well. Plus my Son 's birthday is this Sat as well. Having a birthday on May 24th makes it hard to have parties because of memorial day.

Our Orlando plans are leaving the afternoon of the June 25th, staying near Atlanta that night. We are staying down there till July 6th.

We decided to go for the 14 day unlimited Universal pass for $200. Will get to Disney(most likely Epcot) for 1 day by going to a timeshare presentation. We already know how to say "NO".

Hi istone 100! I'm your first post?! Cool! Welcome! Lots of coinkydinks!

Welcome again!

WE LEAVE TOMORROW!!!

House/dog sitter all lined up, packing mostly done, cleaning almost done.... Wonder if I'll sleep tonight. DH just got back from a business trip to Canada so I'm sure he'll sleep good tonight. The kiddos.... It's a toss up if they'll sleep.

Driving as far as Warner Robins, GA tomorrow, the plan is to leave by 7:30 am and hopefully arrive at WR by 4:00 ish.

I'll check in as I can!!

WE LEAVE TOMORROW!!!

House/dog sitter all lined up, packing mostly done, cleaning almost done.... Wonder if I'll sleep tonight. DH just got back from a business trip to Canada so I'm sure he'll sleep good tonight. The kiddos.... It's a toss up if they'll sleep.

Driving as far as Warner Robins, GA tomorrow, the plan is to leave by 7:30 am and hopefully arrive at WR by 4:00 ish.

I'll check in as I can!!

WOOT............

you are gonna be on the road soon!

Safe travels and good weather! Can't wait to hear how the parks are at the start of this summer!

Have a great time!

We love picture too, BTW!

Hope your drive went well yesterday! I'm also from KY! We live in Louisville, but my husband is from NKY. His parents live in Independence! I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip.
We'll be leaving on the 21st and taking two days as well. We're staying at Orange Lake (to de-stress) for a week, then heading to Port Orleans for 5 nights and finally a split stay at RPR and CBR. It's our first trip to Universal. The kids picked it, but I couldn't go to Orlando and not visit WDW.
I agree with you about this winter nearly being the death of you. Our last day of school was yesterday due to snow days, but my husband (teacher) has to work until the 13th and I (administrator) have to work until the 20th! I only get three weeks off :(. Therefore, I'm spending it in Florida! LOL!
Safe travels!

Hope your drive went well yesterday! I'm also from KY! We live in Louisville, but my husband is from NKY. His parents live in Independence! I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip.
We'll be leaving on the 21st and taking two days as well. We're staying at Orange Lake (to de-stress) for a week, then heading to Port Orleans for 5 nights and finally a split stay at RPR and CBR. It's our first trip to Universal. The kids picked it, but I couldn't go to Orlando and not visit WDW.
I agree with you about this winter nearly being the death of you. Our last day of school was yesterday due to snow days, but my husband (teacher) has to work until the 13th and I (administrator) have to work until the 20th! I only get three weeks off :(. Therefore, I'm spending it in Florida! LOL!
Safe travels!
I'd like to hear about your stay at Orange Lake. My daughter and her husband purchased a time share there on their honeymoon last October. If they had asked me I'd of said DVC but they didn't. My daughter and I hope to have a girl's trip in December and we are staying at Orange Lake.

We are here!

I'll be more thorough at the end of my trip, but for the Reader's Digest version--- the drive was good, this condo (the same one we stayed in last time) is just fantastic!! The hotel in Atlanta last night (Marriott Courtyard in Warner Robins) was awesome! And I'm very picky and wipe everything down with Clorox wipes, but this place was clean and in tip top shape!

We just got back from dinner .... Had Bubba Gump's at City Walk. My DH ordered the Shrimper's Heaven... He loved it!! I had fried chicken.... Good. The star of the show, for me, was the strawberry lemonade! Perfect!

Tomorrow is our first full day and we are headed to Epcot. Plan is to go at Rope Drop, come back and swim midday, then return to do World Showcase in the evening. IOA will be Monday, starting very early!

We did a quick trip at the grocery store after dinner to get some supplies for the condo.... And now I'm beat. Can't wait to hit the pillow tonight.

Subscribing so I can read all about the trip also! We are going next Mardi Gras. we just got back from a multi-state road trip (that we actually started with a 3 night stay in KY... We did the corvette stuff in BG, Mammoth Caves, and rented a boat one day on Barren River Lake, had a blast!), so now I am going to be reading trip reports to prepare for this universal trip. Hope y'all have a great time!

Glad you got there safe and had a nice dinner......

Look forward to hearing about your trip :)

I will write more when I do the actual trip report, but I just wanted to pop in tonight to say we are having so much fun! Today was our Islands Of Adventure day, we rode Forbidden Journey and OH MY GOSH! It truly was an amazing ride. And you know, it's funny how things work out. My sweetie has recently lost a lot of weight, but I had a feeling that his wide shoulders would have a tightness issue with the FJ harnesses.... And sure enough. No go :(. He fit in the seat, it was truly his shoulders that wouldn't allow him to safely ride. So I felt awful for him, we offered to skip it, and like the trooper he is he insisted I go with the kids on it. He went through the line, saw the castle, and then waited for us. The ride was great! Better than we imagined! I still felt bad for him, but we had so much fun the rest of the day.

Flight of the Hippogriffs... If we hadn't used our Express Passes, and had waited the 60 minutes that was posted, I would have been pi$&&d off! Such a short ride, just not what I thought it would be.

And we all loved The Amazing Spider-Man!

There's more of course but I just wanted to give a super quick update. OH... And Royal Pacific..... Beautiful!! We loved the pool! We were ready to head over to HRH's pool but it started storming and the pools closed. We did have fun though! The ducks were a little pushy but besides that..... Lol!!

Wait! I didn't say WHY it was funny how things work out....

Geez, my brain must be fried!

Anyways, DH can handle simulator type rides in very small doses, had he gone on this he would have felt yucky for an hour at least afterwards! So it was for the best he couldn't ride.

It all worked out.

My daughter and I had decided not to do a split trip in December but after reading this and feeling all of your excitement I think we might go ahead and do a split trip.

Can't wait to hear more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter