Split stay and moving our groceries?

studiojmm

Mouseketeer
At the moment we arrive on a Monday night at All Star Sports and then switch to All Star Movies on Tuesday (Monday was an add on day and there was no availability at Movies). I've been told that Disney will move our bags to the new room while we are out and about for the day (do we take them to the front desk?) so my question is switching groceries. We are vegetarians who tend to pack a lot of snacks into the parks and would normally have some groceries delivered on Monday. Do we need to take our luggage over to Movies ourselves on Tuesday to ensure that perishables get refrigerated promptly? (not the end of the world, really). I'm open to packing soft-bodied coolers too. Has anyone dealt with this? Thanks.

Bell services will put the perishable items in their refrigerator. You can either call bell services to pick up in your room or taking them down to the desk if you choose.

Honestly, I'd just get the groceries delivered to the Movies resort to keep it simple.

Yes they will store and deliver them, but I've heard of issues.

Twice we had to add on a day ahead of time, and we just took our luggage to the other resort for the remainder of the stay (once walked from the Dolphin to the BWV, once Ubered from Pop to AKL) so we had our luggage with us. For one night we didn't unpack; we waited until the next resort to do so as we were there a week then. Had groceries delivered both times at second resort.

On our last trip, we moved resorts or rooms four times due to booking a DVC stay late in the game. We had our first night at All Star Sports, but had our groceries delivered the next day to our DVC resort. We also brought an extra suitcase to use for our groceries on moving days. It was easy to throw all the non-perishables into the wheeled bag. Bell services stored all our bags as well as the refrigerated items.

I would just change the delivery to Tuesday at All-Star Movies. If you are arriving Monday night, it's probably not necessary to have the delivery for when you arrive at All-Star Sports.

I was just going to write a similar post, but searched first and found this one! We're doing a 4/4 split with BC and Poly. Eating breakfast in the room every morning. Planning on leaving for Epcot in the morning, eventually heading to MK on the monorail and not arriving at Poly until after our room is available. Do we need a soft-sided cooler that can be tagged with our name and next hotel?

I was just going to write a similar post, but searched first and found this one! We're doing a 4/4 split with BC and Poly. Eating breakfast in the room every morning. Planning on leaving for Epcot in the morning, eventually heading to MK on the monorail and not arriving at Poly until after our room is available. Do we need a soft-sided cooler that can be tagged with our name and next hotel?

You don't need an actual cooler. Just a separate bag for the items that need to be refrigerated.

Thanks all. This is helpful.

Of course now that I managed to switch our first night to the primary resort, I won't have to worry about it at all. :)

I don't have how much you get, but consider how much will you be tipping for moving those groceries. Perhaps it would be better to buy a few items that first day at disney and get your groceries on the next day.

When we did split stays, we knew we would need to order more groceries (can only fit so much in a tiny fridge), so we planned to almost run out and then had very little to move. Ordered fresh stuff the next day.

edit....ok never mind. LOL You must have posted while I was typing. Good for you getting the extra day. Soooooo much easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter