Split Stay - Dining Plan

Ross J 82

Mouseketeer
I am thinking of splitting our stay between two different Disney hotels and do one with quick service dining plan and the other with table service dining plan. Do you know if we get the total table and quick service credits at the start of our stay until the end of the stay or do we only get the quick service credits for the first hotel which need to be used before we change to the next hotel on the table service plan.

You'll get the QS credits when you check into your first resort. They will expire at midnight on the day you check out. You'll get the TS credits when you check into the second resort.

No, you don't get the credits for both stays checking in to the first. You get the credits based in check in. You will have to use all the credit from your first stay before midnight the day you check out, and will not have access to the new credits until you do (or until midnight, when they expire).

Plus unless you're an AP holder or renting DVC points, you'll have to get tickets for both stays, which will increase your total ticket price.

Plus unless you're an AP holder or renting DVC points, you'll have to get tickets for both stays, which will increase your total ticket price.

You shouldn't need to buy tickets separately for each. You can pick from 2-10 days with a package no matter the number of nights.

You shouldn't need to buy tickets separately for each. You can pick from 2-10 days with a package no matter the number of nights.

That is not the issue, I don't think you are understanding. The issue is that in order to get any DDP you need to book a Magic Your Way package. This will include a ticket purchase per stay as Disney does not recognize "split stays" That really is an internet term. To Disney, they are two completely separate reservations, not one continuing one.
However, by calling directly you can book a "ticket less package". You can not do it on line.
Then your statement would come true. Buy the ticket with the number of nights total needed during the first stay with the QS meal plan. Use all QS credits by midnight the night you check out of the first hotel. Book a "ticket less package" for the second stay with the basic, table service meal plan. Those meal credits become available on checkin day to the second reservation, after all QS credits from first package have been used.

Thanks for this. Can I do this instead? Book 14 night UK package with quick service dining plan but upgrade to table service dining plan for half the stay?

Thanks for this. Can I do this instead? Book 14 night UK package with quick service dining plan but upgrade to table service dining plan for half the stay?
I doubt it. It is usually all or none. So your entire trip will be TS or CS, not both. You'd need to do two separate reservations to get two different dining plans for two different stays.

Yeah. I will go out on that limb with @Deb & Bill and say no way. The "everyone in the room same package, same dining plan the entire stay" rule is pretty universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter