Split Stay FP+ question

LuigiSpice

Mouseketeer
How does FP+ work for a split stay? Can I still book FPs for 10 days out from my first arrival or just each section of the trip?

How does FP+ work for a split stay? Can I still book FPs for 10 days out from my first arrival or just each section of the trip?
Split stays are treated as continuous (as long as no gaps) in MDE for booking FP. So you book 60 days out from check in for up to 10 days, then anything over 10 days you book each subsequent day.

ADR are not treated the same when you split stay. With them MDE registers it as two separate windows so you have to book them separately. There is a small caveat to that you can book it 180 days out across a split stay if you are doing a DVC to DVC split stay and have MS make the reservations for the second half of the split stay

Even though I'm not the PP, I appreciate your response. I also have a split stay and FP booking has varied over the years. It seems that last year, when I did a split stay, the 60 days applied to each part of the stay separately. Or maybe that was just Disney IT at work.

Even though I'm not the PP, I appreciate your response. I also have a split stay and FP booking has varied over the years. It seems that last year, when I did a split stay, the 60 days applied to each part of the stay separately. Or maybe that was just Disney IT at work.
Last year there was a short period of time it didn’t work, people thought it was the new norm but Disney made it work again. It does function properly now and made FP across split stays for a stay coming up starting tomorrow.

What if part of split stay is on rented points? I have first night on my points then next 3 nights at same resort on rented points. Will I be able to make the FP's for all 4 days? Thanks

What if part of split stay is on rented points? I have first night on my points then next 3 nights at same resort on rented points. Will I be able to make the FP's for all 4 days? Thanks
As long as both stays are linked to your MDE, you'll be fine.

And can you still book your FP+s 60 days from your resort check in? That's what it used to be-I assumed it was 60 days from the first day of my ticket (the next day) and was almost late for trying to book some "hard to get" ones.

And can you still book your FP+s 60 days from your resort check in? That's what it used to be-I assumed it was 60 days from the first day of my ticket (the next day) and was almost late for trying to book some "hard to get" ones.
Yes, your 60-day FP window opens based on resort check-in date, even though your tickets might not be valid that day. Obviously, you can only make FPs for the dates your tickets will be valid.

This is great info - we are doing our first split stay in November and I knew about the dining being two different dates, but I’m really glad the FP will be open for all booking at the 60 day mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter