Split Stay/Free Dining Questions

Mom22girls56

Mouseketeer
So my husband just got approved for his 2015 vacation dates so I finally have something to work with for our Fall trip. We will be going to WDW Nov. 7th-13th or 14th. After looking over last year's FD dates, they started on Nov. 9th. I know the dates change year to year and it's never promised but I still hope! So if we check in on the 7th and FD starts on say the 8th or 9th (or any other day in our trip), how will that work? Will we have to do a split stay and if so how does that work? Thanks in advance for your help!

I had this happen before and it was basically the same as a split stay. You will have one reservation number for the days prior to FD starting, then another for the remainder of the stay during the FD period. We were not forced to change rooms once the first reservation ended but remember having to change rooms is a possibility. The other bad part is tickets will cost a little more because if you planned on buying a 7 day ticket you will have to split it up because FD usually requires the purchase of at least a 2 day ticket.

I did a split stay last fall for this same reason. We did one night at pofq then had our luggage transferred to por with free dining. We has six day base tickets but you do not have to purchase separate tickets for different portions of your stay. You can do early ticket pickup where you can pick up pkg tickets up to three days before the start of your pkg. Just go to any guest relations at the parks or dtd with your pkg ress number and your licence. I had no problems what so ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter