Splitsville is coming to Downtown Disney

Darkbeer1

Theme Park Reporter and TV producer
The Disney Blog just posted the fact that the luxury Bowling Alley company, Splitsville, is going to replace the former House of Blues site.

There is already three similar things in the Disneyland area, Bowlmor at Anaheim Garden Walk,Lucky Strike Lanes at The Outlets at Orange and Round 1 Amusement at the Main Place Mall. Also, it will compete with the ESPN Zone in the active games and arcade found on its second floor

So it looks like something totally focused for the Tourist staying on property as the main source. Not sure if that will be enough to keep it open...

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...strict-at-the-disneyland-resort-in-late-2017/

Hmmm...the food choices sound vaguely promising. I can't see myself taking time out from the parks to go bowling, though. At least with the movie theater, you're sitting down and resting in a climate controlled environment. If I am staying at the Disneyland Resort, I'm either in the parks or resting. Since you mention there are several other similar bowling ventures close to DLR, I can't imagine it's going to be drawing big crowds unless the food is way above average.

Soooooo disappointing. I was really hoping for the Hangar Bar or something similar. I didn't understand when this opened at WDW, and I don't get it now. Is bowling this much of a thing? I really hope that Disneyland isn't getting the "everyday shopping mall" treatment that WDW got at Downtown Disney.

Bowling must be making a comeback. I was at the mall here in town over the weekend and there is a huge new bowling alley and arcade there now!

Some more info, the House of Blues left Downtown Disney in May of 2015, HOB was not happy with many issues, including Disney have some control of who could perform at the venue, the parking issues for locals to attend, logistics and the cost of rent.

Shortly thereafter, Live Nation (HOB owners) announced they are going to open a new House of Blues Anaheim at the Anaheim Gardenwalk Shoppertainment mall nearby. It will be a much larger venue, and its opening acts in February are then groups banned by Disney at the old venue. (opens February 28th).

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/house-733818-blues-anaheim.html

As for Bowling, it started a new upsurge in "luxury" locations about a decade ago, and as stated, there are already 3 locations within 5 miles of Disneyland, plus the old school versions. (Financial disclosure - I am a partner in Irvine Lanes nearby).

And more info on the ESPN Zone Arcade...

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/entertainment/downtown-disney-district/espn-zone-sports-arena/

I have to admit, when we have come to Cali for an extended vacations, we have been going bowling at the one at Garden Walk. We simply do not have time when at home to do these kind of activities together. Are kids are too involved in school activities.

Bowling sounds fun, we went a few weeks ago for my sisters birthday and all the kids had a blast. I wouldn't give up park time, but might check it out on a non-park day or on an arrival night. The food looks interesting as well, so I'll have to give that a try.

Honestly, I don't go to the Splitsville at WDW for bowling...I go for the food. It's a great option when I'm looking for something quick that's not counter service.

Going for the food. We will have to keep that in mind. Thank you!

My wife and went bowling on our honeymoon in 84. Our kids thought it was lame goin to DL for our honeymoon. That bowling alley is long gone (Kattela and Walnut.I think)
Funny part was after bowling a Disney striker came in and had a beer.

Yucko. The last thing I want to do on a trip to Disneyland is go to a bowling alley. I don't care if it's a super fancy bowling alley. And I'm definitely not eating sushi in a bowling alley. Those are 2 things that are just not meant to be together.

There's Lucky Strike down the street at the Block (er outlets). smh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter