spoodles or big river grill?

twirly

Earning My Ears
We are staying at BCV and would like to spend the first night at the boardwalk. Which restaurant is better spoodles or BRG?:confused:

Hi twirly!

I haven't been to either, so can't give you an opinion there, but I did want to let you know that if you are going to make a PS for Big River Grille, you have to call them directly. I had called Disney Dining, and the CM didn't even know what restaurant I was talking about!! After a few minutes, she came back with the number and said I had to call them myself... I did, was handed over to the general manager. Hopefully, everything will be set up when we arrive -- we're a party of 12!!

Good luck!

Big River Grille is more of a "bar and grill", while Spoodles is more of a Mediterranean style restaurant, so it depends on what you are looking for.

I'm a bar and grill kind of person, but didn't really care for BRG, though I know some like it very much. Its noisier, I'd go to ESPN every time before going back to BRG.

Even though we've stayed at the BWV a couple of times, we haven't tried Spoodles yet. I hear the food is pretty good though.

I've eaten at both and definitely prefer Spoodles. Our group chose pasta dishes, veal, flatbreads and steak. Everyone's food was very good.

I love Spoodles, both for breakfast and dinner.

I don't care for BRG. Nothing really wrong with it, just didn't care for it.

I was planning on going to BRG on our first night after we check into the BWI, but now I'm thinking I'd rather go to Spoodles, just since we had been to Spoodles on a trip 2 years ago and it was great. There were lots of adults choices, and if kids didn't want anything from the kids menu, they could still order flatbread appetizers. For our first night I think Spoodles has more of a special feel to it, while BRG or ESPN can be on the noisy side. I still want a lively atmosphere, but I think Spoodles will be both more lively with a little more food choices.

A vote for Big River Grill - pretty good food and great beer. We go there at least once on every trip.

We tried both ESPN and BRG on our last visit. Liked them both. Dh wants to go back to Big River Grill next month. We have never eaten at Spoodles tho. Maybe next time.

I'm a fan of BRG, but we've always sat at an outside table. We were lucky enough on a trip a few years back to be seated for a relaxed dinner and enjoyed the fireworks (Illuminations) at the end.

We are big fans of the BRG. Excellent beer and food. The meatloaf is my favorite!! ::MickeyMo

Spoodles !! Spoodles !! Spoodles !!

We have been eating here for years and we just love it. It is the one restaurant that we have to eat at on every trip.

I've eaten at both and liked both. However, I will only eat at BRG if we can get an outside table. The atmosphere inside is noisy and rather stark, but the food is fabulous and sitting outside on the Boardwalk is fun. Plus, the prices are better at BRG.

As the first poster said, BRG is a grill, Spoodles a restaurant. If you want a "friday's-type" meal BGR is wonderful. If you want to be more adventuresome Spoodles is awesome.

For us BRG and ESPN are "lunch" venues while Spoodles spells "dinner". Like 'em all, just different styles for different meals. YMMV.

Ralph

I agree with the BRG outdoor seats. We've eaten there a few times inside and it was quite noisy. Food was very good though.

Never eaten at Spoodles so can't comment on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter