Spooktastic Seven PTR

Mum to Belle

<font color=royalblue>Thinks she may know someone
Helloeee!! :wave2:

Firstly I should apologise for not finishing my Christmas Trip Report yet, life has been a little complicated this year...

I am very, very pleased to say that in 13 days I will be back in Disney bubble away from everything! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

So, after what seems like forever, our Halloween/Birthday trip is getting very close! Mum, Isabelle & I are going to be sampling Halloween Disney-style and combining that with celebrating Isabelle's 7th Birthday :yay:

We have booked the Golden Forest Club at the Sequoia Lodge after much discussion, we were won over by the thought of our own breakfast room with characters, luggage waiting for us in our room and tea & cake in the afternoon! I will do a mini report on this when we return, I promise.

We travel on Wednesday 23rd October and will be coming back on the Sunday. This will be the busiest time we have stayed in Disney so the planner has once again been called upon to assist with planning how best to spend our time... ;) I hope that with EMH and our bonus Fast pass, plus the late park opening that we will get everything done in the 5 days without rushing too much. :faint:

I have booked most of our meals and the plan so far looks like this:

Wednesday (Disney Day) - Salon Mickey, Croque Monsieur for lunch, Cafe Mickey with (surprise) birthday cake in the evening :cake:

Thursday (Pirate Day) - possibly Pizza Planet if it's open for lunch and then Blue Lagoon in the evening. It is also the first trip for us when the park is open late!

Friday (Sally Day) - Silver Spur Steakhouse for lunch and Plaza Gardens in the evening. This is when we hope to do a lot of the Halloween things.

Saturday (Princess Day) - Auberge for lunch after the Princess makeover and Walts in the evening. Soooooo excited to be going back here! :hyper:

Sunday (Last day) - Sunday Brunch at Inventions which has a London theme. Hoping to meet Mary Poppins but who knows?! :confused3

Mum & I have been planning this trip for months and have got ourselves new Disney pyjamas (as you do!) especially for the trip. We went to our nearest Disney Store last weekend for some more pre-trip shopping and got a few bits & pieces. I am now the proud owner of a Nightmare Before Christmas hoodie and Isabelle has her very own Sally doll! I had arranged for Isabelle to open the store that day but the traffic was against us and we were a few minutes too late. The CMs were really good though and still let her wear Mickey's Magical hat and gave her a fantastic goodie bag with pins and stationery and stickers etc so she was happy with that.

Packing is under way and I am making Isabelle a new dress for this trip, it is inspired by Sally but definitely not a copy of her dress, long & straight is just not practical for an active 6 (nearly 7) year old! :rolleyes1 I was also very lucky to be able to get hold of the most fabulous costume thanks to our very own Scamp Bunny...

[URL=http://s747.photobucket.com/user/MumtoBelle/media/IMG_0021_zps1fbeada0.jpg.html][/URL]

I'm not sure I will be able to fit any other clothes into her suitcase though so she may have to wear this on the plane :rotfl2:

Jobs still to do: order Euros, finish making dress (which hasn't been helped by me breaking the needle this morning), pack, keep checking Facebook updates for all the fabulous Halloween photos to keep excitement levels high, clear memory cards and charge batteries for cameras.

The weekend before we go is also Isabelle's birthday weekend so there will be parties & cake to sort out too! pixiedust:

If I manage to finish the dress I will post photos so stay tuned....

:wave2:

Everything sounds great and as though it's going to plan. :thumbsup2

Adorable costume!

I can't wait to see the Sally inspired dress you're making...stopping to see Jack and Sally are a must for us. :goodvibes

What a great trip you have planned :)
Love the sully costume :goodvibes
We are staying GF in march so looking forward to reading what you think of it.
Looking forward to your up dates x

Everything sounds great and as though it's going to plan. :thumbsup2

Adorable costume!

I can't wait to see the Sally inspired dress you're making...stopping to see Jack and Sally are a must for us. :goodvibes

Thank you! We love Jack & Sally too!!! I'm off out this morning to hunt for a replacement sewing machine needle so I can finish the dress - wish me luck!

What a great trip you have planned :)
Love the sully costume :goodvibes
We are staying GF in march so looking forward to reading what you think of it.
Looking forward to your up dates x

Thank you! I know reviews have been thin on the ground haven't they, I have seen a
couple of good ones now though, phew! I will be the cheeky one taking photos of everything in the lounge - or better still get Isabelle to do it!! :lmao:

that dress looks so good!!!

It's amazing! My Dd would love this, shame I'm no good at sewing!

Your Dd is going to look fab!

Thanks guys! I got her to try it on this evening so here are some more piccies...

Showing off the back of the dress nicely Isabelle-style ;)

[URL=http://s747.photobucket.com/user/MumtoBelle/media/IMG_0040_zps62f53c86.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s747.photobucket.com/user/MumtoBelle/media/IMG_0037_zps240d56d3.jpg.html][/URL]

So it occurs to me that I was a bit light on detail in my opening post, probably because I was busy making a dress at the same time... anyway I thought I would add some more, so here goes...

This will be my Mum's 2nd trip and her first was back in 2010 when Isabelle was just 3. There weren't that many rides we could go on with her and on top of that Dumbo was shut!! Top of Mum's to do list this year are the rides :goodvibes We also missed the Stars & Cars parade as we were having lunch (with a certain Captain as I recall pirate:) so she doesn't want to miss this again. Also missing from Studios on our last trip : Cinemagique, Tram Tour, Toy Story Playland (not built!) and Art of Animation. I think Mum will enjoy all of those.

I'm still not convinced that Crush is a good idea, or Tower of Terror!! :scared:

New for the main park for Mum will be BTM, POTC, Star Tours, Casey Jnr, Dumbo and Autopia. We are also going to try and catch a ride on at least one of the Main Street Vehicles and I have promised Mum a ride on the Rail Road.... :sad2:

I think it's safe to say we have a lot to fit in!

I have got my Euros now and there are only 7 sleeps to go..... :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Wish I could sew like the the dress looks even better on :goodvibes

Sounds like you have a great trip planned.
Less than a week now.
Do you really think you will get your mum on TOT ?
I've only done it once :scared1:
X

I had to do a double take!! Jenny Isabelle is getting so grown up! Her Sally dress is fantastic - I also wasn't blessed with the sewing skills so I'm in awe - you must be a whizz on the sewing machine though because it looks perfect :goodvibes

Yay for planners :banana: Nothing like being organised :)

Great meal choices - I'd love to be sitting in Walts for lunch today! So hows your last day at home going? You are going to love Halloween! It feels really special this year xx

I had to do a double take!! Jenny Isabelle is getting so grown up! Her Sally dress is fantastic - I also wasn't blessed with the sewing skills so I'm in awe - you must be a whizz on the sewing machine though because it looks perfect :goodvibes

Yay for planners :banana: Nothing like being organised :)

Great meal choices - I'd love to be sitting in Walts for lunch today! So hows your last day at home going? You are going to love Halloween! It feels really special this year xx

She just keeps growing!!! ;)

I had to borrow my MIL's sewing machine and I did actually snap the needle :rolleyes1 but didn't do too bad for a first attempt! I did the zip by hand though, not that confident on the sewing machine!! :rotfl2:

Stuck at work all day, then the ballet run and parents evening before some last minute packing... have you seen the weather forecast?! No idea what to pack for!

Very excited about all of the Halloween theming and characters and everything really!! I've got the programme printed out ready to go so I can get really excited :yay:

1 MORE SLEEP!!!!

It is amazing!!
Lol Jenny I cant even tack in a straight row!!
Oh you'd be so proud!! I downloaded the adobe app to my phone before our trip and downloaded the programme - was so proud of myself! And it was super handy having it on my phone :)
Time flies eh! Jem hasnt looked like a baby in years but I was looking at pics from two years ago and she look so small!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter