Spring 2008 PI

DisneyMomma24

Earning My Ears
Hi All!

I'm Ashley and I'm applying for the Vet Hospital PI starting in Jan 2008. Anyone else hoping for a Spring PI, I figure even if we aren't accepted yet, we can get through this together!

Thanks for starting this Ashley! Have you sent in your application yet? I have not started yet, as I am still getting packed up to go to D.C. for the fall for another internship, so I should probably start soon. I'm Emily, by the way, and I am going to apply for the Management in operations and food and bev, and maybe a few others.

You guys are so lucky! I don't get out until March, so I have to wait. But good luck to you! :thumbsup2

I applied for an Industrial Engineering PI for Spring 2008, got my first interview over with and awaiting a second one (hopefully!) I am really crossing my fingers and I know it could be a while before I hear back from anyone...

Yeah! So glad people are responding. Emily, yes I have applied, and I was contacted via email to fill out a general WDW application and verify that I met the basic requirements. That was about a week ago, still waiting to hear more. Erik, congrats on your first interview and good luck!

I will hopefully be applying for golf course maitenance in the winter.

I applied for 3 PI's all management operations, retail, and sports complex. I just got a call today, for my first phone interview on thursday. Good Luck to everyone!!

So, i've been in contact with the person in charge of Animal Programs via email. Hearing what others have to say, I'm finding that Animal Programs has a different process when it comes to hiring. I have had to quite a bit of email communication and sending documents, etc...but no word about phone interviews yet. Doesn't surprise me, but weird... Good Luck on your interview Beenie!

Hey ya'll! I've just put in my application for three positions: DEG/Client Concierge, Wedding Dept., and Guest Relations.

I went through the whole process at this time last year, but had to decline my offer due to a family medical emergency that required me to stay at home. I'm very hopeful that I'll be making my way east in January...

Where's everyone from?

My first interview went really well, and I am moving on to next step. I am really excited and hope I get something, although they said it could be months until I hear something, as they have until December to decide. I currently live in Orlando, and am graduating college this December! Good Luck to everyone!! :)

Hey Guys/Girls

I applied for a professional internship in operations management and have an interview tonight at 8... excited/nervous so wish me luck!

Last year when I began the process, I applied in June, but since the interview process didn't begin until August, I had to wait a while. Now, I've just applied as the process has already begun for some people. If you've just recently applied, how long was it before you were contacted about your initial interview?

I applied for three PIs. Group/Convention Public Relations, Travel Marketing PR, and Media Relations.

I did my inital interview about a week ago... I'm really not able to handle this! I am terrible at the waiting game!

I would love some company while I wait!

I'm a 2 time CP and 1 time AI (Advanced Internship) and I just applied for three Management Internships; Recreation, Operations (where I did my 2 CPs), and Sports Complex (where I did my AI).

Judging from what I've seen on this board, am I too late :O...I don't think I am...it's just crazy that they're already interviewing people!!!

I'm also a graduating master's student...probably counts against me...but we'll see...

Good luck to those going through the process...it's nerve-wracking, but you'll survive!

Mike :cool1:

I applied for 3 on Wednesday, crossing my fingers that I get some calls soon.

Just had my first phone interview...they said that Park Operations was behind most of the other areas...they are probably waiting until they get a good number of applicants before they divide them up and start sending them to operating areas...

Recreation and the Sports Complex have already begun reviewing applications, they said....so those calls could come at any time.

Finally, they said that if you don't hear anything by Thanksgiving, you're not going to hear anything...and if they aren't interested in talking to you, you won't get anything...

I think my first interview went well...just filled out the application and I'm going to express it to them tomorrow...

Keep your fingers crossed!!!

I received a call last week, scheduled my interview, and completed that last night. I was hesitant to prioritize my positions, but since she asked, I figured it wouldn't hinder me. I decided that DEG and Weddings were a tie for my first choice, and Guest Relations being my second, but tried to emphasize that I would be thrilled to be offered a position in any capacity...

...as I mentioned, I've been through this just last fall, so I kind of knew what to expect, but of course the perfect words escaped me once the questions started coming. Overall though, I'm pretty confident with the way it went, but was a bit shaky on some of my responses. I just wanted so badly to impress the interviewer!

Anyway, I'm about to mail out my signed application, and obviously hoping the process goes quickly from this point on. While I know it probably won't, I can at least hope that my daily life will keep me distracted. At the very least, I can daydream about my annual October trip to Food & Wine while I wait to hear!

Wow, that was a mouthful... any news from the rest of you?!

Ah I'm nervous, I put my resumes up and applied on the 31st, no phone call yet :(

I applied for several as well. Entertainment Management, Ticket Sales, and Casting. I would be thrilled to do any of them. Had my interview about a month ago. They told me the same things as they told you. That it could be months before I hear anything. That is so hard for me. I have no patience. I hope I at least get to the next step by October. I would assume by Thanksgiving you should already know because you should be notified by November. As far as the application goes...I hear you guys saying you mailed it in. Perhaps I am confused. I did an application on the disney job site, I wonder if that is perhaps the same thing.

Hi All! I'm Ashley and I'm applying for the Vet Hospital PI starting in Jan 2008. Anyone else hoping for a Spring PI, I figure even if we aren't accepted yet, we can get through this together!

Thanks again for starting this, Ashley!

I applied for the Management Operations internship on August 4th and didn't hear anything. On Tuesday, I went back to my profile and realized that I hadn't attached my resume to my profile, and did that. Amazingly, I got a call that same day to schedule a phone interview. So, my first phone interview is going to be tomorrow at 12:30 p.m.

I'm going to apply for the Communication Technology and Media Relations internships this week. Hope I have the same result on those two also!

I'll keep everyone updated. I hope to hear good news from everybody!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter