SR - Purchasing Disney Gift Cards

Alice28 said:
I did do about $16 worth of income this weekend with just clicking thru SR first with my Black Friday shopping. :thumbsup2 Hopefully it will show up as pending this week.
Me too! About $15 that is. Bought DH a digital camera and some other stuff at Buy.com, and I'm still waiting for Disney shopping, Old Navy, and Sports Authority credits to show up. Plus 2 offers -- Sculptz shorts and Shoppers Advantage. Love Black Friday -- didn't even have to leave the house!!

Good idea about writing on the $50 or other ones that aren't $25.

Ok, so this is probably a stupid question, but does DisneyShopping charge s/h on gift cards? I think their normal shipping charges are on the expensive side, and when I have been shopping for gc other places, I have been finding that they are charging s/h for them! :confused3

FirstTimertoDiz said:
Ok, so this is probably a stupid question, but does DisneyShopping charge s/h on gift cards?

No shipping and handling for the gift cards!

I just ordered a $25 gift card using my webcertificates card. Not sure if I willl be able to get any more webbies since mypoints has done away with them.
dancingfruits0nm.gif

I actually had someone order $2000 in gift cards!! She has $160 in credits pending. Can you imagine? :sunny:

Wow --- I wish I had $2000 to just plop down right now! That was smart thinking on her part though. Lucky woman! :)

sunshinegirl said:
I actually had someone order $2000 in gift cards!! She has $160 in credits pending. Can you imagine? :sunny:

Geez! Wish it was me!

Soccer Princess said:
Wow --- I wish I had $2000 to just plop down right now! That was smart thinking on her part though. Lucky woman! :)
I mentioned this on my cruise meet thread... don't know if it was any of them, though.

I had $499 on my Disney Rewards card, so used that and $1 left on a webcertificate to order my $500 Disney gift card :banana:

Hope it doesn't take too long for my $40 to show up pending :cheer2:

how long does it take for pending payment to show up? I ordered something from disney shopping on the 24th have already recieved half my order but nothing has showed up on sunshine yet.

In the past it's only taken a couple of days. However I placed an order for 2 gift cards on Nov. 14 and only half of the credit came through. I think she is filing a dispute on that one for me.

I actually had someone order $2000 in gift cards!! She has $160 in credits pending. Can you imagine?

That was my mom!! :cheer2:

We are using it to pay off our cruise.

AllMixedUp said:
We are using it to pay off our cruise.
What a great way to pay your balance and have some spending money!!!

Wish they'd been offering 8% when I ordered my kids' gift cards, too.

You guys are SO Tempting me! I just looked at my Visa balance though and I don't want to add to it right now. :sad2: I still think the tickets at SOG are a better deal as well.......But good for you guys for maximizing your dollars back! That's great!

Alice28 said:
You guys are SO Tempting me! I just looked at my Visa balance though and I don't want to add to it right now.

8% cash back is not a bargan if you have to pay interest on the credit card. That is why I paid for it with my Disney rewards card and not my credit card!

Yes, you can use the rewards card to buy the gift card (I just did and got my email confirmation from DS already!). As for using it at a DVC resort, however, I would call the resort to make sure. Someone had posted that they were so upset because they bought their newly married child a gift card to use to purchase the DDP on their honeymoon trip and when they got there and tried to use it they wouldn't take it because the resort was not set up to take the cards. All the resorts are supposed to be converted by the end of the year, though, and I read on the budget board I think that someone actually had used gift cards at the resort. But I wouldn't want to bank on it without calling yourself. For our January trip we are not getting the DDP, so if I can't apply my cards at the hotel I will just cart them around and use them to pay for individual meals. I know I can use them on DCL because Sunshinegirl did!

Sure would be a nice way to get an extra meal if it works!!! That $40 is going to pay for Palo for us :goodvibes

I called to confirm this before purchasing a large amount in gift cards. You CAN use the gift cards to pay off your hotel charges (room or charges on key) or on the phone to pay for a package even. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter