****SS SWAP*** Get anything yet??

poohbear1029

<font color=deeppink>Masquerading as a normal pers
I got a little note from my SS today in the mail with a really cute Jolee's By You patriotic banner!!! Just a little note to introduce herself, which was very nice!

Thank you SS! I think the Jolee's will look so cute on a card...already cooking some ideas up!

This is fun!

BTW -- for my person.....I am pretty sure I have already bought July and Augusts stuff!!! I am having way too much fun shopping!!!

At first I had no idea where to begin buying sb supplies for a "stranger." Then I went to the LSS & all of a sudden it hit me. I now have goodies for July & August, too!

I too have lots of stuff or ideas for the rest of summer! That card was such a neat idea!

I've gotten emails from mine, from a secret email address. :D I've had fun shopping as well. Just finding something to send the first batch of stuff off in.:D maggie

I've bought lots of things that I hope my SS will like. This is way to much fun. As someone said earlier one for my SS and one for me.

If our DHs only knew (LOL) Hey they have their own toys too!

THANK YOU SS! I've been meaning to post here for a couple of days now, but I haven't been home (long story) long enough to do too much. Anyhoo.... Last week I got a pacakge from my SS --felt like it was Christmas in June!!!

She really went above and beyond -- I received alot of things that I had never seen before & was in scrapping Heaven. Here's the lowdown: a pacakage of blue button ups, cm pooh combo pack, Rebecca Sower tag, 3d floral page border stickers, a castle laser cut/diecut, a sheet of karen foster stickers and several sheets of karen foster paper. The paper and stickers fit perfectly into my wedding album that I'm working on -- they were white daisies & that was the theme of our wedding. I think there may have been 1 or 2 other things, but I am drawing a blank, so I will apologize to my SS for not remembering!

Also received a couple "secret" emails from her. This swap was a great idea! Talk to you all soon :p

YA!

don't panich if you haven't sent/recieved though -
you have til JULY 15th!

But don't forget to post it!

I will be getting mine out in the mail within the next couple of days as I want to get a couple more things for it!

FYI - I will actaully be gone July 14th thru the 21st (giddy-up) So I won't be able to follow up and make sure everyone sent/recieves til after I get back -= but I know I have a great group who wouldn't dissapoint their SS's so I'm not to worried ;)

PattyT

Fun Fact # 3 about our group-
EVERYONE is Married!

What are fun facts #1 and #2?

I must have missed them.

That is cool that you are doing that.

when I have a minute to spare I will find out something interesting aabout our group as a whole and let you guys know -
I posted some on the other thread I will post them here for your too -

# 1 - There are 12 Secret Sisters in our group!
# 2 - 4 out of 12 of our DIS sisters are from Massachusetts!

Oh, you ladies are making me so jealous that I didn't get signed up for this. Glad you are having fun!!
Lisa

I know you can't tell me 'cuz its secret....but wouldnt it be too funny if you were my SS.......this is why

When I read your post above, your countdown clock caught my eye!!! You must be going to WDW 10/18??? Your clock says the exact same time as me! Too funny!!! Looks like we'll be in the World at the same time?

Where are you staying? We are at BCV from 10/21-10/26....we actually arrive on 10/18 and I am trying to decide where we stay as I type. I have ressies at Contemporary thru SOG for cheap! (DH is USAF) or ressies at AKL at discount (but not cheap) thru the Stars and Stripes discount! DH and I are dying to do AKL Concierge and the SunRise Safari! Decisions, Decisions!!!!

On a SS note - I will be packing my stuff up soon too for my SS! We have company coming early/mid July so I need to get cracking on preparing for that....dig out spare rooms, etc!

I sent out my first pkg but haven't received. I hope she likes it!:D

Oh my gosh, I am beside myself with how much cool stuff I just got in the mail!!! Thank goodness I had today off to do some projects around the house....I was here to receive my surprise!!!

Okay,here is the run down, as I chew the gumballs included in my package......

Perfect for scrapping my new nephew:

1 rubber stamp in a baby's handprint
Some Baby Blue Fibers (yarn)
2 Diecuts with a View Lascuts - one crib, one carriage (both bLue!!)
1 pckg of paper wizard die cuts that spell its a boy with hand and feet cut outs, too
1 sheet of FM stickers that say things like precious, cute as a button, etc.
1 MM eyelet quots that say the most amazing life quotes --- like "there is nothing more precious than life itself"
7 pieces of 12x12 in Burgundy and blues and one piece of Mary Englebriet Christmas paper
6 pieces of varying colored 8 1/2 by 11 vellum!

AND THEN........(for DH USAF Album)

2 pieces of 12 X12 Flag paper,
1 USA Die Cut
1 Vellum sheet of patriotic verse

And THEN......

5 sheets of Sanylion Disney Stickers --- the large ones
6 12X12 Disney themed paper
6 12x12 red, black and white solid papers!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! You were much too generous SS!!! I will have to post my nephews first SB page when I do it this weekend with my new supplies!!

I just went to my mailbox and what should be waiting for me but a package from my Secret Sister. All I have to say is "Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!!!"

Omg, she sent me some wonderful stuff that I just can't wait to start using. Here's the low-down:
  • Magic Scraps fibers (southwest boa)
  • Inkadinkado ink pad
  • Paperkins paper doll (Spencer Splash)
  • Sonnets faux wax seals
  • Memory Lane paper clips
  • Memory Lane metal rim tags
  • K I Memories icicles (summer titles)
  • Frances Meyers stickers (beach buddies)
  • Creative Imaginations bits & baubles (alphabet)
  • Laser Layouts (Our Vacation)
  • tons of flower die cuts
  • a note pad (with Statue of Liberty on it)
  • and a Minnie Mouse book mark

Too bad DH and I have plans to go out tonight or I'd be working on our honeymoon album right now. Thanks again Secret Sister. I love everything.

YA!
It looks like were on a roll!

heres Fun Fact # 4 -
6 of our SS's are in the 40-49 age range - thats HALF!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I found an envelope of scrapbooking goodies in my mailbox today :)! Where do I begin? I've been looking through my new goodies over & over again as I have different ideas where to use each item :). I received:

* lollipop letters that spell out DESTINATION RELAXATION; on our last trip to WDW last month my sister was with us at OKW & enjoyed the resort because it was so relaxing; guess where those letters are going :)?

*four squares in a variety of shades of my favorite color - blue; I can think of several pages where they could find a home;

*some larger squares with scenes done in what looks like water colors - summer, relaxing colors - light blues, greens, yellopws; two of the scenes have a mama duck & her ducklings - reminds me of one of my favorite Caldecott picture books - Make Way for Ducklings;

*Sandylion alphabet stickers - some of the hearts look like Mickey heads - ok, so I'm into Disney :)!

*a strip of cute, silvery, shiny stickers of Minnie & Daisy;

*Merry Christmas border with holly leaves & berries - I love Christmas!

*two SHOTZ photography collection borders - colorful, spring tulips & autumn leaves - great photography;

*two silver metal frames - I can foresee using these in my scrapbooks of my childhood years - they look like they will be good with school pictures;

*and a variety of papers, some scraps - don't laugh :) - I asked for some scraps as a way to increase the variety of paper I have to choose from - flowers like white wedding flowers; red & white plaid; paper that looks like corrugated cardboard - I'm not familiar with it, but I can foresee using it :); 8.5"x11" sheets of colorred vellum paper.

Thank you to the person who sent my package. I appreciate the time & effort it took to put together a package for someone you don't know - been there, done that :)!

BTW I mailed a package out last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter