SSR could become a hot commodity due to a watershow at Pleasure Island.

SoCalKDG

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

From Kevin Yee at Miceage:

"The biggest changes will be to Pleasure Island. Entire buildings are on the chopping block, as is the "cannery row" theme of the remaining structures. Again, look for more of an Anaheim aesthetic. Tantalizingly, there are also clues of a different sort of nighttime entertainment. The smart money is on a water and fireworks show on the lagoon just behind the area. That sounds intriguing, especially if they do it right. The possibilities are endless. What if it’s "Bellagio meets Fantasmic?" Giant fountains, fireworks, and other special effects could make for an engaging show, and a real reason to visit this district after dark. (And spend money, of course.)"

SoCalKDG said:

1) I doubt it.
2) Less than 11% of the rooms will have a good Downtown Disney view.
3) If owners want that view. many will be disappointed.

TheRustyScupper said:
1) I doubt it.
I don't doubt there will eventually be a watershow of some size, but indeed doubt it would be as grand at the writer of the article dreams outloud. Don't we use that area for the water taxi?

I don't think you'd have to be in your room to appreciate an event such as this in discussion, therefore any guest on property could observe.

I do think it could become a big draw for SSR just as the evening show is on 7SL from CR, etc.

TheRustyScupper said:
1) I doubt it.

I think seeing it from SSR would be a nice thing. One doesn't necessarily have to be seeing it from one's room, so it doesn't matter that not all rooms have a water view.

I think it would be a great addition! And the waterfront is so beautiful at SSR, especially with the CP Pool and playground area right there along with the viewing area you really dont need to be staying in that area and think what a nice stroll it will be from the other SSR areas.

The boats only run until 11pm or they could easily halt boat operations during showtimes. Im sure it would be once a day like the fireworks.

Many people think there are not alot of events held at DTD, but we have always found fun special events to attend at DTD. Most are free and put on by marketing teams or DTD so lots of hands on kid friendly stuff and giveaways.

Last year they had the music series that occurred every Saturday with special (AWESOME) fireworks which we watched from our SSR patio.

The Festival of the Masters Art Show.

In September they had ESPN sponsored Water Ski Jump competition right on the lake (could you imagine sitting on your patio watching ski jumps) and a boat show.

In June we did another event that showcased some of the newest toys for kids and Ds's were thrilled to try out new GBA games, took free photos on a Jesse James bike and won a Disney Scene It T for trying out the game and answering trivia questions. Lots of free arts and crafts too.

These events are never crowded (most people are in the parks) and we have a great time enjoying DTD because we don't commando the parks anymore and just enjoy spending time together as a family.

With the parks, Disney doesnt invest alot in advertising for DTD, but there is plenty to do there besides PI and DQ.

DisneyBill said:
[...]I don't think you'd have to be in your room to appreciate an event such as this in discussion, therefore any guest on property could observe.[...]
This, of course, is true about all WDW events - none of them require a guest to be in their room to appreciate it. ;)

Sorry, but I keep picturing the Adventurers Club cast on waterskis.

Hopefully it won't be that water skiing squirrel, he would be too small to see from SSR. I would like to see the fireworks start at an earlier hour. I rarely make it to Midnight after a day at the parks. :banana:

dspk said:
Hopefully it won't be that water skiing squirrel, he would be too small to see from SSR. I would like to see the fireworks start at an earlier hour. I rarely make it to Midnight after a day at the parks. :banana:
I thought I understood the fireworks show was, or is to be, discountinued? I can relate to the midnite thing, but darn it sure is fun trying to get every minute of enjoyment out of a WDW trip?

and dont forget the wonderful viewing area by the quiet pool, it would be ashame to not use it as it was attended for viewing the fireworks or any kind of water show. we were there during new years last year and it was great, the fireworks were bursting right over your head. Almost as nice as the ILLum. fireworks during Members Homecoming.

I think it is a great idea. When we stayed at GF we could see nothing from our room but rushed out of our room to watch wishes each night so I realise you don't have to be in your room but a great idea if relaxing over a glass of wine in the grounds.

Susan

during checkin, CM said enjoy fw at ssr because this would be the last year.... I said, but Ilove FW, and what about the pavillion at SSR for viewing. He said, well that would be no more too (I thought he was implying that the viewing area might come out???))

I feel cheated. I bought SSR for the FWs.

Goldi

I kind of felt the same about the fireworks but apparently they were very short and I guess kind of late after being in the parks all day so maybe something better will come to SSR. After all there will be a lot of guests to keep amused over the next 48 years!!!

Can't wait to get over to the states again... but seems so long to wait

Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter