SSR Lovers and/or Owners Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just bought in. Our first stay is Febuary 25th. We can't wait. We always wanted to own at DVC my brother has owned at OKW since the beginning but we couldn't afford it until now. Of course we have decided we need more points maybe next year.

FB

Count us in as SSR lovers/members! We bought in May '06 while on vacation and really loved it. We had our first trip home in December and it was wonderful. We had a studio at Congress Park and had an awesome view of Downtown Disney. We are so happy we decided to become DVC members! :dance3:

We're planning our next trip home for this May and then I'm bringing two friends in November for a girls' only weekend. Can't wait!!!

Welcome home everyone!

Wow, this thread is really taking off. I am so glad to see so many SSR lovers out there. Thanks again mamaprincess for starting a place for all of us "neighbors" to hang out when we can't be at our "home" And thanks to all of you who have shared your wonderful photos. They are aewsome and I am enjoying them so much. Keep em' coming!

What is a good location to request for our first trip?

FB

All locations are beautiful however if you plan on walking to DTD you may want to request Congress Park.

I've heard that the Paddocks has a path that is closer to Market Place, which we frequent whenever we visit. Perhaps someone with experience with this could elaborate.

OMG!!! I fit into this group as of TODAY!!! :love:

We just bought in, and were lucky enough to get an August 2006 UY. We are both teachers and travel to WDW usually August and December, so we think this is the best UY.

Can't wait to book our first trip!

My DW, DD and I enjoy SSR as our home resort. I agree that it is a beautiful resort. We still visit the other resorts while at WDW (especially the Poly).
Now that our DD is an adult, she is glad that SSR is so close to DTD.
My DW and I will be at OKW in May, I hope to eat at least one meal at the Turf Club. The applewood smoked bacon cheddar cheese burger is the most delicious artery clogger on Disney property, IMO.

We just bought in, and were lucky enough to get an August 2006 UY. We are both teachers and travel to WDW usually August and December, so we think this is the best UY.

Congratulations & Welcome Home. Glad to have you aboard.

Maybe we'll cross paths, we're there March 3-9. And I saw you'll be at the March 5th P&PP too! :) Have a wonderful trip!!

Aww, thanks Liz!!!:grouphug:
I'd love to cross paths!
Yup, looking forward to the party that Modnay nightpirate: :bride:

What is a good location to request for our first trip?

FB

On both of our stays we were in the Springs. It's the closest section to AP & the main pool. Congress park is on the water of Lake Buena Vista, so you get a nice view of DTD. It also has it's own little playground and quiet pool. The paddock is the section that wraps around the back it run around the body of water in the middle of the resort. It also has it's own pool & playground. The Carousel is a new section that was completed when we were there. Personally if I had a car during my stay that is where I would stay. it's the closest to the entrance. The Grandstand isn't completed yet either, But it's supposed to have it's own pool and restaurant. I've talked to people that have stayed in all parts. They all have their pro's & cons.

Okay I guess I better post here. Not only am I a VWL Groupie but I am also a SSR Groupie!!!!!!!!

I love everything about the resort. High Rock Springs pool is fabulous. We like it almost as much as SAB! It is even better than SAB for small children, not so much to worry about to keep up with them.

I hope to try out Congress Park next time and spend a lot more time relaxing and enjoying the resort.

So, hey there neighbors!
Lori

:wave2: Eveyone! Like eveyone said thanks for starting this thread. We bought into SSR on are cruise this past July. We will be going for are first stay in July of this year. I am counting down the days. I can not wait.:yay:

Welcome Home PattiPB!!

Thanks for the warm welcomes, everybody!

We have the free dining plan booked for August (Dec. bounce back offer), so we have to decide if we want to keep that or use our points for the first time. Seems a bit nuts to pay OOP when we just sprung for DVC, doesn't it? Just when they come up with a good offer at a time I can use it, I finally buy DVC!!!

What problems I have...:lmao: :cloud9:

Okay I guess I better post here. Not only am I a VWL Groupie but I am also a SSR Groupie!!!!!!!!

I love everything about the resort. High Rock Springs pool is fabulous. We like it almost as much as SAB! It is even better than SAB for small children, not so much to worry about to keep up with them.

I hope to try out Congress Park next time and spend a lot more time relaxing and enjoying the resort.

So, hey there neighbors!
Lori

I don't know if it's true or just a rumor. But I read that the pool they are building in the new Grandstand section is supposed to be similar to SAB. Wouldn't that be great, 2 or 3 quiet pools, High Rock Springs and something similar to SAB.

Hi, and thank you for starting a thread in honor of our Beautiful "Home away from Home" !:goodvibes
We bought into SSR in the very early stages....sight unseen...in Oct of `03 (before the resort was even open)....and love it there... more and more each year !!!:cloud9: :cloud9:

I don't know if it's true or just a rumor. But I read that the pool they are building in the new Grandstand section is supposed to be similar to SAB. Wouldn't that be great, 2 or 3 quiet pools, High Rock Springs and something similar to SAB.

Wow, that would be great. I should have tried to catch a peak of the area while we were there last month. Never even thought of it though.

Thanks for the info,
Lori

Owner here. One of our favorite resorts.
348%3C49879%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2327%3D64%3A%3D%3C%3A4%3DXROQDF%3E2323763%3B88274ot1lsi

348%3C49879%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2327%3D64%3A%3D%3C%3A4%3DXROQDF%3E2323763%3B88278ot1lsi

348%3C49879%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2327%3D64%3A%3D%3C%3A4%3DXROQDF%3E2323763%3B88283ot1lsi

348%3C49879%7Ffp68%3Dot%3E2327%3D64%3A%3D%3C%3A4%3DXROQDF%3E2323763%3B88289ot1lsi

348%3C49879%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2327%3D64%3A%3D%3C%3A4%3DXROQDF%3E2323763%3B88295ot1lsi

348%3C49879%7Ffp68%3Dot%3E2327%3D64%3A%3D%3C%3A4%3DXROQDF%3E2323763%3B88299ot1lsi

348%3C49879%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2327%3D64%3A%3D%3C%3A4%3DXROQDF%3E2323763%3B882%3A5ot1lsi

348%3C49879%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2327%3D64%3A%3D%3C%3A4%3DXROQDF%3E2323763%3B882%3B2ot1lsi

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter