SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Thanks so much for this! So if I want to be kind of close to the Carriage House and Kind of Close to Disney Springs, but booked a Standard room, then I'm thinking the Paddock?
The Paddock stretches out for quite a long way. You're looking for a Paddock room close to Congress Park. The rooms on the Carousel side of the Paddock are a hike from DS. Worst case if you end up in the Carousel, Grandstand, or the far end of the Paddock, hop a bus, get off at the Congress Park bus stop, and walk to DS from there.

Thanks so much for this! So if I want to be kind of close to the Carriage House and Kind of Close to Disney Springs, but booked a Standard room, then I'm thinking the Paddock?
Correct. As said above though, the Paddock is spread out and can be pretty far away as well (but can also be as close as some of the Preferred buildings in The Springs).

Correct. As said above though, the Paddock is spread out and can be pretty far away as well (but can also be as close as some of the Preferred buildings in The Springs).
Thanks so much! Thinking we'r egonna try to request the middle of the Paddock section (Building 5501-5836), but whatever happens is all good!

Thanks so much! Thinking we'r egonna try to request the middle of the Paddock section (Building 5501-5836), but whatever happens is all good!
Id request "paddock section, near pool" that's pretty much right in the middle and the bus stop is right there. Plus the bridge across the lake makes getting to the carriage house so easy. Also any bus will stop next at congress park and you can save some walking to get closer to Disney springs. Its be far our favorite area to stay.

Can anyone give an update on High Rock Pool Refurb? Other than the blanket Disney statement of late March. Has anyone been there recently? Is the pool still drained? Any info will help, we are going March 25th and are thinking of switching resorts due to the pool issue. Thank you in advance.
I just got back yesterday. The pool is drained and in a week I didn’t see any work being done. I did see work at other areas, including one day when the splash pad at the Backstretch pool was closed for painting. I thought it odd that that they’d do that at a time when High Rocks was closed.

How busy is the Paddock pool with the High Rock Spring pool closure right now? Is it fairly hard to find seating around that pool since it is smaller?
Can’t speak for Paddock but I just returned from a week in Grandstand the the Backstretch pool there was always packed, never an available chair of any type. So I would assume it’s the same at Paddock.

We asked for Paddock area when we went last September. We ended up in Carousel. I was kind of bummed until we got to our room and saw the view not to mention the proximity to the Carousel bus stop (the 2nd bus stop on the route). Also it was literally a 3 minute walk to the Paddock pool. We used to walk from our Carousel buidling to Disney Springs and back all of the time. We loved it! Our room was a 1 bedroom (7203)

Attachments

• IMG_1857.jpeg
    IMG_1857.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1858.jpeg
    IMG_1858.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 57
We asked for Paddock area when we went last September. We ended up in Carousel. I was kind of bummed until we got to our room and saw the view not to mention the proximity to the Carousel bus stop (the 2nd bus stop on the route). Also it was literally a 3 minute walk to the Paddock pool. We used to walk from our Carousel buidling to Disney Springs and back all of the time. We loved it! Our room was a 1 bedroom (7203)
Oh wow - that's beautiful! Looks awesome

Id request "paddock section, near pool" that's pretty much right in the middle and the bus stop is right there. Plus the bridge across the lake makes getting to the carriage house so easy. Also any bus will stop next at congress park and you can save some walking to get closer to Disney springs. Its be far our favorite area to stay.
Awesome, that's what I ended up doing! thanks so much for the advice! Can't wait to visit our home resort for the first time!

Glad to hear you liked your room. We’ve been assigned there before and have never understood why people complain about it so much! It’s just as close to the Paddock pool as the outer buildings of the Paddock section. It’s really not a long walk up to Artist Palette and the solitude is really a selling point. In addition, there is a nice grilling area.

Glad to hear you liked your room. We’ve been assigned there before and have never understood why people complain about it so much! It’s just as close to the Paddock pool as the outer buildings of the Paddock section. It’s really not a long walk up to Artist Palette and the solitude is really a selling point. In addition, there is a nice grilling area.
You're so right. We just loved it and we loved the walking. This resort is so beautiful that I don't know that there is a bad location. In fact, I would say this building and bus stop was better than the others especially when it's a night like the Halloween party. When we got on at the Carousel bus stop for the MK, there was no room on the bus for the later ones. Mind you that only ever happened that particular night.

Hi, I have an odd request. If anyone is in a one or two bedroom, could you measure the doorway from master to tub room? We are coming on a family trip next year and we’re looking for a place to put the crib for a one year old. Is there a solid wall there above the tub? Thanks. Hoping to get some privacy. Other 2 kids will be in the Murphy beds.

I just got back yesterday. The pool is drained and in a week I didn’t see any work being done. I did see work at other areas, including one day when the splash pad at the Backstretch pool was closed for painting. I thought it odd that that they’d do that at a time when High Rocks was closed.
My wife saw on FB today that they were filling the pool with water this morning......

I have a room request question.

I'm staying in a 1BR with a cash via Disney reservation. I'd like to stay in the Paddock, close to the Paddock pool. The online booking categories only give the following options:
Near Carriage House
Grandstand Section
Near Pool
Near Bus Stop

Right now, I've selected Carriage House. There is no option to write in more specific instructions. I'm hoping I can change my room when I check in. I could add a second preference of "near pool", but there are 5 pools! Is there a better way to handle this?

Last edited:
I have a room request question.

I'm staying in a 1BR with a cash reservation. I'd like to stay in the Paddock, close to the Paddock pool. The online booking categories only give the following options:
Near Carriage House
Grandstand Section
Near Pool
Near Bus Stop

Right now, I've selected Carriage House. There is no option to write in more specific instructions. I'm hoping I can change my room when I check in. I could add a second preference of "near pool", but there are 5 pools! Is there a better way to handle this?
If it is a cash stay via DVC then you can contact member services and they can put more specific information into your request. If it is cash via Disney then you need to call the number on your confirmation email and they can add more specific information.

Just hopping on to say that we're thrilled to return "home" to SSR in 23 days! We are staying in a two-bedroom villa for the first time. I think it'll be great to have the extra space! We are only doing two days in the parks, one day at Typhoon Lagoon, and three resort days. We're psyched and haven't even told the kids yet.

(As an aside, my nine year old was lamenting that we do not have any plans for spring break, and that it will be so boring. When I tried to assure him that we'd figure something out, I asked what he'd like to do over break. He said, "well, last year we went to Disney World and nothing can beat that"... Little does he know! My kids love SSR... last time they told us it was their favorite place to stay! We couldn't pass up the opportunity to take them again this year.)

Got back Tuesday from a nice 5-day trip, staying at Saratoga for the first time since September 2021 (Stayed at OKW in Mar 2020, followed by Saratoga in July 2021, Wilderness Lodge in Sep 2021, then 5 times at Boardwalk from Dec 2021 to Dec 2022. Parks were crowded - Spring Break definitely had an impact - though I head to Disney every 3 months or so, which makes me much more relaxed if lines are long for a ride - i'll just skip it this trip and try again next time.

I had requested specific room numbers in building 1 Congress Park - 2nd through 4th floor lake views with boxed balconies - they weren't able to get the exact room request this time, but still got me in building 1, lake view - first floor, left side of the building (closest to Disney Springs walkway)...perfect location for me. The room was renovated to the new murphy-bed arrangement - and honestly looked and even smelled like it hadn't been stayed in yet - it still smelled like resin and wood and everything was in perfect order and condition - not a mark on a wall or floor, all appliances looking untouched, every lightbulb working, pots and pans not scratched or worn, etc. Very surprised - I'm never one to complain about some wear and tear, but I still expect to see it, even on newly renovated rooms after a few months of guests.

Housekeeping/inspection was invisible - despite my unusual schedule of sleeping in late, hanging around the villa until noon or later, they never knocked on the door or asked me when I'd be leaving - I'd just come back at the end of the day or night and they had done their inspection and trash emptying. On my last day there, after all sunshine (and HEAT!), a front came through and it was nearly all-day rain - off and on...I stayed even later than usual in the room and it was towel-change day - at around 1pm I opened my door to find housekeeping doing the room next door - I asked them if they could hit my villa next and I'd vacate for a while, as I'd probably be back in the room for much of the afternoon - the rain was due to stop around 4-5pm, so I was going to head out around 3:30pm to 4pm. I grabbed a book and sat in the stairwell by the entrance to stay out of the rain and read - I headed back over 40 minutes later to check, and they had completed the inspection and towel changes and were already gone.

As always, I love the convenience of having Disney Springs just a quick walk away - I headed over for dinner after check in, and most nights after the parks to pick a bar for a drink, listen to bands, etc, before walking back to my room. I used the Springs bus stop to get to Magic Kingdom and Epcot rather than the Saratoga busses - I hopped the Wilderness Lodge bus and took the peaceful boat ride to MK, and monorailed to Contemporary for dinner then took the DS bus and walked back to Saratoga...and I hopped the Beach Club bus as I prefer to walk in the International Gateway entrance, and on the way out walked back to Beach and took the Springs bus home for the walk back to Saratoga again...both more peaceful than the bus rides to each park to and from Saratoga direct.

Does anyone have any advice for what time to be at the bus stop if we plan to do early entry at Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios?

Does anyone have any advice for what time to be at the bus stop if we plan to do early entry at Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios?
General advice is to be at the bus stop 90 minutes before early entry time, in order to be near the front of the line and catch the first bus, which usually comes an hour before early entry but may come earlier.

Yes, that means be at the bus stop at 7 if early entry begins at 8:30. And be there at 6 if the park opens at 8 and early entry starts at 7:30! 🥱

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter