SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

The Springs bus stop does not appear on the MDE app. Is there a way to tell when the bus will be there? Will adding 5 minutes to the Park bus times work? 🧐

Can anyone advise how to make good coffee with the Joffrey's packets in the studios? I tried several times and it came out watery and with an aftertaste. Not sure what I was doing wrong. Thanks!
I only put water in to the 4 C line.
It‘s just OK in my opinion.

I'd have to go along with the 'you can't' group - it's a too-small packet, and doesn't soak enough in the packet to really brew a good coffee. The best suggestion if you only want to stick to the packets they give you would be to request extra packets from housekeeping, then open them up and pour them into a metal filter (if so equipped) or even a paper towel - you can get more coffee grounds into the basket and the water will soak through them better that way.

Of course, the best solution is to bring your own coffee, and filters - or buy an overpriced can of coffee from the resort store.

I only put water in to the 4 C line.
It‘s just OK in my opinion.
Hahaha yeah I figured this out. Started at 8 cups of water because that’s what the instructions say. Then 7. Then at 6 it started getting better. I stopped at 5 cups of water.

We returned Monday from 8 nights in a 2bdr at SSR and had a great stay. I was worried about the size, the busses, the walk to everything before we left, but I have to say we had zero issues. We got our request of Paddock, upper floor near pool (and our room was ready by 1:45) and were in the first building beside the pool. Great location! The room was beautiful. Kitchen a little crowded, however it's not like we were cooking a turkey dinner so it was fine. Lack of space to store dry goods in the kitchen would be my main complaint.

We didn't have an issue with the busses, they were never crowded going to the park for early entry. Once after MK closed we waited a long time and it seemed other resorts had a couple of busses come before we did.

We only ate at the Paddock pool which had a great chicken sandwich! Son used the gym and he was impressed with the size and equipment available.

DH is a golfer, didn't golf this trip but down the road as we have less park centred trips, we will really enjoy the location!

3D0ABC35-B2AA-4FF5-916E-9880268D7CE0.jpeg
Last week I took my kids to SSR and we had a wonderful time. The resort is beautiful, peaceful and my kids are asking to stay there again next time because they loved the pools and the boat to Disney Springs! We stayed at Grand Stand in a 1 bedroom suite and it was so nice to be able to spread out and have room (1 mom with 4 kids). I loved watching the golfers from the balcony and could even see some fireworks at night. I think this resort is way underrated!!

With a room request, Paddock, upper floor, near pool...is coffee nearby and how far is the bus stop?
Thats my request every time we stay there. The coffee is at the pool bar/food area and the bus stop right behind the bar area. Our last stay we got a room on the 2nd floor at the end facing the pool. It was a 1-minute walk to the pool or bus. Its a great area.

Thats my request every time we stay there. The coffee is at the pool bar/food area and the bus stop right behind the bar area. Our last stay we got a room on the 2nd floor at the end facing the pool. It was a 1-minute walk to the pool or bus. Its a great area.
Thank you! My husband wants to use the souvenir cup to go purchase coffee every day. So is the pool bar area coffee open early in the morning?

How bad is the walk from Paddock to the quick service place in the main area?

View attachment 757101
Last week I took my kids to SSR and we had a wonderful time. The resort is beautiful, peaceful and my kids are asking to stay there again next time because they loved the pools and the boat to Disney Springs! We stayed at Grand Stand in a 1 bedroom suite and it was so nice to be able to spread out and have room (1 mom with 4 kids). I loved watching the golfers from the balcony and could even see some fireworks at night. I think this resort is way underrated!!
We stayed at Paddock last year. While I was there, I walked around all the other areas and decided next time I would request Grandstand. It seemed more secluded and quiet with beautiful views. I also think the pool is cute.

5 minutes to Artists Pallette, maybe 6 to Chip & Dales, and of course less than 1 to Paddock Grille, which is a full fledged QS in its own right.

Thanks. I'll have to check their menu again because I feel like it didn't have the breakfast options we typically like. That's the main time we do QS at resorts.

I'm hoping to go to SSR for the first time in January so trying to learn all I can! We've previously only stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and Pop Century.

I'm hoping to go to SSR for the first time in January so trying to learn all I can! We've previously only stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and Pop Century.

so funny, you're buying VGC and hoping to go to SSR in January. We're buying SSR and hoping to go to VGC in Jan! (prob a long shot) :D

so funny, you're buying VGC and hoping to go to SSR in January. We're buying SSR and hoping to go to VGC in Jan! (prob a long shot) :D

Crossing my fingers for you! We're headed to VGC next June so we thought we'd just try to squeeze in a short WDW trip before that....because why not? Ha! (Though my husband is still on the fence. I think I'll convince him if we can find good flights.)

After reading pages and pages on this thread and looking at the map, I’m thinking requesting our room be in the 8500-8800 building of the grandstand (we have a 1 bedroom standard booked). My thought process is my kids will want the pools with the slides, I want to be the first bus stop (I don’t mind walking farther as long as we are first) and I don’t think that would put us crazy far from the DS boat. We are going in the end of August so pools are super high on our priority list. Does this seem like a logical choice?

I saw a post here that said the bus pick up order is - Grandstand, Carousel, Paddock, Congress Park, Springs.
Does it ever change?

What order do they drop off when coming back from parks?

I saw a post here that said the bus pick up order is - Grandstand, Carousel, Paddock, Congress Park, Springs.
Does it ever change?

What order do they drop off when coming back from parks?
The drop off order is the same, as the buses are frequently doing pickup and drop off simultaneously.

I don’t think it’s possible for it to change given how the resort is laid out and the bus stops are built.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter