SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Hey guys! We are owners at SSR, just bought points last year! We are looking forward to our first stay (as owners) this Fall! Stayed once a few years back! The renovations are beautiful!! I can’t wait to see them in person!!

We booked a 1Br. Preferred. Which location would you recommend? We are looking for a fun pool (one with with slide and music/activities for the kids - if possible).

Does the preferred location just mean you are closer to the lobby and/or parking? Any good views of DS in this area?

Thank you in advance 🙂
There are 2 Preferred sections. Congress Park which is the section closest to Disney Springs and is the 4th bust stop and has a quiet pool. The Springs is the other Preferred section, close to the main feature pool, the Paddock feature pool and Carriage House, the main building, but it is the 5th and last bus stop.
The section circled in the middle is the Springs and lower right is Congress Park.

826449F4-9332-4908-B682-BEF560BC70B3.jpeg

Hey guys! We are owners at SSR, just bought points last year! We are looking forward to our first stay (as owners) this Fall! Stayed once a few years back! The renovations are beautiful!! I can’t wait to see them in person!!

We booked a 1Br. Preferred. Which location would you recommend? We are looking for a fun pool (one with with slide and music/activities for the kids - if possible).

Does the preferred location just mean you are closer to the lobby and/or parking? Any good views of DS in this area?

Thank you in advance 🙂
The preferred area with renovated rooms is in Congress Park. It the area closest to Disney Springs, so a quick walk there with nice views of the shopping center. There is a quiet pool there, but it is a bit of a walk to the main pool and activities area.

Another preferred area is the Springs, which is the closest to the main pool. However, it appears they are not done renovating that area, but I don't know this for 100% certainty. It did not appear anyone was staying in The Springs a couple of weeks ago when we were there, but Congress Park is open.

There is another smaller feature pool with a slide, drinks and food at the Paddock. It isn't preferred and I think it is a bit of a shorter walk to the main pool than the Congress Park.

For a trip with plans to spend a lot of time at the pool, I actually prefer the Paddock over Congress Park.

Saratoga Springs is a large and sprawling resort, and you may find pros and cons from the various areas. When we went to the parks every day last year, I liked staying at the Carousel because the busses arriving there were empty and you always got a seat. By the time the bus made it to Congress Park and the Springs the bus was packed.

When we went to the parks every day last year, I liked staying at the Carousel because the busses arriving there were empty and you always got a seat. By the time the bus made it to Congress Park and the Springs the bus was packed.
Wonder what it is like now? They can't pack the buses. At peak times they may need to have buses go directly to Congress Park and/or Springs to make sure the people there get picked up.

Wonder what it is like now? They can't pack the buses. At peak times they may need to have buses go directly to Congress Park and/or Springs to make sure the people there get picked up.
It really depends on occupancy. When we were there a couple of weeks ago with the parks closed, most of the busses were running empty or with only a family or two on them. They were only running to Disney Springs.

If occupancy is low, they won't have too many issues limiting ridership. They are also staggering the opening of the parks, which should help.

Most of our experience with Disney is with massive crowds, and if people stay away the issues of the past aren't valid.

If people start watching videos and seeing trip reports of tiny crowds, more will want to go, and that could boost crowds, but we will have to see.

Joining this wonderful group .. Our offer for 150 points was accepted May 23rd and they hit our account today! Our first week of May 2021 trip is booked..

Was 5/23 when it passed ROFR? I'm only on day 14 for my very first contract and am hoping to have my points by mid Sept so I can book at the 7 month window.

Was 5/23 when it passed ROFR? I'm only on day 14 for my very first contract and am hoping to have my points by mid Sept so I can book at the 7 month window.

Sorry for not being clear (and slightly off...) made our offer on 4/8 and it was accepted by the seller on 4/9.... contract documents received and returned to the broker on 4/10 ... ROFR was waived on 4/22 ... estoppel was waived on 5/23 ... contract closed and deed recorded on 5/26 ... received our welcome home email on 6/26 and set up our account ... finally on 7/12 the points were dropped into our account ....

The preferred area with renovated rooms is in Congress Park. It the area closest to Disney Springs, so a quick walk there with nice views of the shopping center. There is a quiet pool there, but it is a bit of a walk to the main pool and activities area.

Another preferred area is the Springs, which is the closest to the main pool. However, it appears they are not done renovating that area, but I don't know this for 100% certainty. It did not appear anyone was staying in The Springs a couple of weeks ago when we were there, but Congress Park is open.

There is another smaller feature pool with a slide, drinks and food at the Paddock. It isn't preferred and I think it is a bit of a shorter walk to the main pool than the Congress Park.

For a trip with plans to spend a lot of time at the pool, I actually prefer the Paddock over Congress Park.

Saratoga Springs is a large and sprawling resort, and you may find pros and cons from the various areas. When we went to the parks every day last year, I liked staying at the Carousel because the busses arriving there were empty and you always got a seat. By the time the bus made it to Congress Park and the Springs the bus was packed.

There are 2 Preferred sections. Congress Park which is the section closest to Disney Springs and is the 4th bust stop and has a quiet pool. The Springs is the other Preferred section, close to the main feature pool, the Paddock feature pool and Carriage House, the main building, but it is the 5th and last bus stop.
The section circled in the middle is the Springs and lower right is Congress Park.

View attachment 509124

Thank you both so much!! We do not need busses, since we drive. Our main focus is a big fun pool with a slide and activities!! My kids know what they want!! 😂 The High Rock Springs pool looked nice in a YouTube video we watched Friday. I wouldn’t mind that section if they are fully renovated by November. Might not even go over to Disney Springs - if we do, it would be for dinner one night. Thanks again!

We booked a preferred room. How long would it take to walk to the main pool from the last preferred room?

If you want to be by the main pool, request The Springs section. Congress Park is other preferred section and has the walkway to DS.

We booked a preferred room. How long would it take to walk to the main pool from the last preferred room?
Both main pools are about a 10 minute walk (for adults) from the rooms in Congress Park closest to Disney Springs, which is the furthest preferred room from the 2 main pools.

Lately I have asked for Paddock, and we have gotten it, three times. The last time, we were actually by Carousel bus stop.
Did you ask to see if they had any other area available? I think the Carousel units should be less points and maybe two of the Grandstand units go to more points. I would not want to be in the Carousel section at all.

Hello all! We are new DVC members (waiting for our closing date!!!!) with SSR being our home resort. We loved the charm, the pools, the bike paths and activities---it's the complete package. We need to wait to book our first trip until the points are available but I was interested in what people thought about location (I tried digging in this thread but it's so long...apologizes if this has been answered already). My son and husband really care about pools while I really care about bus service and actually getting a spot (even if it's a standing spot). Which section of the resort would you suggest has a great balance of access to pool(s) and a bus stop that isn't too packed so you aren't waiting around forever (barring the fact that there are a ton of stops we have to make--I'm used to that from our time at Caribbean Beach).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter