SSR Pool Hours?

Disney_Mama

DIS Veteran
Does any one know what time the pool at SSR is open till. We won't be checking in till at least 11pm and would like to unwind in the pool before we go to sleep.:wave: :thanks:

I think you will out of luck as the pool areas usually close at 10. You might be able to sneak in after that if you are alone and quite. The main reason to close the pools at 10 is to keep the noise down. I don't think anyone will hassle you if you are not causing a disturbance.

The pool officially closes at 10pm, but I have seen people swimming after midnight. The slide will be off and roped-off. If you stopped by one of the quiet pools or the main pool you should be able to go in for a dip.

All I ask is please, please, PLEASE remember that at 11pm there will be people trying to get some rest after a long day just a few feet away from the pools. Be courteous. :goodvibes

I wanted to comment on the noise concerns.

The main pool at SSR is not located by any guest rooms. The closest guest rooms are across the street in the Springs section and soon to be the Grandstand area. Im not advocating being loud, but one of the reasons we prefer SSR to the others, are the late night swims without having to "sneak" or be worried about waking up guests. They do turn off the slide and fountains, but the pools remain fully lit for nice evening swims. The lifeguards do not clear the pool area when the pool hours end, they make an announcement and post signs, secure the slide and leave. Security guards walk the area several times a night, all night.

Our favorite section at SSR is Congress Park. We have always had DTD/Pool View rooms. We have never been disturbed by loud pool guests. You simply cannot hear anything, unless you open your sliders (with the exception of the NYE Fireworks) The way the quiet pool is situated, it is away from the guest units and those units are soundproofed so well that unless you sleep with your sliders open, you will not be disturbed. I believe all the units at SSR were soundproofed the same way, not just the ones at CP.

We really enjoy our night swims and I believe SSR and VWL have the best quiet pools for late night swims. They are away from guest areas and are very well lit.

We do not swim late at BCV, BWV or OKW because of the proximity to rooms and these pools actually close down and turn out the lights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter