St Patricks Day in Disney Trip Report FINALLY COMPLETED

Sorry for taking so long but we have all been sick so i am only getting around to it now

Day 2 - Monday 15th March

I woke bright and early and the other two stayed in bed snoring lol. By the time we got dressed and down to breakfast it was nearly 8 am. The queue was back past the shop so the vip breakfast pass came in handy as we could just slip in the side door.

Ash wanted to dance more than eat so at least it gave us some time to get some food down us.

disneylandparismarch10041.jpg

Ash started getting restless, she was itching to get going so i brought her out to reception to see who was doing the meet and greet.

disneylandparismarch10049.jpg

Then my mam came out and we got the bus to the park.

When we got to main street we saw characters out doing greets but they were being swamped. Ash was queuing for tigger but was getting nowhere so when she spotted king louis she ran over to him instead.

disneylandparismarch10065.jpg

We headed to fantasyland and went on the horses and the teacups.

Then we went on iasw again. As usual ashleighs pooh bear was in attendance.

disneylandparismarch10072.jpg

For some reason whenever we saw the irish section and the leprechaun would pop up ash would scream out thats grandad so we made an effort to spot him each time lol.

disneylandparismarch10073.jpg

We were then going to head to discoveryland to do buzz but we bumped into belle on the way. Ash was so happy, she loves her. Belle was really lovely to her and we got a pic even though it was very hard with all the people pushing in.

disneylandparismarch10074.jpg

We went on buzz while my mam looked in the shop next to it.

On our way onto main st the vehicles were leaving with the characters and dancing a catchy rhythm started up so ash has to stop and dance again. A family stopped to watch her and started clapping and cheering her on lol. She got shy for a second but then finished her show lol.

disneylandparismarch10075.jpg

After this we went to the studios. This is where we saw stitch and had the problem of ash being pushed out of the way and ultimately hit the face by a grown man cutting in front of her. She was happy enough once i asked the cm could she meet stitch.

disneylandparismarch10079.jpg

We saw loads of characters around by the art of disney imagination, mulan, mushu, queen of hearts, white rabbit, mad hatter, peter pan, wendy, tigger, eyeeore, mary poppins and bert. There was huge scrums around them all and ash wasnt keen to repeat the stitch experience so we headed for the blockbuster cafe for lunch.

Ash wouldnt eat the sandwiches and she just wanted a cornetto so we got two adult meals with our free vouchers and i paid for a cornetto. I didnt really enjoy the food to be honest. There werent any croque monsuiers ready and a queue of people waiting for them so i think they may have taken them out of the oven before they were ready. They were really soggy and not nice at all.

We did meet Captain Jack Sparrow though. He was really nice and was chatting with ash for a while.

disneylandparismarch10088-1.jpg

After this we saw the characters were still around the park. Ash was feeling a bit braver so i tried to take her to the less busy queues. Just as she was about to meet the hatter, the queen of hearts came bursting though and gave ash a fright lol so she left the queue. She spotted peter pan and wendy but they kept running around the place. Then the hatter came over and ash got a bit quiet all of a sudden. She is afraid of the new disney film Alice in Wonderland, she says johnny depp has the wrong colour hat. So she whispered to me to tell the hatter he has the right hat. He was very inquisitive and i had to give him the whole story about ash and her dislike of johnny depp :rotfl2: Then she said well we can be best friends and i will always wear this hat and he picked her up. Then he said i like you say goodbye to your mother we should go on tower of terror together :lmao: Ash nearly lost it at this stage between the thoughts of leaving me and the tower of terror so he said he was only joking and they had a cuddle.

disneylandparismarch10089.jpg

We then went on the flying carpets with a 10-15 min wait.

disneylandparismarch10092.jpg

We met chip n dale in toon studios but i dont know why i only have one pic

disneylandparismarch10095.jpg

We headed back to the main park. Me and ash wanted to catch the parade. First we went to the hyperion to use ashleighs lunch voucher. Here she discovered the tam tam drummers. Ash loved them. In fact she watched the first show in the seating area and then got her food and watched it again. I couldnt get her out of there lol.

disneylandparismarch10110.jpg

After that we went to fantasyland, buzz was showing 35 min wait and i wasnt willing to wait that long at this stage of the trip.

My mam needed to go to the shop in the train station to buy cigarettes so we split up. Of course she forgot her ticket and had to wait till i was finished watching the parade to get back in lol.

Me and ash went on the teacups and iasw and went and got a space for the parade. Ash danced while kept our spot.

disneylandparismarch10112.jpg

disneylandparismarch10133.jpg

We love the parade and ash was waving mad at everyone. Then alices float came up and the hatter spotted ash. He threw his hands in the air and shouted out look its my best friend and came running over. Of course this was the one time i wasnt filming lol typical. Ash was delighted in any case so it didnt matter.

disneylandparismarch10139.jpg

disneylandparismarch10158.jpg

disneylandparismarch10165.jpg

We then went and met my mam at the front gates. We had a look around the shops and had one go on buzz before it was time to leave for our meal at cafe mickey at 6.30.

We had to wait a couple of minutes to be seated and it was very busy. We were seated upstairs out of the way a bit. We only met three characters and there wasnt really any interaction at all. It was just a quick pic and they had to move on. Pinocchio and stitch and goofy were also upstairs but never made it to our table.

disneylandparismarch10178.jpg

disneylandparismarch10181.jpg

disneylandparismarch10185.jpg

disneylandparismarch10189.jpg

After our meal we had a quick look in the shops and then headed back to the hotel.

popcorn:: Loving it! More please!

Love the Mad Hatter LOL :love:

Shame about the lack of character interaction, but at least you got to meet the main mouse in Cafe Mickey! :thumbsup2

Oh my what wonderful photos! You have a lovely little Belle there!princess: Thanks for sharing with us.:goodvibes Looking forward to the rest.

Aw your pics are fab. We met that same Mad Hatter too! He came up to us during the parade and tickled Coles toes but Cole just stared and didn't even break a smile so the MH blew a raspberry at him!! hehehe. Like you it was sods law I didn't have the camera out at that moment!

Day 3 - Tuesday 16th March

So we had a pretty restless night the night before. Ash had been coughing since we got off the plane, especially at night. She developed a fever and was coughing all night long. I got up early as usual so my mam said let ash sleep and head into the park for a while as i was up and dressed.

I made it in for about half eight.

disneylandparismarch10190.jpg

disneylandparismarch10192.jpg

I headed straight for peter pan and queued for 30 mins :scared1: I then went on buzz which was the same. Then i decided to have a look in the shops for a surprise for ash. She has been wanting one of the princess music boxes for ages so i picked out a sleeping beauty one, i got her a snow white headband and a dancing stitch lol.

disneylandparismarch10063.jpg

Yep i felt really bad for leaving her asleep in the room.

When i got back she was up and dancing around the place and felt fine. She was delighted with her gifts.

disneylandparismarch10200.jpg

I was going to cancel the auberge but she really wanted to go and wear her snow white dress. So i said i would chance it. As you can see pooh bear was coming along again lol.

disneylandparismarch10202.jpg

We all headed into the park for half eleven. My mam wasnt coming to the auberge as she really didnt enjoy the food the last time. So after taking a few pics and seeing the characters head down main st we headed for the auberge.

disneylandparismarch10195.jpg

disneylandparismarch10198.jpg

disneylandparismarch10205.jpg

My mam looked in shops and went to toad hall for lunch until we were finished.

We were greeted by cinderella who was lovely. I didnt manage to get a good pic but the official ones were really nice. We were then seated in the section to the left, so not as good as our table by the fireplace last time lol

disneylandparismarch10210.jpg

Suzy and perla came and danced with ash and she was delighted. They started jumping up and down and pointing and in walked snow white. Ash was so happy she even chatted to the prince, usually she goes all shy lol.

disneylandparismarch10216.jpg

disneylandparismarch10217-1.jpg

disneylandparismarch10224-1.jpg

disneylandparismarch10226.jpg

I had duck which i didnt really like but it was cooked well and ash had the pasta and she ate all of it. The desserts were yummy as always. Also the four glasses of wine i had helped down the duck :rotfl2:

We also met ariel and prince eric who were so nice to ash. She spent ages chatting with her. Ash didnt like the trumpet music and every time they played it she jumped out of her chair and ariel said she would tell the trumpet player to stop scaring her lol.

disneylandparismarch10233-1.jpg

Ash had a great time playing with a little boy at the table next to us. He didnt speak english at all but it was so funny watching the two of them communicate.

This was money well spent, me and ash had a great time and we will definitely be going back next time

We met up with my mam who was waiting outside. Ash couldnt wait to tell her all about it.

We then did the usual fantasyland rides. My mam said she was getting drunk from the smell of wine :rotfl:

Then we headed to frontierland. We were in a shop and ash dropped her headband. I turned around to pick it up and it was gone. I was fuming. Ash was so upset and kept saying it was her fault.

After we all calmed down we went on the molly brown.

disneylandparismarch10238.jpg

I asked my mam to mind ash while i went on phantom manor. Ash refused to go on it.

disneylandparismarch10244.jpg

When i came out ash was fast asleep in the buggy.

My mam was after getting a voucher for a free coffee so we went to victorias homestyle and just sat people watching. Then i went on star tours while my mam looked in the shop.

disneylandparismarch10256-1.jpg

Ash woke up then and wanted to go on buzz so we all went on that.

disneylandparismarch10261-1.jpg

We spent a while looking in shops on the way out to go to annettes. We made it there for about seven with quite a queue in front of us.

It took about 30 mins for us to be seated. The food was really good and so so filling. None of us could finish our plates. It was about nine when we came out so we decided to go straight back to the hotel.

Ash saw pluto doing a greet so it was one last cuddle and then time for bed.

disneylandparismarch10282-1.jpg

Hoorah for day 3!! :cool1: What was it like in the park on your own??? Love the dancing Stitch!!

Glad to hear Auberge was as good as ever - looks like you were sat near where we were last time. Did you have a booth? How pretty was Snow White??? Do love Ash's dress too! :lovestruc

Sorry to hear Ash was poorly :hug: and that she lost her headband :sad2:

Hurry up with the next day!! :lmao:

Oh my goodness, Ash looks so much more grown-up with her hair up - just gorgeous in her Snow White dress :cutie:.

Hoorah for day 3!! :cool1: What was it like in the park on your own??? Love the dancing Stitch!!

Glad to hear Auberge was as good as ever - looks like you were sat near where we were last time. Did you have a booth? How pretty was Snow White??? Do love Ash's dress too! :lovestruc

Sorry to hear Ash was poorly :hug: and that she lost her headband :sad2:

Hurry up with the next day!! :lmao:

it was actually pretty weird in the park on my own, i just spent the time texting emma and looking at stuff to buy for ash :rotfl2:

no we were sat at this little tiny table we had very little room and perla even got stuck between the chairs lol

i will have to buy her the headband again in october she was pretty devastated. i just cant understand anyone who would steal from a child, there was only a couple of seconds between ash dropping it and me bending to pick it up. ugh some people.

Oh my goodness, Ash looks so much more grown-up with her hair up - just gorgeous in her Snow White dress :cutie:.

thanks elaine. snow white was the first dress i got her way back when and its always been a fave of mine on her.

Day 4 -Wednesday 17th March

ST PATRICKS DAY!!!!!!!

So i had really been looking forward to today. seeing as it was my fourth day in i decided to plan my day out better and get as much as possible in today. Thankfully ash had slept better and was in a good humor to celebrate St Patricks day

We got up too late to have breakfast even though we had the vip pass. I was in a hurry to get going. Ash met goofy and he took her wand and was playing with it, ash thought he was turning her into a real fairy :lmao:

disneylandparismarch10284.jpg

We got to the park at about half eight this morning. We left my mam back at the hotel as she wouldnt get up lol. We went to do buzz first

disneylandparismarch10287.jpg

as you can see ash is totally serious when she is on buzz. gotta beat mammys score lol

disneylandparismarch10294.jpg

then orbitron

disneylandparismarch10299.jpg

here a really rude lady let herself and her five rude kids in front of me and ash. when i said we were before her she just started ranting in another language but i got the gist that what she said wasnt pleasant. Ash kept asking me why would that lady go in front of us when we were in a queue and i just had to tell her that some people dont have any manners. After all that ash got quite the fright on the ride lol she was holding on for dear life so im not sure if she will go on again. It doesnt help that i am quite small so it really felt like we were going to fall out.

We then decided to stroll back to main st to start queuing to meet mickey. it was already ten dont ask me where the time went. There was already a huge queue and we waited about 45 mins to meet mickey.

disneylandparismarch10309.jpg

Minnie was in the gasebo and ash wanted to meet her as well but the queue was ridiculous and she was only going to be there for another 45 mins so i talked her out of it.

We then met up with my mam around eleven and we were all starving. we went to cable car bake shop for a quick coffee break. ash got a huge cookie and me and my mam shared the nicest cheesecake ever.

disneylandparismarch10314.jpg

Then we went outside and saw the bagpipe players marching up main st. We just missed the irish dancing show so things werent going my way already lol. We headed to fantasyland to do iasw for ash and the teacups. Then it was time for our reservation at the plaza gardens. We walked in and straight away my mam said i dont like it so we walked out. After giving her a rundown of her options as i didnt want to be coming home with any vouchers we decided to go back and give it a go. I am so happy we did as it was a lovely meal. Our waiter was wonderful and they had some musicians there as well.

disneylandparismarch10320.jpg

Lol! That cookie is the size of Ash's head!!! :rotfl2: Great photo of her in Plaza Gardens! Hope you've got some photos of the food! ;)

After our meal we decided to head to the studios.

disneylandparismarch10351.jpg

We went to see playhouse disney which ash loved

disneylandparismarch10353.jpg

disneylandparismarch10358.jpg

disneylandparismarch10362.jpg

disneylandparismarch10368.jpg

Then we went to stitch live which is always a big hit. Its such a great attraction.

As we were coming out stars and cars was finishing up. Ash was a bit upset we had missed it but i had explained before we went to see stitch that we wouldnt be out on time. I managed to squeeze her in as people left just after the singing and dancing part so she got a few cuddles from passing characters. Cruella was really funny. she went and got some of the drivers and pointed at ash and went awwww then she remembered herself and started flapping her hands and making pansy faces :rotfl: She did give ash a big hug though so ash didnt mind too much.

After a quick ride on the magic carpets we then headed back to the main park.

Again we went to fantasyland and did a round of the rides. Iasw being ashleighs fave was a must.

disneylandparismarch10377.jpg

Then it was time for the pre parade so we got a place by iasw

We brought ash over to pizzeria belle notte for a kids meal as she said she was starving

We went back to our spot for the main parade. Wendy spotted ash and blew her tons of kisses and was waving and shouting out hi tinkerbell so ash was very pleased with herself.

We just about made it to catch the last show of the irish dancing. They were really good and it was cute that chip and dale came on stage as well.

disneylandparismarch10398.jpg

disneylandparismarch10400.jpg

Then there was time for another go on buzz and of course just as we got past zurg the ride broke down. We were like two feet from the exit and we had to sit there for about 25 minutes. I should have just got up and left lol. So ash had to amuse herself for a bit by being silly

disneylandparismarch10404.jpg

After that me and my mam wanted to get something to eat so we went to the hyperion. The drummers had already finished but at least ash got to watch some cartoons which she loved. She ate most of my food too lol that girl is never full.

It was almost time for the fireworks so we headed back towards main st. The place was pretty packed and i didnt want people falling over the buggy as it was very dark so we headed to the side of the castle by orbitron. We didnt have a full on view but it was still magnificent and ash had an unobstructed view in her buggy. I am still trying to sort my camcorder out so i will post video of the fireworks as soon as it is up.

disneylandparismarch10416.jpg

After that we headed back to the village and had a look at the shops. Then we found toilets which was very exciting for us as we had never seen them before in our three previous trips lol. Note to self the water level is very powerful so stand waaaaaaay back from the taps next time. I got soaked trying to wash my hands. Back at the hotel ash met mickey. I love that they had the characters in the evening as well, i hope they continue to do this.

disneylandparismarch10428.jpg

After a quick play in the lobby it was most definitely time for bed .

disneylandparismarch10432.jpg

disneylandparismarch10429.jpg

Lol! That cookie is the size of Ash's head!!! :rotfl2: Great photo of her in Plaza Gardens! Hope you've got some photos of the food! ;)

lol i know it took her the whole day to eat it. she was actually eating the end of it watching the fireworks :lmao:

i do i will see can i find them on photobucket and i will add them. the food was really nice. i am a bit funny with food and was worried about the buffet but really you could stuff yourself on the starters and desserts alone. i barely got to try out the mains lol.

Fantastic write-up! Loving all your pics, really gives a great feel for the whole experience. Ash is sooo beautiful and totaly love the pic of her & goofy, hopefully we'll get a smiliar pic with my Goofy mad DD1 :thumbsup2

Fantastic write-up! Loving all your pics, really gives a great feel for the whole experience. Ash is sooo beautiful and totaly love the pic of her & goofy, hopefully we'll get a smiliar pic with my Goofy mad DD1 :thumbsup2

goofy is everywhere you will have no problem getting a pic with him lol he is like the santa fe mascot. thanks so much im glad you are enjoying it

I really enjoyed your report. Our little one will be turning 3 when we go, so it was nice to see how your DD handled everything. I'm also glad she liked the Princess meal because DH wasn't sure if ours was "ready" for that (although the wine part certainly tempted him...lol).

It's a shame people think nothing of bumping, shoving little children to get theirs in front. I hope this doesn't happen to us because DH has a wee temper. I cannot believe someone would stoop so low as to steal a child's headband...incredible. :sad2:

Nonetheless, glad your little one had a great trip. She's quite a beauty!
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter