Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser How To Know First?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an email, but it didn't say anything about points. Where are you seeing this? I mean, it doesn't really matter since I'm wanting the 6/1 "voyage," but I'm curious to see what the point equivalent would be.

I got an email, but it didn't say anything about points. Where are you seeing this? I mean, it doesn't really matter since I'm wanting the 6/1 "voyage," but I'm curious to see what the point equivalent would be.
I saw it on the DVC website (I didn’t see/notice it in the email)

It says this:
A Special Disney Collection Exchange Opportunity
Because this is a Disney Collection Exchange opportunity, at least one person must be booked on points. Other Guests can make cash payments. Point Charts and Cash Pricing will be available October 7.

Can AP and DVC book on line tomorrow instead of calling? I never got an email. For either.
Only Club 33 and Golden Oak can book tomorrow, Oct 5-7.

AP and DVC are eligible to book Oct 7-9.

From what I'm seeing, Starcruiser is only bookable by phone.

So were all set to book..My wife received an email, I did not. But after Space 220 resi we did on the 1st, we are both not so sure now how Disney will pull this off in a manner that does not make you feel both underwhelmed and stuck behind TV screens. Space 220 if I am being honest....was really not that good for what it was billed to be. My food was ok, the drinks were not good...we def did not feel like we were in "space". So when we left my wife looked at me and asked " are you sure you want to spend the money on Galatic Starcruiser or wait to see what it looks like and how the real reviews pan out.

From what we have been told by some cast members in reservations....I think they will do it like a cruise. You put down a deposit 1st and then all of it due 60 or 90 days out and a cancellation of like 60 days out or something to that affect. I really do not think with this type of experience they can do a normal hotel cancelation as if you just cancelled your resi at Pop Century and they fill that room like 2 mins later. So with that said, if they have a 60 day cancellation window....they are only offering a window of 64 days to book 3/1 - 5/4 which would basically mean that by the time we saw real reviews of the experience, the cancellation window would be gone.

So let the dilemma begin....to book or wait and see.

So were all set to book..My wife received an email, I did not. But after Space 220 resi we did on the 1st, we are both not so sure now how Disney will pull this off in a manner that does not make you feel both underwhelmed and stuck behind TV screens. Space 220 if I am being honest....was really not that good for what it was billed to be. My food was ok, the drinks were not good...we def did not feel like we were in "space". So when we left my wife looked at me and asked " are you sure you want to spend the money on Galatic Starcruiser or wait to see what it looks like and how the real reviews pan out.

From what we have been told by some cast members in reservations....I think they will do it like a cruise. You put down a deposit 1st and then all of it due 60 or 90 days out and a cancellation of like 60 days out or something to that affect. I really do not think with this type of experience they can do a normal hotel cancelation as if you just cancelled your resi at Pop Century and they fill that room like 2 mins later. So with that said, if they have a 60 day cancellation window....they are only offering a window of 64 days to book 3/1 - 5/4 which would basically mean that by the time we saw real reviews of the experience, the cancellation window would be gone.

So let the dilemma begin....to book or wait and see.
Yes. 20% down is due at booking.
Full payment is due at 90 days.
50% penalty for cancellations at 89-31 days
100% penalty for cancellations at 30-0 days
No date changes once full payment is made.

Yes...so I guess it will be like playing with a chance cube... but do we let faith decide?

I am just trying to call for status on a MagicBand. How are the lines busy all day if it’s just Club 33 and Golden Oak today?!

Has anyone heard anything about Disney Visa booking? I’ve been looking but no e-mail yet.

I’m super curious to hear, too, if we have any Club 33 or Golden Oaks folks that have booked: what did the actual cost and available options end up looking like, and for what dates? (if the price is seasonal, e.g.)

That club 33 deal is what like $25,000 to join then $10,000 a year every year after? I have only read about those magical creatures in stories....if one does post on here it would truly be magical for me!!! I would have so many questions

on a side note...I wonder how accurate the availability calendar is for Galactic Starcruiser....as in is it being updated currently? Will it update on the 7th?

I’m super curious to hear, too, if we have any Club 33 or Golden Oaks folks that have booked: what did the actual cost and available options end up looking like, and for what dates? (if the price is seasonal, e.g.)
Scott Gustin reported that the standard cabin for the time frame being offered for the Golden Oaks/Club 33 people was $5200ish for 2 people.

So another question...I see websites saying that presale for AP holders is oct 8-9th...but the email my wife received says the 7-9th

Anyone else notice the same thing? Did they change it one way or another?

Is this on the website somewhere? I was trying to find more details on the cancellation policy.

Is this on the website somewhere? I was trying to find more details on the cancellation policy.
Not that I know. I found this on Twitter - verified by Scott Gustin, and it’s also posted in another thread on Disboards by someone who got the info from their travel agent.

I booked today. Grand Captain’s Suite was just shy of $12K for 4 people. Captain’s Table was another $30 per person. And yes the phone lines were crazy….we waited on hold 5.5 hours then it took over an hour to finalize the booking!

I booked today. Grand Captain’s Suite was just shy of $12K for 4 people. Captain’s Table was another $30 per person. And yes the phone lines were crazy….we waited on hold 5.5 hours then it took over an hour to finalize the booking!
Regular reservation phone number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter