STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

Anyone else get a pin code this morning for early booking? I got an email that said because I was an "avid star wars fan" I had a chance to book early and it gave me a pin code. I haven't tried to use it because I'm pretty sure I still can't book beyond September 30. Just wondering if anyone else got this email!

Anyone else get a pin code this morning for early booking? I got an email that said because I was an "avid star wars fan" I had a chance to book early and it gave me a pin code. I haven't tried to use it because I'm pretty sure I still can't book beyond September 30. Just wondering if anyone else got this email!

My MIL got one this morning and is on hold with them right now.

No TA is going to be an expert on EVERY travel destination. Some probably get their information from reading the same websites everyone else uses. Anyone with internet access can do searches to learn about popular travel destinations, search for flights, hotel accommodations, etc. The only advantage I can see is if the TA can offer discounts not publically available elsewhere.

In the case of Disney, even if they have been familiar with it in the past is no guarantee they will be current on things like covid restrictions that frequently change, having park reservations or newest things like Genie and those paid options. You will spend a LOT of time talking with your TA to explain your preferences, which parks you plan to do, where you want to eat ......etc. if you are expecting them to also do things like make dinner plans or park reservations. The Genie thing is so new not sure if TA's will also be involved in that since it has to be more real time. Not sure any TA will be an expert in the use of Genie since it is brand new and people are still trying to figure it out.

If you have never been to Disney, likely many of the questions the typical Disney experienced TA will be asking you will have no idea how to answer. As mentioned by others, Disney will no longer talk directly with you if a TA has made your reservations. All communications will need to go through them.

I got a pin code and my TA will be trying to book my reservation later today. Seems like Captain's table is sold out for most dates, though. We'll keep trying when the cancellation dates come up, though. Maybe we'll get lucky. I just can't wait to get this booked. The big question will be whether to tell my kids so they can get excited, or surprise them? I usually tell them about our trips but they don't even know this hotel exists yet.

I got a pin code and my TA will be trying to book my reservation later today. Seems like Captain's table is sold out for most dates, though. We'll keep trying when the cancellation dates come up, though. Maybe we'll get lucky. I just can't wait to get this booked. The big question will be whether to tell my kids so they can get excited, or surprise them? I usually tell them about our trips but they don't even know this hotel exists yet.

I’ve determined that I will surprise my two teens and their younger brother as a Christmas present. The oldest has his own My Disney Experience account though. I doubt he will be using it in the next two months but I might need to accidentally delete it off his phone for the next 60 days since it blantantly gives it away. 🤔🙄

I also got the "Avid fan" early sale code this morning. Called immediately, waited on hold for about 10 minutes, and spoke to Beatrice, who was awesome! Me, wifey, +2 good friends in a Galaxy suite + Night 1 Captain's Table for August 12, 2022.

I also got the "Avid fan" early sale code this morning. Called immediately, waited on hold for about 10 minutes, and spoke to Beatrice, who was awesome! Me, wifey, +2 good friends in a Galaxy suite + Night 1 Captain's Table for August 12, 2022.
OMG yay! I'll see you at the Captains Table that night! My hope is to be Star Wars bounding as the frog lady from the Mandalorian, we shall see how that goes

We're doing the same sized group around the same time...Can you give the price?

OMG yay! I'll see you at the Captains Table that night! My hope is to be Star Wars bounding as the frog lady from the Mandalorian, we shall see how that goes
Outstanding! Looking forward to meeting you and your family. We've only had preliminary talks on costumes for the trip so far, but we'll get to work on it soon. Let's keep in touch as we get closer.

I'm so jealous...the only time I've ever had a PIN code was for early 2021 dates before my family would have felt comfortable planning a Disney trip, so I just had to ignore it.

We're doing the same sized group around the same time...Can you give the price?
Captain's table is an add-on that needs to be paid in full up front for $31.82 per person.

Travel insurance is ~$82 per person - optional, paid in full up front.

The reservation itself is $7,763.80 for 4 adults in a Galaxy Class cabin. 20% Deposit ($1552.76) up front, balance due 90 days prior to trip.

It's a little cheaper to do a Standard cabin - though I forget by how much. What they explained to me on the phone is that the Galaxy Class has a separate room for the master bed, and the Standard bunks get replaced by drop down, standalone beds in the Galaxy Class.

Captain's table is an add-on that needs to be paid in full up front for $31.82 per person.

Travel insurance is ~$82 per person - optional, paid in full up front.

The reservation itself is $7,763.80 for 4 adults in a Galaxy Class cabin. 20% Deposit ($1552.76) up front, balance due 90 days prior to trip.

It's a little cheaper to do a Standard cabin - though I forget by how much. What they explained to me on the phone is that the Galaxy Class has a separate room for the master bed, and the Standard bunks get replaced by drop down, standalone beds in the Galaxy Class.
We're looking for the Galaxy Class for the extra space if it's 2k or less per adult (which it seems it will be). I don't mind the fold down beds since I assume they use the same twin mattress as the bunk beds in the smaller regular cabin.

Booked! So excited. We'll be on the 8/26 "sailing" in a standard room. Instead of upgrading to a suite I decided to add a day to our pre-cruise hotel booking, since our flight will get us in too late to go to a park and there's a two-day minimum on tickets booked as part of a package. (Plus, I really want to ride Remy and try Space 220).

I wonder how they'll handle leaving the ship if there are those who have post-Starcruiser hotel ressies and want to be out earlier to rope drop somewhere else (depending on park hours). It would be nice if they gave us an option for special early access to HS the day the trip ends since we're right there. I'm planning on building in a day or two before or after the Spacecruiser; thinking before may work best.

Question - do you think we'll be able to purchase lightning lane passes for rides in Hollywood Studios? There was one additional ride we wanted to go on but obviously we want to maximize our time on the Starcruiser if possible.

Need to know this also! I would like to get a few other new/favorite HS rides done this day also. I am assuming yes to IA$$ and G+ if wanted based on info that I have seen about shuttles goin back and forth all day until 4:00 pm but would love to get confirmation of how the day will work!

Hi what number did you call? Starcruiser exclusive number? Wondering for general booking. Thanks
Sorry for the slow response, I just saw this. I just called the regular reservations phone number. I don’t think they’ve released a phone that goes straight to those booking GS. Or if they have, I didn’t know it.

I dialed exactly as the clock turned to 7:00am. The recording said my wait would be 10 minutes, but it was actually 30 to get to the 1st CM. They qualified that I was eligible for early booking & asked me questions about desired dates & such. Then they transferred me to the GS queue. A recording said my wait would be at least 2 hours. And then it was dead silence for the next 4.5 hours. I was impressed that after that long hold the 2nd CM had all the info I’d given to the 1st CM right at their fingertips.

The sold out voyages keep growing.

View attachment 613387

Just doing an occasional screenshot of availability to see what it tells us, if anything, and to keep track of changes over time. Quoting a previous screenshot from 10/15. Keep in mind Disney's disclaimer about "availability is for informational purposes, only updated periodically and subject to change..."

I find it interesting that the first "non-March" departure to sell out (other than May the Fourth) is the April 16 departure. That is Easter weekend; I wouldn't have expected that to be many people's first choice. Shows what I know, lol.

I find it interesting that the first "non-March" departure to sell out (other than May the Fourth) is the April 16 departure. That is Easter weekend; I wouldn't have expected that to be many people's first choice. Shows what I know, lol.

Mom of two high school teens here!!

Spring break (luckily ours isn’t Easter week so we can save some $$$) was absolutely our first choice because it literally is the easiest week to travel and not worry about them missing anything! Also, since my kiddos do fall sports much of summer is a wash with early camps/practices that of course are listed as optional. Ummmm right!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter