Star Wars Weekend Tips 2012

I have a question for the DHS CM's who have been so generous with their time and information during SWW.

I was talking to a friend today who's daughter recently visited a friend who is a cast member at WDW. When her daughter came home from the trip, she said there were some rumors flying around about TOT. She said the first was that they were going to re-theme TOT to allign with a new Disney movie that will be released soon. The second was that there is a suite in the TOT much like the one in Cinderella's Castle.

The second one sounded far fetched considered the nois and vibration that the ride generates.

Anyone hear any of these, or are they just that rumors?

Thanks
Rick

That really isn't the topic of this thread. Perhaps it would be better if you created a new thread for this discussion.

Sigh...costumes are washed and put away.

Photopass CD ordered this morning, 900 pictures with the edits! Can't wait to get the CD!!

TR soon to follow.

That really isn't the topic of this thread. Perhaps it would be better if you created a new thread for this discussion.

Yes, you are correct it is not. However between last year's SWW and this years thread I have gotten to know many and wanted to pose the question to them.

Sorry

Sigh...costumes are washed and put away.

Photopass CD ordered this morning, 900 pictures with the edits! Can't wait to get the CD!!

TR soon to follow.

I know what you mean when you say sigh!! I don't have a photo CD to look forward to, but my son and I are anxiously waiting our carbon freeze me's!! We are also staring to plan for next year. Helps ease the sting.

I am sure you will love your pictures!!

I know what you mean when you say sigh!! I don't have a photo CD to look forward to, but my son and I are anxiously waiting our carbon freeze me's!! We are also staring to plan for next year. Helps ease the sting.

I am sure you will love your pictures!!

We've all got such a post vacation blues is pitiful! And we can't even look forward to SWW next year since we'll be at Aulani. Not that its a bad trade, but still....really going to miss all the SW fun.

Melissa

We've all got such a post vacation blues is pitiful! And we can't even look forward to SWW next year since we'll be at Aulani. Not that its a bad trade, but still....really going to miss all the SW fun.

Melissa

Nice!!! My wife and I have been talking about using points and going to Aulani!! Now I have two things to look forward to, hearing about your trip and father and Son get a way to SWW!!

It was nice seeing you and your family again this year. Enjoy Aulani!!

Rick

Nice!!! My wife and I have been talking about using points and going to Aulani!! Now I have two things to look forward to, hearing about your trip and father and Son get a way to SWW!!

It was nice seeing you and your family again this year. Enjoy Aulani!!

Rick

It was great to see you two also! We'll defnintely let you know about Aulani! Its become all consuming for DR at this point :rotfl:

We hadn't heard anything about TOT, but we don't have many connections at DHS like Yullin does. Will be interesting to find out. Wonder if anything is on the rumors board? DR and I used to play on that board all the time, but its been years.

Take care!

Had a great time with the family at SWW this year! Does any one know or can take an educated guess what weekends it will be in 2013? Trying to plan already! :goodvibes Thanks!

Had a great time with the family at SWW this year! Does any one know or can take an educated guess what weekends it will be in 2013? Trying to plan already! :goodvibes Thanks!

relying on the history of the event, expect to have SWW the last 2 weekends of May and first 2 in June. Many CM's working the event have been pushing for a change in date, to around February, which would be awesome temperature wise.

relying on the history of the event, expect to have SWW the last 2 weekends of May and first 2 in June. Many CM's working the event have been pushing for a change in date, to around February, which would be awesome temperature wise.

Pushing it to February would be AWESOME, both temperature and crowd wise!

February would be AWESOME!! The dates have always been tough for us as our schools don't let out until mid June - so taking the kids out near the very end of school is risky with testing and finishing up the curriculum.
Only one year do I remember that they did all 4 weekends in June and I think it was a big anniversary year where there was another major SW event at the end of May. June is soooo HOT for all the costumes and outside lines!
Of course, we may come down again over Memorial Day next year if it's scheduled then - DGrD has an extra day off for teachers inservice that week. I really want her to meet and experience Ray Park, too, so we'll see what weekends he'll be there. Just finished all my photopass pics - so stinkin cute!:thumbsup2

OMG! That would be a dream come true really, then the characters wouldn't have to rotate every 15 seconds b/c of the heat! If there was a Disney petition website I'd sign on for that for sure :rotfl:!

I sure hope not!! We would NEVER make it back for SWW if they moved it during the school year. :sad2:

February would be AWESOME!!! Especially temperature-wise.

It's really hard for us with ds's seizures with the heat in June. We spent ALOT of time cooling him down at Darth Mall, ABC Comissary, Sci-Fi Dine In, and One Man's Dream. In line outside, he was cooled off with frozen water bottles. We didn't even attempt the parade because of the heat.

Although it's hot, it's great timing for us. I'm even thinking of using Memorial Wknd next year as a way to come down on a Friday, go back home on Monday, work the 4 day week then come back again Friday and then stay the entire week. I'd be able to attend 3 Wknds that way! :banana:

Anyone else sad that there aren't any "Live from SWW" reports to read today? :rotfl:

My son is very sad that SWW is over. DH knew the letdown might come, so he bought a DVD of SWW from a past year online. We watched the DVD yesterday which brought SWW right to us! It was also interesting to compare and see how much better this year was compared to that year, especially how Hoopla improved!

It was fun seeing Wicket's Warehouse and the fighter jet inside, and the interactive game, etc. Hoopla at the Star Tours Stage and Stars of the Saga inside ABC Theater.

All in all, I think this year's SWW was the best so far. Very well put together and organized.

I'm wearing my Duck Maul SWW 2012 shirt today. It feels weird not having any updates, but at least we're a second closer to SWW 2013!

I don't know what made me think of it today, but I remembered that my Carbon Freeze Me receipt had tracking numbers on it. I just checked, and my son and I are still being frozen.

We were there for week 3. I was wondering if anyone who did the CFM during the first week checked their order status. If you did, please let me know wht your status is. My son keeps asking when they will arrive.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads on this board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter