Staying at the Swan

Fantasia Sam

I've been here so much longer!
Well the discounted room rate that I've been given for my up and coming DISCon trip is very reasonable at $129.00 a night and as I'm not paying for my flight (I'm using DBF's airmiles which he doesn't have a lot left of because I decided to fly club - well I am on my own !!!).

So what can you tell me about the rooms?

Is this a good rate then?

I was originally just gonna be there from the 3rd to 9th December but there is soooo much going on before and after DISCon (lots of meets etc) that I decided to stay a while longer so I'm looking at the 2nd through to 13th. I thought about going to a cheaper hotel outside the convention dates but it just seems all so hassley.

I've just received my MVMCP ticket today so I'm a tad excited:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Location, location, location :) !!!

It is in such a great location - walking distance to Boardwalk, Friendship boats to Epcot and MGM Studios just outside ..... watch out though! Jan and I missed the last boat from MGM - we just missed it after watching Fantasmic! ( oh and a brief visit to some shops on the way out ;) )

( Just in case you are wondering, a very kindly transportation bus driver took us back although he was headed for one of the other resorts, but I wouldn't rely on him being there every night !!)

Way to go getting Club Class with the Air Miles - it is just so stress free - I'm hoping to save enough Air Miles to fly Club on our next visit too!

I'm sure you are going to have a really great time!!

Hi Sam :wave:

The rooms at the Swan are slightly different from the Dolphin, in that they have 2 Queen beds, the Dolphin has doubles. The theme is a beach/seaside theme in turqoise and coral. It's just a tiny walk to the boat dock where you can get boats to MGM and EPCOT. And the bus stop is just outside the hotel for the other parks and DTD. One of the benefits of staying in a high rise hotel is you don't have all the walking like in the spread out resorts. We stayed in DXL last time, and did a lot more walking backwards and forwards to bus stops so it's a lot easier on the legs staying at the Swan or Dolphin.

For such a good rate I wouldn't bother swapping hotels, as I don't think you would get a much lower rate even for the All Stars. You must go across to the Dolphin to see the gigantic Xmas tree in the foyer, I believe it is fantastic. Last year they also had a light show but not sure of the dates for that.

Check out www.swandolphin.com for any information on the hotels, including restaurants etc and the DIS Resort Board has a couple of threads with lots of info about this Resort.

I'm not surprised you are excited, as December is a magical time at WDW with all the decorations - be sure to see the Osborne Lights at MGM! :D

Originally posted by neilybealy
wow have you seen the presidential rooms

:teeth:

Outrageous!!!!!! You wouldn't catch me slumming it there! ;)

The videos are worth a look. Some rooms at the Dolphin have fully furnished hospitality areas for meetings and parties! Oo er missus!

Originally posted by UKDEB
The videos are worth a look. Some rooms at the Dolphin have fully furnished hospitality areas for meetings and parties! Oo er missus!

there ya go then

get on the phone and book straight away !!

;)

Thanks for the link again Mazzy I know you gave it to me before but I just looked at The Dolphin that time.

Wow it looks nice doesn't it I'm definatley sold on The Swan and I'm going to ask for a balcony........but all those restaurants and places to eat........oh good grief what is a girl to do.

Your right Shirley - it's all about location and I think the EPCOT resorts are a great location to be in from when we stayed at the YC - YUP SOLD !!!

Obviously I'll walk into the Lobby like I'm royalty on the day and see if I get upgraded to Presidential - in my dreams!;)

Jan and I missed the last boat from MGM - we just missed it after watching Fantasmic! ( oh and a brief visit to some shops on the way out )

Even if you are unlucky enough to miss the last boat, it's not to far to walk (although your legs would be tired after a day at the parks...) We were tempted to walk back to the Y&B to get Katie after watching Fantasmic, but it started to rain, so we opted for the boat. After waiting ages for the boat, I was kinda wishing we had just walked - it's not really that far at all.

Bev

Sam, someone on the DIS Resorts Boards has kindly posted some photos for me of their refillable mug from the Dolphin, if you are interested! Their mugs are totally different to the usual Disney Resort Mugs and will make a nice souvenir once you get back home as they have photos of the SwanDolphin Resort on them.

The thread is entitled Dolphin Refillable Mugs (sorry don't know how to link it!). It may be a way of saving a little more dosh, but I'm afraid the savings won't stretch to the Presidential Suite! ;)

Thanks Mazzy for this it will save money and I was particularly pleased to hear that it also includes hot chocolate!

Yes Sam the hot choccy is my favourite too! :D

Also did you know if you have a Disney Club card you can get 20% off food at all the Restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin, including Tubbis, but not Shula's? Maybe you already know this, but thought I'd mention it just in case you don't! :D

I did not know this so all these tips you are giving me are fabulous - Mazzy you are fast becoming my little Swolphin guide ;) Thank you soooo much

You're Welcome Sam! :D

As this trip was mean to happen LAST Xmas, its seems an age since I first researched all this information. I am just about to start ringing up to book Restaurant PS's that I booked LAST year, it's like de javu (sp??)! Hoping for a healthy family this Christmas so we can actually put our plans into reality (no poorly kids pleeeassee!) ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter