Staying @ Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay Resort, or Royal Pacific Resort? Start here!

A couple of questions please :)

Re. parking, I will not have a car - does the charge get put onto the bill automatically and I have to ask them to take it off, is it best to tell them when I check in I don't have a car?

Re. fridge in room, I have various medicines that must be kept refrigerated, I know there is the $15 a day charge for a fridge but if I am using it for medicinal reasons will they waive the cost? 8 nights x $15 really increases the cost (!)

Fridges are in all rooms now, free of charge.

They will ask if you have a car at check in, they won't just assume you have.

A couple of questions please :)

Re. parking, I will not have a car - does the charge get put onto the bill automatically and I have to ask them to take it off, is it best to tell them when I check in I don't have a car?

Re. fridge in room, I have various medicines that must be kept refrigerated, I know there is the $15 a day charge for a fridge but if I am using it for medicinal reasons will they waive the cost? 8 nights x $15 really increases the cost (!)
Suggest you check your hotel bill for charges daily through your room tv station or ask at the lobby desk

When you check in you are asked if you have a car but sometimes still get a charge for one

I stay on site various times a year without a car
Most times I have that car add on
I tell them that is an error and it is removed immediately
No, this does not get on my nerves as it happens at other hotels for me

Just be on guard and check your bill at checkout time and have it corrected.

Same with the free fridge for medical needs
Have a note put on your reservation that fridge needed for medical reasons

If you are staying at rpr , a mini fridge is included in their rooms

mac......you're right of course........I assumed poster was staying at RP.........where fridges aren't standard there can be a charge......but of course free for medical needs.

Glad you caught that........:thumbsup2

Which hotels do not include the free fridge? We are torn between RPR and HRH. I currently have a standard 2 queen room booked at HRH, but I keep thinking I should change it to RPR. I like the larger rooms at HRH, but I like the looks of RPR better. Anyone ever stayed at both that could offer a good comparison of the two?

I have stayed at both many times

Hrh does have more sq footage than rpr
I go solo and could do either hotel but prefer rpr
I love the ambiance of the lobby
Quite a few shops in the building which changes merchant constantly

I like the choices of onsite eateries also
Bula bar, tchoup chop, Island dining room, jakes which is open after midnight
The 24 hour room service menu also is good for my needs

Short walk to city walk and iOa pleases me

Overall, it's rpr that I favor but others might lean towards the other two deluxe
The room size is not an issue for me as I always book a king suite for my hotel stays
I like the layout of those rooms as a door separates the bedroom to the living room

It is strictly personal choice for me.
A person can't go wrong with any of the three deluxe hotels

I also prefer the look of RPR. I have read on here that HRH can be loud. We want something quiet and relaxing. Our favorite Disney resort is POR - in the alligator bayou section. We like the shade and the relaxing atmosphere there. That's why, even though I'm booked at HRH, I keep thinking we would be probably like RPR better.

You could stay at one hotel but do dinner, lunch, breakfast, snack at the other hotel on one of your days

Get the best of both worlds
Stay at one and spend an afternoon at the other

Walk thru rpr lobby and then sit around the pool, etc

We definitely plan on trying all of the different pools. We'll be there 4 nights, so hopefully do a different one each day.

Hi! We staying at Portofino Bay last week of October... wondered if anyone used the kids club?? Our boy is 9 and enjoyed kids club on our last hol but that was Majorca and we're a bit unsure if this one will be similar (apologies if that sounds weird)... would be nice to have some quality "us" time too though.... all help appreciated!! xx

it has been many years but loved it when we did use it. loved the look of the place and staff very attentive. depending on when you go, can be very slow, our son being the only one there at times. lots of games and crafts to do, he enjoyed it.

Sorry, newb question. I'm staying at PBR next week. I made the reservation online, but it didn't give an option to buy tickets to the park(s). Is it best to wait and buy the tickets at the hotel at check-in and express is added automatically? If I buy them online without express, do I turn them in and have the hotel upgrade them to Express? We are only staying 1 night and I'm not sure if we will be going 2 days or just 1 and probably won't know for certain until the night before check-in, so I'd rather wait and see. But if it makes more sense economically, I'd buy both days, assuming I'd be able to get at least a couple hours in on one of the days and a full day on the other.

TIA!

Sorry, newb question. I'm staying at PBR next week. I made the reservation online, but it didn't give an option to buy tickets to the park(s). Is it best to wait and buy the tickets at the hotel at check-in and express is added automatically? If I buy them online without express, do I turn them in and have the hotel upgrade them to Express? We are only staying 1 night and I'm not sure if we will be going 2 days or just 1 and probably won't know for certain until the night before check-in, so I'd rather wait and see. But if it makes more sense economically, I'd buy both days, assuming I'd be able to get at least a couple hours in on one of the days and a full day on the other.

TIA!

hey, we are your first post, hope i don't let you down...
glad you came here!

a person can book a package which is room and tickets.
or, can book a room and buy the tickets anywhere they want to.
park, online, or 3rd party vendor., etc

when you stay at one of the 3 onsite deluxe hotels, you create the photo id express card.
once you check in at the lobby at pbh, go to the hotel kiosk and follow the directions listed on it for photo id cards.
insert your hotel card, smile, click take picture and it comes out of the machine.

that photo paper id card is what you show to use the express lines in the park.
it is not a feature that is added onto your hotel key card but a separate paper card.

the perk of using the express lines is for the day you check in and the entire park day of when you check out.

you can buy your park ticket online and pick it up at the kiosks or guest services in the park or hotel in some cases.
if you think you will be in the park the day you check out for some hours, you can buy the 2 day park ticket which would be cheaper than buying a one day park ticket.

if you are not sure, and buy a one day only ticket, you can upgrade it (for a 2 day ticket) at guest services before the end of the park day you are there.

buy the park to park ticket so you can do both parks on your visit.

Thanks for the info and clearing up my confusion. Now to decide if I can convince DW to do a 3rd day, since it's free if we purchase 2 days!

Please go through the pages that are current.
Take notes on the posts that are helping you plan your trip.

This thread began in 2007.
It did not become very active until 2011.

I have read through the entire thread twice and feel it is time to create new threads for the hotels.
We need current information to help all who are planning trips or deciding which hotel is best for them.
I will unsticky this thread and let it run its course.

Do post here if you wish but it will no longer be a sticky.

Stickies are made to stay at the top of the first page so it makes it easier for readers to find information on the hotels.
Not sure if we need individual threads for each hotel or to group the deluxe hotels together.

Pm me if you have an opinion to group all onsite hotels into one thread or individual stickys.
I don't want to take away from the theme of this thread is why i am requesting give me your thoughts through the pm system.

We now have a sticky for RPR.

if you posted in this thread and gave information on RPR, do a copy/paste it in the new sticky

i'm only suggesting this as many of you have added great information and pictures these past 18 months.
no need to lose any of that.

Which hotels do not include the free fridge? We are torn between RPR and HRH. I currently have a standard 2 queen room booked at HRH, but I keep thinking I should change it to RPR. I like the larger rooms at HRH, but I like the looks of RPR better. Anyone ever stayed at both that could offer a good comparison of the two?
2 hotels have the mini fridge now that renovations have been completed.
i have stayed at both and you can't go wrong with either one.
they each have their plusses and minuses.

i always go with rpr.
i'm swayed by the lobby, and choice of 4 onsite food places.
close walk to city walk is the icing on the cake for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter