Staying off-site the night before

csf97

Earning My Ears
We plan to stay at an off-site hotel the day before we go to the parks for the first time.

If we have reservations at Sapphire Falls the day we plan to go to the parks, can we drop off our luggage early that morning and check in after leaving the parks?

Can we ride the water taxi before officially checking in?

Is early admission to the Parks valid before checking in?

Do they offer checking in via an app like many hotels do?

Thanks so much!

We plan to stay at an off-site hotel the day before we go to the parks for the first time.

If we have reservations at Sapphire Falls the day we plan to go to the parks, can we drop off our luggage early that morning and check in after leaving the parks?

Can we ride the water taxi before officially checking in?

Is early admission to the Parks valid before checking in?

Do they offer checking in via an app like many hotels do?

Thanks so much!
They don't check room keys or ID's to get on the water taxi so there will be no issues there.

I believe you need your room key for early admission.

I'm not aware of an online check-in option.

I often have gotten an email to checkin at Cabana Bay ahead of my arrival. You still need to go to the desk to get your room key cards for early entry. There is a separate, shorter line to do this for those who have already checked in. Yes you can leave your luggage until you come back to your room.

Also, you can check in at the hotel from about 7am (so before your room is ready). You could therefore check in when you drop your bags off.

can we drop off our luggage early that morning and check in after leaving the parks? Yes

Can we ride the water taxi before officially checking in? Yes, anyone can ride the water taxis.

Is early admission to the Parks valid before checking in? Mostly no. You can get in the park early with or without a room key, but just inside the parks, before you get to any rides, they check for your room key.

Do they offer checking in via an app like many hotels do? Yes. You'll get an email a day or so before arriving.

In summary, do the online check in the day before. The morning of, head to the hotel and use the online check in line (which is usually shorter), leave your bags at luggage services, take the water taxi to City Walk, head in the park with early entry, then show your room key to get to the rides that are open during early entry.

I have gotten the “Time to check in“ the day before arrival many times for Cabana Bay but never for Sapphire Falls .
When I asked the guest services said it was random … They can’t give everybody ,early check in …
Anyway I decided to make sure my credit card was correct and saved in my online account information and success for my recent SF early check in Appearing on my phone !
And I had only made the reservation the day before because a great rate popped up ! ($185).
I really was not expecting to get the early checkin .
And my room was ready before noon.
I love Universal !
When is your trip? Hope you have a great visit! And lots of fun

Last edited:

can we drop off our luggage early that morning and check in after leaving the parks? Yes

Can we ride the water taxi before officially checking in? Yes, anyone can ride the water taxis.

Is early admission to the Parks valid before checking in? Mostly no. You can get in the park early with or without a room key, but just inside the parks, before you get to any rides, they check for your room key.

Do they offer checking in via an app like many hotels do? Yes. You'll get an email a day or so before arriving.

In summary, do the online check in the day before. The morning of, head to the hotel and use the online check in line (which is usually shorter), leave your bags at luggage services, take the water taxi to City Walk, head in the park with early entry, then show your room key to get to the rides that are open during early entry.
Thank! We had almost all the same questions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter