Staying @ POP & want to decorate your window?We need someone to Takeover the thread!

monymony3471 said:
How was Sarah's birthday in WDW?
Oh my goodness! It was one non stop birthday party! My parents were also with us for 5 of our 10 days... and my mother's birthday was 9/25. So, they both got their birthday pins from the parks. Sarah wouldn't wear hers until her actual birthday for the most part. But, one cast member did give her one that said Congratulations on it, so she wore that one. On her actual birthday she got to pick the park... she picked MK. (much to my dismay, as I was expecting her to pick EPCOT! Heck, I didn't get enough margaritas the one half day we were there!) We waited in line to get her hair decorated for over 2hours at the barber shop. She was fine with the wait. That was her fourth day at MK and her fourth time getting her hair decorated, but it was her day, so we waited. After that, it was the MNSSHP 9/29 that we didn't get tix for, (we had gone on 9/22) So, we had time to ride like three rides, then we left for our dinner at the GFC. We got changed into the matching dresses and DS got his matching blue mickey luau shirt on, DH forgot to pack his :confused3 (i will never let him pack himself again). I had ordered her the castle cake, so that was special. We also had special cupcakes at H&V, and 1900 Park Faire. I hope to be able to share more later. Desparate housewives is starting... gots to go ;)

Hi there! I'm new here and have a ton of questions! I'm a single parent taking my 12 yo, popcorn:: 10 yo, and 19 yo niece. We will be arriving 12/13 and coming back home to Omaha 12/19. Anyone have some $$ saving tips???? What to do first?

KBR3sComp4Micky! said:
Hi there! I'm new here and have a ton of questions! I'm a single parent taking my 12 yo, popcorn:: 10 yo, and 19 yo niece. We will be arriving 12/13 and coming back home to Omaha 12/19. Anyone have some $$ saving tips???? What to do first?

First, check out the Budget Board. The budget board has a ton of people that will be able to help you!

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Also, the Disney for Families sometimes has some great info too.

Maybe even the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies boards.

Good Luck!!!!

KBR3sComp4Micky! said:

I found a code on mousesavers.com that saved me almost $800.00. It's on here too now.

Hi everyone!!!!

i'm HOMEEEE!!!

I never got a box :(

I'm really bummed about it, since it was my idea and all!! oh well, we had a blast and i'm soooooo glad i bought a HUGE box of decorations myself. Otherwise i would have been a little more upset :teeth:

I will post pics soon! my door got a lot more attention than my window since i had a lot of magnets and stuff!! i forgot to take a pic of my window until DH was already taking it apwart :( sooo the pic i have shows the window no justice :teeth:

When i met Scrappinmom she too had not recieved a box :sad2: so i hope she at least got hers before the end of vacay ::yes::

Oh my gosh!!! That's awful!!! I wonder what happened to your box???

Glad you had a great trip and can't wait to see your pictures!

DMM... I sent you a pm as soon as I returned home re: box #2. I don't know why you didn't receive it, as I left it at the front desk (passing to another dis'er) to pass on to you. I could not find my swap info anywhere, and I was totally stressed out!! That's why I pm'd you as soon as I could, hoping you'd be reading your pm's while at POP. I'm so sorry for the screw up, I don't know what's happened! I even called the other dis'er, leaving your name & check out info on her cell. And, I called her room phone and left a message too, regarding the trade off. I'm a little confused, but hopefully I'll hear soon what happened. :confused3

I'm glad you weren't too worried about not receiving the box, since you had so much of your own stuff. I thought you were bringing/starting another box, and just babysitting box#2 while there. We actually didn't get the box until 3 days into the trip, and had used all of our own decorations on our window too. There was a ton of stuff in it though, I could barely add my items to it & get it closed!

DisneyMommyMichelle said:
Hi everyone!!!!

i'm HOMEEEE!!!

I never got a box :(

I'm really bummed about it, since it was my idea and all!! oh well, we had a blast and i'm soooooo glad i bought a HUGE box of decorations myself. Otherwise i would have been a little more upset :teeth:

I will post pics soon! my door got a lot more attention than my window since i had a lot of magnets and stuff!! i forgot to take a pic of my window until DH was already taking it apwart :( sooo the pic i have shows the window no justice :teeth:

When i met Scrappinmom she too had not recieved a box :sad2: so i hope she at least got hers before the end of vacay ::yes::

WHAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You cannot be serious!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused3 I will be so :furious: if you, of all people, didn't get a box!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have WeLoveDisney's hotel info? If so, I could contact her to see if she received it? I had also pm'd her the day before her trip to let her know what was going on. I gave her the other diser's info/cell # to get in touch with her to get it, just in case you hadn't received it. I know alot of people worry about giving out their personal info., but swapping cell #'s for swaps can really be helpful. It was detrimental in a fridge swap I was in, and I'm so thankful we all had each others cell #'s. Just a thought for future swapper's... :sunny:

::yes:: yup totally serious! did not get a box :sad2: i was all excited telling DH all about it and then BOOM! nothing...

But like i said i brought down a huge box of stuff and was able to make do!!

Alright, it looks like i will have to wait until this group of BOXers gets back to check out if how to fix everything if possible. I did leave some of my stuff in the box for We_Love_Disney to just re-label box 2 in case it disappered or to just spread around in the other boxes, so we will see. :teeth:

LBelle said:
WHAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You cannot be serious!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused3 I will be so :furious: if you, of all people, didn't get a box!!!!!!!!!!

Flame away if you wish...I had no intentions of losing dmm's reservation # (sorry, didn't have that...just the check in name), or the person it was passed to not getting it to her. Try taking your child to Disney by yourself, and BOTH of you being sick while you're there for 10 nights.

alright let's just move on, i don't want this thread of all threads to get bad. it all turned out fine, i had a box that i brought down myself.

Can't wait to hear from Susan and see what she eneded up being able to do.

I will make an attempt to fix all the boxes and hopefull the new box 2 will be able to continue on.

We were in building 7 of the 80s section

it was FAR FAR FAR, but we got LOADS of siggies!!!! i was even RIGHT NEXT DOOR to a DISer!! TinkelGee!!! how cool! i gave her some stuff to decorate her window with too! :teeth: it was soooo fun!!!

DMM -

I just wanted to say Thank You! for starting this! :)

I never even thought about decorating our window before, and it made DD very happy to be able to do our window!

Oh, Michelle... You've worked so hard to pull this together and you've done a fantastic job. Wish I could take you to lunch or something! Glad everything worked out. I'll bet your window and door looked great! You're so resourceful! Can't wait to see your pics!

To those who may appear to have been "less than perfect" - no flames from me! I'm sure you tried your best. Life happens. Hope you had a wonderful trip and are healthy now.

For all the rest of you "window peeps" (DMM term), let's try real hard to pull this back together. Things happen that are out of our control and tho it may feel good to blame someone, it's pointless and unfair unless you've walked in that person's shoes. ;)

The way I see it, the best way to be sure Michelle is rewarded for her good work is to move on and make this work out from here on, even if there are a few bumps in the road now and then.

Okay, I'm stepping OFF the soap box now...Have a good day everyone!

:tink:

:grouphug:

alright i'm printing out the lists now and i will be looking for a way to see how it all turns out from the people that are there right now and then we will go from there ::yes::

:hug:

mousebit said:
Oh, Michelle... You've worked so hard to pull this together and you've done a fantastic job. Wish I could take you to lunch or something! Glad everything worked out. I'll bet your window and door looked great! You're so resourceful! Can't wait to see your pics!

To those who may appear to have been "less than perfect" - no flames from me! I'm sure you tried your best. Life happens. Hope you had a wonderful trip and are healthy now.

For all the rest of you "window peeps" (DMM term), let's try real hard to pull this back together. Things happen that are out of our control and tho it may feel good to blame someone, it's pointless and unfair unless you've walked in that person's shoes. ;)

The way I see it, the best way to be sure Michelle is rewarded for her good work is to move on and make this work out from here on, even if there are a few bumps in the road now and then.

Okay, I'm stepping OFF the soap box now...Have a good day everyone!

:tink:

I absolutely agree!!! Disneyfan551, when I saw your post about PM'ing We Love Disney about the box, I thought "OH NO...the foam cooler that we thought was such a cooool box has fallen apart... :guilty: "
See, anything and everything can go wrong!!!

With all the creativity and good ol fashioned caring in this thread, I am sure that everything will get back on track....

...you see I am dreaming of going back and picking up that box #2 sometime next year! :cheer2:

Stephanie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter