emchen

Let's Discover*!
DVC Gold
After a three-year break from expanding our magical portfolio, 2023 marked the return of add-on-itis. The unveiling of the Villas at Disneyland Hotel (VDH) this May signaled a golden opportunity. Not one to miss out on prime Disney real estate, especially recalling our missed opportunity with VGC in 2009, I knew I had to act swiftly. Disney Wife (DW) gave the nod, fully aware that these points are not just an investment in vacations but also in our family's future.

The strategy was meticulous: two tranches of 150 points, each split into three 50-point contracts. This approach provides flexibility for gifting to my three daughters, simplifying inheritance. Additionally, smaller contracts fetch higher premiums on the resale market—a prudent consideration for long-term planning.

But here's the kicker: the Universe—or perhaps Disney Magic—had another trick up its sleeve. Our June Use Year (UY) was initially a "white card" member number, lacking some direct membership perks. However, by choosing to have the new VDH contracts written for June, we magically converted it into a "blue card," now replete with direct membership benefits. With this maneuver, 2 out of 3 of our UYs now offer full-fledged benefits, turning an already good situation into a great one!

As the clock struck midnight on this new chapter, our DVC portfolio took a magical leap forward. Our point total is now teetering on the brink of 1,000. Hold on to your Mickey ears, folks; this DVC journey is far from over! Step 6.

Full disclosure: ChatGPT-4 helped edit and proof this post for style consistency and readability. Hit 'Like' to see the original draft! Click on links in my signature to journey through our Journey's previous Steps.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter