Stepping out of rides

I understand where your coming from. I have problem with my lower back which give me a problem with lifting my leg up. And then I can't lift myself up. Last time I was there I got on Jungle Cruise it took 5 people to get me off. Even with help it very hard. The Peter pan ride they don't want to stop the walk way it goes a little to fast for me to step up. Haunted Mansion and the Ariel ride they more helpful all you have to do is ask. The Everest ride in Animal Kingdom is good because you don't to step down or step up. The Toy Story ride is good Slinky is ok. The Dinasaur ride it not bad the safari ride in the handicapp area. Sorin in Epicot.

I havent been back in about 2 years due to some other medical problems. But everytime I go back I fine the choice of rides if you have mobility issue become smaller and smaller.
Also rent yourself a scooter that is the only way to get around unless somebody will push you in wheelchair.

As I was reading some of the comments on the rides I don't agree that the are a good option.
The following have step down and step up.
Bid Thunder RR(had a hard time)
Indy Speedway-very low
Test Track-very low
Mexico Boat ride
Frozen Boat ride
Rockin Roller Coaster
Space Mountain

basically any ride in a boat you have step up and down

Tower of Terror request the front row.
Fantasmic Show I would not walk up and down those stairs. I stay up top in my scooter you can see everything from there.
Rapids ride in Animal Kingdom their is step up and down not bad request the handicap boat because you are not going to make on the electric walk way it goes to fast.

Oh, Oh. I hadn't thought about that, but unfortunately it makes sense. But I've learned that a cane does help. I need a cane to get from my ECV to the ride, but I've learned the hard way that even though the CMs usually take my cane once I get in the ride, they DO bring it to me as soon as my ride vehicle returns so I can use the cane to help get out. I wonder what other rides besides Frozen have boats with plexiglass that make it harder/impossible to grab. If I remember, on Pirates there are poles on the landing outside the ride. How about Splash? Any others?
My list above mentioned the ones DH had issues with. Navi was the only other problematic one due to plexiglass. Splash was fine. We didn't do pirates, that one is rare to do because of the ECV policy

As I was reading some of the comments on the rides I don't agree that the are a good option.
The following have step down and step up.
Bid Thunder RR(had a hard time)
Indy Speedway-very low
Test Track-very low
Mexico Boat ride
Frozen Boat ride
Rockin Roller Coaster
Space Mountain

basically any ride in a boat you have step up and down

Tower of Terror request the front row.
Fantasmic Show I would not walk up and down those stairs. I stay up top in my scooter you can see everything from there.
Rapids ride in Animal Kingdom their is step up and down not bad request the handicap boat because you are not going to make on the electric walk way it goes to fast.
Thunder you can ask for the transfer vehicle and the side opens with virtually no step at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter