Steve Erwin Crocodile Hunter Died today

Aww, how very sad!! :sad2: :sad2: Best wishes being sent to his family.

I just read about that too. I was shocked. I mean the guy has done many more dangerous things then that and lived to tell. My prayers will go to his family. :guilty:

My heart goes out to his family, he will surely be missed. RIP :(

I've met him *briefly* twice at events at his zoo on the Sunshine Coast, before my family came back here in 2000. He seemed to be a good guy, even if he was a great steriotypical representation of an Australian.
RIP Steve!

I went SCUBA diving at the Low Isles this year, where it happened. I didn't see any stingrays at all, thank God - they freak me out.

I heard about his death before I came into work. I have been so depressed all day thinking about him and his family. I feel so bad for his wife and kids. I salute you Steve Irwin and all you have done for the environment.

Wow, this is sad, I don't know what all those little kids who enjoy watching his show are going to do when they hear there will be no more crocodile hunter... :sad2:

Wow...this is sad....I know i'm a girl but it was fun to watch his shows :(

Rest In Peace Steve!

Yes very sad. Was watching the news this am and JJ was so excited to see the clips of him. I am surprised that he was killed by a sting ray; a snake bite or croc bite would have seemed more likely. He was very daring and entertaining. I wish his wife, Bindy and Bob the best.

‘Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin killed by stingray!

On 4 September 2006, Irwin was fatally pierced in the heart by a stingray barb, while diving off Queensland's Great Barrier Reef. He had been filming a segment for his daughter Bindi's upcoming television series. Irwin was in the area filming his own documentary, to be called Ocean's Deadliest, but weather had stalled filming. Irwin decided to take the opportunity to film some shallow water shots for his daughter's programme.[22] The BBC reported that this was only the second known fatality in Australian history from a stingray attack,[23] while The Age lists it as the third.[22]

Shortly after 11:00 a.m. local time (01:00 UTC), Irwin was filming off the shores of Low Isles, Queensland, near Port Douglas and north of Cairns (map of that area), where he was stung either through his heart, [24] or through the left side of his chest. [25] After he was stung, emergency services were called from Cairns Rescue Base and met Croc One, Irwin’s rescue vessel at Low Isle on the Great Barrier Reef. The Croc One crew performed constant CPR during the thirty-minute dash to Low Isle. [26] The Queensland Rescue Helicopter responded, taking him to Cairns Base Hospital,[27] where Irwin was pronounced dead on arrival at noon.[28] He was not killed by the sting itself but from a puncture to the heart in turn causing cardiac arrest. The Queensland Police Service notified his family and released a statement for the media concerning his death. News of his death prompted a public outpouring expressing shock and loss. Several Australian news websites went down due to high web traffic [29] and talk-back radio experienced a high volume of callers expressing their grief [30], commemorating his passion and exuberance. Prime Minister John Howard, among many other politicians, expressed his "shock and distress" at the death, saying that "Australia has lost a wonderful and colourful son.” [31] Steve Irwin's body was flown to a morgue in Cairns, where stunned family and friends were gathering on Monday night. His wife Terri was told of her husband's death while on a walking tour in Tasmania, and returned to the Sunshine Coast with their two children.MSN users throughout the world have put a green turtle in front of their MSN nickname as a mark of respect for Steve Irwin.

:sad1: :sad1:

On 4 September 2006, Irwin was fatally pierced in the heart by a stingray barb, while diving off Queensland's Great Barrier Reef. He had been filming a segment for his daughter Bindi's upcoming television series. Irwin was in the area filming his own documentary, to be called Ocean's Deadliest, but weather had stalled filming. Irwin decided to take the opportunity to film some shallow water shots for his daughter's programme.[22] The BBC reported that this was only the second known fatality in Australian history from a stingray attack,[23] while The Age lists it as the third.[22]

Shortly after 11:00 a.m. local time (01:00 UTC), Irwin was filming off the shores of Low Isles, Queensland, near Port Douglas and north of Cairns (map of that area), where he was stung either through his heart, [24] or through the left side of his chest. [25] After he was stung, emergency services were called from Cairns Rescue Base and met Croc One, Irwin’s rescue vessel at Low Isle on the Great Barrier Reef. The Croc One crew performed constant CPR during the thirty-minute dash to Low Isle. [26] The Queensland Rescue Helicopter responded, taking him to Cairns Base Hospital,[27] where Irwin was pronounced dead on arrival at noon.[28] He was not killed by the sting itself but from a puncture to the heart in turn causing cardiac arrest. The Queensland Police Service notified his family and released a statement for the media concerning his death. News of his death prompted a public outpouring expressing shock and loss. Several Australian news websites went down due to high web traffic [29] and talk-back radio experienced a high volume of callers expressing their grief [30], commemorating his passion and exuberance. Prime Minister John Howard, among many other politicians, expressed his "shock and distress" at the death, saying that "Australia has lost a wonderful and colourful son.” [31] Steve Irwin's body was flown to a morgue in Cairns, where stunned family and friends were gathering on Monday night. His wife Terri was told of her husband's death while on a walking tour in Tasmania, and returned to the Sunshine Coast with their two children.MSN users throughout the world have put a green turtle in front of their MSN nickname as a mark of respect for Steve Irwin.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww! I never watched his show that much....But whoah. It goes to show you that you really have to be carefull around animals :( :( :( :( RIP CROCODILE HUNTER!!! CROCKEY MATE!!! :( :( :(

Crikey! I touched a stingray....My mom said " If he was to die then he should have died from a croc "

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter