Steve & Heather's Escape Wedding - May 5, 2016

Oh my goodness I haven’t posted anything in forever, but we are finally under 100 days!!party:

We signed our contract and got Karen Serrette as our coordinator. We have filled out our planning packet and submitted it! The only customization we chose was our bouquets and to have petals sprinkled down the aisle. I submitted a photo for my flowers and hopefully they come back something similar(I would show you guys but photobucket is down right now)! For the cake we had originally chosen the yellow cake with strawberry mousse and fresh strawberries. Since our wedding is outside they said the cake would not hold up with fresh strawberries inside the cake. A little disappointing, but Karen said we could have fresh strawberries served on the side, so that is good enough for me.

For our dessert party we have to meet a $1250 food and beverage minimum at Sago Cay and with only having 13 people total that leaves room to make a good menu! We expect our bar package to be around $30.00 per person and to make our minimum our $1250 that means the food has to be around $65.00 per person. So far we have:

Chocolate covered strawberries

Chocolate mousse

Mini key lime pies

Donald Duck cupcakes

Blueberry cheesecake shooters

Popcorn

$45.00++per person

We are still waiting to here back on how much per person it would be to have coolada chills (Rum-infused pineapples juice served over frozen coconut cream). Depending on how much this comes back we might have to add something. Any ideas?

So far our vendors are:

Officiate: Tim Herring

Photography: Emily Gilbert

Hair and Makeup: M3 Beauty Hair & Makeup Services

Originally, I was going with Patricia Lejune based off many posts on here. My day was available, but we couldn’t work out a good time to do my trial run and still be able to take care of my guests. I also felt the communication with Randy was poor. It took 2 to 3 days to respond to all of my emails and very little information was provided in each email. When I tried calling the salon I never got an answer. So I got frustrated and went back to my favorite disboard and contacted the people she used for her wedding (M3). I was instantly impressed with them. I called first and didn’t get an answer so I started filling out the online form and before I could hit submit they were calling me back even though I didn’t leave a message. They were extremely friendly, informative, and helpful. I had a pricing quote, all my questions answered, and a contract within a day. It will be a little more expensive for my services, but cheaper for my bridal party. Overall, well worth the switch to relieve the frustration. I finally feel comfortable with who will be coming to do our hair and makeup.

We have also got my dress and my bridesmaid’s dresses in and they all look amazing!! The bridesmaid’s dresses came in the perfect shade of blue and by some sort of miracle I don’t have to have my dress altered at all!!

Another exciting note, we have added a day to our trip! The best man and his wife were not able to come the night we had planned on them coming so we used the cost from their extra hotel night to go a day early and spend time with my parents! Now our schedule is roughly:

Monday 5/2

Arrive around 3:30 PM

Check-in to All Star Movies

Dinner at Raglan Road with my parents and brother

Tuesday 5/3

Park day at Hollywood Studios

Lunch at Sci Fi Diner! :Pinkbounc

Steve’s parents arrive in the afternoon

Dinner with both of our parents at Rainforest Café

My bridesmaids will arrive around 9:30PM

Maybe go out for a drink after getting them checked in to All Star Movies

Wednesday 5/4

Hair trial at 9am

Best man and his wife arrive around 12:30

Lunch with all the girls while Steve golfs

Pedicures in the afternoon with all of the girls

Dinner at 6PM at Trattoria al forno

I then go to the Beach Club Villa with my parents and Steve goes back to All Star

I also have big plans to stop at the bakery before walking back to the villa!

Thursday 5/5 WEDDING DAY!

Hair and Makeup to be ready by 12:30PM

Emily and her assistant will arrive at 12PM to capture finishing touches and get some shots in the hotel

2:30PM Ceremony followed by Cake and Champagne Reception

3:30PM Family photos at Sea Breeze Point

4:00PM Newly Wed photos along the Boardwalk while our guests head to the lounge outside Captains Grille for a cocktail and my wonderful parents get us checked into Beach Club for the rest of our stay!

5:30PM Dinner at Captains Grille

7:30PM Boardwalk games with our bridal party

8:00PM Leave for the Grand Floridian for our dessert party!

Friday 5/6

Breakfast at Kona Café with everyone

Park day at Magic Kingdom with our bridal party

Saturday 5/7

Park day at Animal Kingdom and Epcot with Steve

Sunday 5/8

Leave for Jamaica!

That’s all we have so far! I CANT WAIT!!!! :jumping1:

Amazing to hear from my wedding twin! It's so strange to be under the 100 day mark, right?
We arrive at WDW on the 1st - I really hope we see each other! And I'll have to say our itineraries are pretty similar (mani and pedi are booked for the day before as well!).
And Jamaica sounds perfect!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter