Stopped working on BCV after 2 floors now starting Beach Club Resort??

Llama mama

DIS Veteran
So , I just saw a few posts that they are beginning refurbishment of BC resort?
They complete 2 floors pretty quickly on BCV then stop and move onto the resort??
Bummer……
I feel like DVC is pushed aside …

Last edited:
They complete 2 floors pretty quickly on BCV then stop and move onto the resort??
Bummer……
Strange. Very strange.

Maybe an occupancy thing?

BCV is basically always high-90% occupancy but maybe BCR dropped low enough the next few months that they wanted to do some re-arranging of the schedule to take advantage of softer occupancy and minimize the overall impact.

Maybe an occupancy thing?

BCV is basically always high-90% occupancy but maybe BCR dropped low enough the next few months that they wanted to do some re-arranging of the schedule to take advantage of softer occupancy and minimize the overall impact.
from what I’ve heard it’s a supply problem - not occupancy

Last week , the top 2 Boardwalk Resort room entire floors closest to the former ESPN Restaurant ( also under construction for new Cake Shoppe ) had construction workers . They were heavy duty chemical cleaning and spraying the rooftop and all the balconies and all the windows had some type of Notice to possibly alert This room empty . Construction workers were walking in and out of those rooms . And they all looked empty I guess they are painting the interiors.

Hopefully if that is the case it gets resolved quickly and they move BACK to BCV and put the OTHER back on hold! BC should NOT take priority over the villas; the villas were very worn and the "cash' side of the resort should not take priority over the villas.

Disney is always going to prioritize their cash resorts before DVC. Always.

Except in this case, they were prioritizing the DVC resort until there was a supply shortage of something. My guess is it has to be the pull down bed/couch. Since they won't be in the hotel side, they can move over there. Makes sense.

Except in this case, they were prioritizing the DVC resort until there was a supply shortage of something. My guess is it has to be the pull down bed/couch. Since they won't be in the hotel side, they can move over there. Makes sense.
Maybe that is it. I wondered what the deal was with this.

Perhaps, but we pay for those renovations through our dues, so even if that is what they do , it is not right lol! And since they still sell some of our rooms as cash rooms, we still deserve equal treatment at very least- not that it REALLY happens:rolleyes1

I don't think it's a supply issue. Disney is always refurbishing rooms. I doubt they would start work until all materials were on-hand.

My guess is that it's a labor issue. That's pure speculation on my part.

I don't think it's a supply issue. Disney is always refurbishing rooms. I doubt they would start work until all materials were on-hand.
I disagree. that’s a LOT of stuff to put into storage / warehousing as you’re building out hundreds of rooms, a few dozen at a time. I can say with certainty that when they did the All Star renovations they didn’t get everything at once, but rather in chunks as needed. I don’t have specific knowledge of the Beach Club redo but I imagine that they ran out of something and hence the clearly-unplanned-for switch.

My guess is that it's a labor issue. That's pure speculation on my part.

Of course they would. Because they don't want to pay for the space to store a few hundred murphy beds and stoves or have the carrying costs on inventory that they own but aren't using, they have contracted to have materials arrive from their suppliers "just in time" - like most business have run since the 1980s. That can create issues if there is a manufacturing problem (manufacturers also run production "just in time" since inventory costs money) or a problem in shipping (like unusual snowfall or rain or problems with moving things from overseas as we had during Covid).

The labor they use is likely the same on both sides, so its unlikely to be a labor issue if they moved the workforce from one part of the resort to another. Far more likely to be something that they need on the DVC side that isn't there. Beds seems like a good guess, but appliances or any of the soft goods that are different could be the reason for the holdup.

Bummer……
Which floors did they get finished?

I disagree. that’s a LOT of stuff to put into storage / warehousing as you’re building out hundreds of rooms, a few dozen at a time. I can say with certainty that when they did the All Star renovations they didn’t get everything at once, but rather in chunks as needed. I don’t have specific knowledge of the Beach Club redo but I imagine that they ran out of something and hence the clearly-unplanned-for switch.

That's not what they did with Boulder Ridge. There were shipping containers or something like them in the back of the parking lot for storage. MANY shipping containers as in too many to be missed. They 'roped off' the floors they were working on and construction workers were very visible.

Considering this refurb just completed, I can't see Disney changing their method if they can help it.

Have any test room pictures been found yet?

That's not what they did with Boulder Ridge. There were shipping containers or something like them in the back of the parking lot for storage. MANY shipping containers as in too many to be missed. They 'roped off' the floors they were working on and construction workers were very visible.

Considering this refurb just completed, I can't see Disney changing their method if they can help it.

There’s videos of the studio on YouTube and pictures of the 1/2BR in a thread on the DVC resorts board

Isn’t it possible that the supplies were simply delayed and had an arrival date to be there in time so they started but something else happened to delay it further?

So, while they may have been able to eventually have everything for BRV in time to keep things going, that doesn’t mean that wasn’t the plan for BCV but circumstances changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter