Stories that I have about the Boathouse restaurant in Disney Springs

Nickylv

DIS Veteran
The Boathouse in Disney Springs is one of my favorite restaurants. I have eaten there every time we go to DW except for once. The food is consistantly good and the service is great.

One time my wife and I had a reservation and we were running late. We called them to let them know we are still comming but running just a little late, they told us it was no problem just get here safely. When we arrived we stood in a line to the host desk and in front of me stood Pat Sajak host of Wheel of Fortune. He asked the host for a table for 4, the host said that there was a 45 minute wait. He said okay and moved over to his party. While he was speaking to the host I said to my wife “thats Pat Sajak and if he has to wait 45 minutes theres no hope for us” Now next to the host desk we gave our name and apologized for being late and the host said “we’ve been expecting you we are happy you arrived safely. Your table is ready, right this way” she immediately walked us to our table. I looked over at Mr Sajak and thought “sorry Pat”

Oh yeah, and the except for one time that I thought it might be nice to try another restaurant instead of the Boathouse since we do go to DW three or four times a year. We made a reservation at an Italian restaurant close to the boathouse. We were seated out doors and as I looked over there was the sign glowing right in front of my face “Boathouse”. Well needless to say food was not that good and the whole time that sign was glowing right in my face and I was reminded that I did not make a reservation at my favorite restaurant this trip and boy did I regret it. I never did that again. Just went to the Boathouse the other day and excellent food and service again.

Sorry to bore you all but just one more story. When I was about 6 years old in the early 60’s I was sitting in the car with my dad while my mom was shopping in the food store in NYC and I saw this strange car with propellers under the car and I asked my dad “what kind of car is that” and he told me, that car not only can drive on the street but it can also ride on the water like a boat. I never forgot that since I was so amazed that there was such a thing. So the first time I went to the boathouse and to my excitement there was the car I never forgot, and not only one of them but many of them, and you can ride on one in the lake. While I have not done that yet, every time we go my wife says to me lets go on the car but I want to wait until I am with my Grandson and Great Grandson so they can also enjoy this with me. We will be going in September. Please enjoy some of the pictures down below.

Thanks for shring your experiences at The Boathouse.
My husband and I love dining there, and we go every visit to WDW. It is one restaurant we will not miss eating at. The food, service, and atmosphere is all excellent.
It is one of the best and consistant restaurants in Disney, I was sorry that I tried a different restaurant one time. I learned from that mistake:)

e stood in a line to the host desk and in front of me stood Pat Sajak host of Wheel of Fortune. He asked the host for a table for 4, the host said that there was a 45 minute wait. He said okay and moved over to his party. While he was speaking to the host I said to my wife “thats Pat Sajak and if he has to wait 45 minutes theres no hope for us” Now next to the host desk we gave our name and apologized for being late and the host said “we’ve been expecting you we are happy you arrived safely. Your table is ready, right this way” she immediately walked us to our table. I looked over at Mr Sajak and thought “sorry Pat”
Sorry Pat, now you know what it's like to "Lose A Turn" :earboy2: Cool stories, Thanks!

Boathouse is one of my absolute favorites. The staff is incredible. There's just nothing better than sitting by the water on a beautiful night and watching the amphicars. So funny about Pat Sajak but how cool that he doesn't demand special treatment. I believe he lives locally (may have multiple homes but has one here). Hope you have fun in September!!!

We love the Boathouse and look forward to our next visit in August. It's our first time in the August heat so may not tolerate sitting outside, which is a shame as we love watching the amphicars set off. We decided to give one a go ourselves and didn't regret it. A little expensive but Disney is about making memories so why not.

Boathouse is one of my absolute favorites. The staff is incredible. There's just nothing better than sitting by the water on a beautiful night and watching the amphicars. So funny about Pat Sajak but how cool that he doesn't demand special treatment. I believe he lives locally (may have multiple homes but has one here). Hope you have fun in September!!!
Thank you, since we have taken a different approach to vacations we totally enjoy them, it’s the if we wanna do it lets, if we don’t feel like it now, maybe next time we come. No rushing to get everything in, lots of relaxing time. I feel the Boathouse is the best restaurant in all of Disney, we have eaten at almost every one. And Pat was a true gentleman.

We love the Boathouse and look forward to our next visit in August. It's our first time in the August heat so may not tolerate sitting outside, which is a shame as we love watching the amphicars set off. We decided to give one a go ourselves and didn't regret it. A little expensive but Disney is about making memories so why not.
Hope you have a great vacation in August. We just got back from WDW a few days ago, we originally booked there for our whole vacation and we thought about the heat so we decided to go to Disneys Vero beach for the first four days. Had a blast, the remainder of the trip was to spend opening day and a few days after at the newly refurbished rooms at VGF2 and they were beautiful. Of course a stop at the Boathouse was a must.

What are you on the take???😂
What are ya favs and how to get seat by the window? Is it blazing hot from the glass? Trying it in Aug....
Our favorites have failed us...kona...ohana...Plaza..
So looking for new places...we love art smith's too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter