"STORMIN THE BEACH" BCV Owners- and GROUPIES WELCOME HOME !!

Does anyone know specifically what they will be doing to Stormalong Bay when they close for the refurb?

Welcome home, neighbor!! :) owner since 2021 so still fairly new as well!
It looks like we are DVC Twinkies, too, with both of us owning at BCV and VDH. How nice to meet another bi-coastal DVC owner!

Do you have a favorite between Disneyland and Walt Disney World, or do you love them both? We love them both for different reasons and find ourselves switching back and forth every couple of years. It is so hard to choose just one, so now we alternate every other year so that we can enjoy both of them.

We love the Beach Club the most out of all of the WDW resorts and wanted to become owners after the first time we stayed there in 2022. The location next to Epcot with the short walk and the Stormalong Bay pool is the biggest reason we bought there. Being able to walk back to the resort and go swimming during the middle of the day is such a joy. What are the benefits of owning at BCV that made you decide to buy there?

It looks like we are DVC Twinkies, too, with both of us owning at BCV and VDH. How nice to meet another bi-coastal DVC owner!

Do you have a favorite between Disneyland and Walt Disney World, or do you love them both? We love them both for different reasons and find ourselves switching back and forth every couple of years. It is so hard to choose just one, so now we alternate every other year so that we can enjoy both of them.

We love the Beach Club the most out of all of the WDW resorts and wanted to become owners after the first time we stayed there in 2022. The location next to Epcot with the short walk and the Stormalong Bay pool is the biggest reason we bought there. Being able to walk back to the resort and go swimming during the middle of the day is such a joy. What are the benefits of owning at BCV that made you decide to buy there?

How awesome-twins indeed! :)

I’m originally from socal and grew up going to Disneyland so when the new villas opened up it made sense to purchase since we’re over there at least once a year. We’re now in the northeast. I think having the best of both worlds is indeed the best way to go!

When we became owners in 2021 we chose BCV because of the pool and its location to Epcot. The pool is the best and our favorite park is Epcot so it was a no brainer. Plus, we really like the vibe and decor of the resort. After having owned there for a few years, I can tell you that the location really is the best. We’ve been able to enjoy walking over to the bars and restaurants at the boardwalk and love crescent lake. It’s truly magical. It’s also hard to beat the priority booking at 11 months. Since it’s so small, it’s hard to book there and we love not having to worry about getting a studio!

Have you seen the recent renovations? We loved it. The lobby is especially gorgeous now and love the new paint colors. You also can’t forget about the dining there and the fact that we finally have a character breakfast option in the resort again! Overall, no regrets. I’m hopeful that the stormalong bay work in January will give some love to the furniture by the pool as that’s the only thing I’d say needs some attention.

When is your next trip?!

In the experiences of those who have stayed here...which room request is the most common amongst the posters here?

In the experiences of those who have stayed here...which room request is the most common amongst the posters here?
If you’re referring to views, Beach Club doesn’t really have any great views. There are some rooms with bigger balconies but by and large there aren’t any great views from these rooms.

We're studio only on our visits, twice a year since 2022. Always request a higher floor and a non-pool view. Our favorites are 431, 455, 531 and 555. All have large balconies for studios, can see the higher Epcot fireworks and little to no afternoon sun in the heat of the day. I've posted a few pictures of 431 below. I have others if anyone wants to see!IMG_0085.jpegIMG_0072.jpeg

If you’re referring to views, Beach Club doesn’t really have any great views. There are some rooms with bigger balconies but by and large there aren’t any great views from these rooms.

We're studio only on our visits, twice a year since 2022. Always request a higher floor and a non-pool view. Our favorites are 431, 455, 531 and 555. All have large balconies for studios, can see the higher Epcot fireworks and little to no afternoon sun in the heat of the day. I've posted a few pictures of 431 below. I have others if anyone wants to see!View attachment 845407View attachment 845408
Will be staying in a studio. So the non-pool rooms have the bigger balconies and potential chance to "see" the Spaceship Earth? Any positive to the pool views or just request high floor non pool and hope for the best? Thanks for the info

Will be staying in a studio. So the non-pool rooms have the bigger balconies and potential chance to "see" the Spaceship Earth? Any positive to the pool views or just request high floor non pool and hope for the best? Thanks for the info
I would go with high floor non pool view and hope for the best. There are large trees now but you might get a glimpse of Epcot. I think the design of BCV has more larger balconies on the non pool side. I think once you get on the pool side you'll get a standard balcony but can't say that for sure. It's not a big resort so think you'll do fine wherever you end up. Another pic below from 431 [2006]. 17 years later the trees have grown!

Room_431_View2.jpg

I would go with high floor non pool view and hope for the best. There are large trees now but you might get a glimpse of Epcot. I think the design of BCV has more larger balconies on the non pool side. I think once you get on the pool side you'll get a standard balcony but can't say that for sure. It's not a big resort so think you'll do fine wherever you end up. Another pic below from 431 [2006]. 17 years later the trees have grown!

View attachment 845428
I hate that 2006 was 17 years ago when it feels like it was just yesterday! I almost called the pic retro lol. Ok will go with your advice thanks!

How awesome-twins indeed! :)

I’m originally from socal and grew up going to Disneyland so when the new villas opened up it made sense to purchase since we’re over there at least once a year. We’re now in the northeast. I think having the best of both worlds is indeed the best way to go!

When we became owners in 2021 we chose BCV because of the pool and its location to Epcot. The pool is the best and our favorite park is Epcot so it was a no brainer. Plus, we really like the vibe and decor of the resort. After having owned there for a few years, I can tell you that the location really is the best. We’ve been able to enjoy walking over to the bars and restaurants at the boardwalk and love crescent lake. It’s truly magical. It’s also hard to beat the priority booking at 11 months. Since it’s so small, it’s hard to book there and we love not having to worry about getting a studio!

Have you seen the recent renovations? We loved it. The lobby is especially gorgeous now and love the new paint colors. You also can’t forget about the dining there and the fact that we finally have a character breakfast option in the resort again! Overall, no regrets. I’m hopeful that the stormalong bay work in January will give some love to the furniture by the pool as that’s the only thing I’d say needs some attention.

When is your next trip?!
How cool you are from socal. I'm from nocal originally and went to Disneyland a couple of times growing up as well. The nostalgia of being there as a kid is something special that I am glad that I have been able to give to my kids, too.

You echo my sentiments exactly with everything you said about Beach Club. The other part that made us fall in love is the cast members and the service level they achieve. The very first time we stayed there, the manager was at the front desk and was so welcoming. We were in a rush to check in and drop things off in our room and get to our dinner reservation at Cape May. He noticed us when we were coming back through the lobby in a hurry and asked how he could help. I let him know that we were running late and he said "Relax, you are at Beach Club now. We will keep your reservation." Then all of the CMs at Cape May were so amazing as well. When we stayed this year, my daughter was terribly sick the day we were checking out and they showed so much concern for her. Housekeeping even gave us more time before our checkout so that she could rest as much as possible. The people are the biggest reason we love Beach Club!

We are hoping to go back during the holidays of 2025 for a big celebration. We have a tradition of doing what we call "Christmas Adventure" where I surprise the kids throughout the trip with clues of what we are doing or where we are going next. And in 2025 it is going to be our 10th Anniversary for that. It will also be mine and my mom's birthdays to celebrate as well. We plan to go to WDW for 6 days and the new Epic Universe for a couple of days.
We're calling it the "Epic Christmas Adventure!" :mickeyjum :bday:🎄

View attachment 845428
Love the pictures! Do all the studios have a full balcony (instead of dormer) or do I have to add that to my requests?

Love the pictures! Do all the studios have a full balcony (instead of dormer) or do I have to add that to my requests?
All studios and all room types for that matter have balconies. The smallest balcony you can get will accommodate 2 chairs and a small table. First floor rooms will have the patio instead.

Avoid Room 529. One bedroom with incredible elevator noise. Finally slowed down around midnight but resumed at 4:45am (cleaning teams arriving maybe?).

Front desk says zero availability to change to another one bedroom. We're here another five nights. It's our first stay at BCV. Any recommendations on who we can call to be asked for a wait list to switch? Front desk said they didn't have a wait option like that. I understand limited availability but surely someone is checking out daily or soon.

Edit: Spoke with the dvc # and they explained that once you check-in everything is now in the hands of the hotel. So it's just a front desk call at that point. Sharing in case the question comes up for anyone else.

Last edited:
Avoid Room 529. One bedroom with incredible elevator noise. Finally slowed down around midnight but resumed at 4:45am (cleaning teams arriving maybe?).

Front desk says zero availability to change to another one bedroom. We're here another five nights. It's our first stay at BCV. Any recommendations on who we can call to be asked for a wait list to switch? Front desk said they didn't have a wait option like that. I understand limited availability but surely someone is checking out daily or soon.

You called the front desk or went down to speak to them in person? Calling never accomplishes much, but going down in person repeatedly will likely be your best bet. So sorry you’re having this experience on your first stay! 😰

You called the front desk or went down to speak to them in person? Calling never accomplishes much, but going down in person repeatedly will likely be your best bet. So sorry you’re having this experience on your first stay! 😰
Good to know. Thank you! I tried in person at the crack o dawn with no luck. He called the back desk and they said no dice. Will keep walking up and asking when we're back during the day. Fingers crossed!

Edit: Victory! Next cast member was much more helpful. We're getting switched tomorrow. Cast Compliment submitted.

It really is crazy how loud and consistent the whirring and clicking is even several doors down from the elevator. Maybe the motors are overhead this room.

Last edited:

Edit: Spoke with the dvc # and they explained that once you check-in everything is now in the hands of the hotel. So it's just a front desk call at that point. Sharing in case the question comes up for anyone else.
We stayed in Room 329 and weren't bothered by elevator noise there. I sleep through anything, but DH is a light sleeper. Come to think of it, though, he was running the Dopey when we stayed there, so maybe he was extra-tired. Maybe here is elevator noise

We stayed in Room 329 and weren't bothered by elevator noise there. I sleep through anything, but DH is a light sleeper. Come to think of it, though, he was running the Dopey when we stayed there, so maybe he was extra-tired. Maybe here is elevator noise
I think it's related to the motors being immediately overhead of the fifth floor since that's the top level. Two levels down may be enough separation distance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter