• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Straw Changes On Cruise

Interesting twist to the conversation:

Milo Cress, the kid whose numbers started the ban-straw movement, doesn't favor banning straws.
https://mic.com/articles/190451/mil...think-banning-straws-is-the-answer#.anIhDq4j2

He advocates simply asking guests if they want a straw, figuring that would reduce straw waste by 70-80%. It's always good to give people the opportunity to participate positively in reducing waste rather than being told what to do.

This whole conversation has educated me enough, though, to encourage me to simply by my own reusable straws and bring them along. A pouch with a couple of straws and clear will easily fit in my camera bag, and can be left in my Owner's Locker. I just have to figure out if I want metal or silicon, or silicon-tipped metal, or bamboo, or . . .

It's now a fashion thing!

Dirk

On my recent Fantasy Cruise there were no lids at the drink station and I thought the same as some of the previous posters that there would be messes and sticky spills everywhere but I didn’t see one. Perhaps there were spills but they were cleaned up as soon as they happened by the cms always present on deck.

It's slightly different on the Wonder. Deck 9 has straws, but they're all paper. We were only in Cabana's once, and my kids got me my drinks so I didn't get to look there. The bars use paper straws. Dining rooms and room service still use plastic straws.
RED VINES.

Like a hollowed out Twizzler. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter