stroller rental?

sanddune

DIS Veteran
I have a Autistic 7 yr old son. I would like to rent a stroller. He is 64 pounds right now. Do you know of a place that rents theese? Disney strollers are to small now. Thanks!

I have the same problem with my son, who is asthmatic and needs a stroller for the heat. The rentals are not really good for "big" kids, as they have to fold themselves in half or sit with their legs straight out in front of them. I found a Maclaren Volo umbrella stroller at Buy Buy Baby for $59.00 that holds up to 60 lbs, folds easily, is lightweight and comfortable for "bigger kids". Good Luck!
Have Fun!

I don't have the info right now (at work), but I believe A Baby's Best Friend still rents special needs strollers.
You can also go to www.adaptivemall.com (I think that's right) and do a search for special needs strollers to find ones that are made for older kids. For most special needs kids, your doctor would be able to write a prescription that would justify the need for insurance to pay for one.
An additional thing to think about, quite a few people rent a double stroller at the WDW parks to use for a larger child.

About the rented WDW double strollers, we rented one for DD7 12/2004 (about 70+ pounds) and DS4 (under 40 pounds). DD (now 8) is very tall and chubby for her age but it worked out fine. IMHO, the doubles give a lot more space (especially leg room) then the single WDW strollers. It gave her her own space and if things got too much (sensory overload) she could hang out in the stroller and away from people. But they are pricey to rent though. I think it was 15US/day. But there is a 10% discount for a multi day rental.

We will be going back to WDW when DD will be 9 and the way she is growing she will probably much taller and chubbier so I'm not sure what I will do then. I wonder if a WDW double stoller will still be able to accomodate her?She will definately need something to give her seperation from others. The WDW double stroller was a godsend.

Good luck looking into all of these options and have a wonderful trip.
Suzy V.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter