Suggested September Itinerary - How does it sound - Any Suggestions?

mickeycw

Mouseketeer
We are leaving on September 13th for 8 days in WDW and are staying at the Wilderness Lodge....Does anyone have any suggestions for something that I have missed? My husband hasn't been to WDW since '96 and I was there in '96 and also we saw the MK in 2001 with a 2 year old nieces (needless to say we only did two or three rides a day then it was nap time.

We are not traveling with any children.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Michelle

Saturday
11:41 am Arrive in Orlando
Being met at the baggage claim area by Prestige Towncar
Go to MGM Studios
Dinner at the Brown Derby. Fantasmic Dinner Package

Sunday
Breakfast at Whispering Canyon
Morning Magic Kingdom
Lunch @ Teppenyaki (Japan in Epcot) Carriage Ride in Ft. Wilderness then
7:15 pm Hoop-De-Doo Review
Pleasure Island/Disney Quest/Downtown Disney

Monday
Early Entry into Animal Kingdom
10:00 am Breakfast @ Rainforest Café.
Afternoon Typhoon Lagoon ?
Dinner @ Le Cellier
See Epcot Illuminations

Tuesday
Breakfast @ 1900 Park Fare
Morning Magic Kingdom
Lunch @ Alfredo's
Afternoon - Typhoon Lagoon ?
8:00 pm Dinner Show – Spirit of Aloha
Pleasure Island/Downtown Disney/Disney Quest

Wednesday
Breakfast @ Whispering Canyon
9:45 am Parasailing at the Contemporary
Lunch at the San Angel Inn
Afternoon - Epcot
Early Dinner @ Cinderella's Royal Table

Thursday
Breakfast @ Crystal Palace
Morning at Magic Kingdon
Late Afternoon Downtown Disney / Typhoon Lagoon ?
Dinner @ Fulton's Crab House
9:00 pm Circ de Soleil
After show - Pleasure Island/Downtown Disney/Disney Quest

Friday
Breakfast @ Kona's Cafe
Morning ? - willwe need MGM again or is 4 hours enough?
Lunch ?
Afternoon Magic Kingdom or a water park ?
Dinner at the Concourse Steakhouse or Boma's - which is better? Pleasure Island/Disney Quest/Downtown Disney

Saturday, September 20th
Breakfast at Kona's Cafe
2:40 pm Lunch at Whispering Canyon
4:15 pm Prestige Towncar to pick us up from the hotel

Hiya!
First... <B> WELCOME to the DIS Boards!!:teeth: </B>

I was looking at your schedule and I am concerned about the amount of bouncing you are doing from place to place, park to park.

It usually takes at least a half an hour to get from one park to another. Usually when we go to the parks we split the days between two parks, one in the morning and one in the evening.

Here's some of my suggestions:

Sunday
Morning Magic Kingdom
Lunch @ Teppenyaki (Japan in Epcot) Carriage Ride in Ft. Wilderness then
7:15 pm Hoop-De-Doo Review
Pleasure Island/Disney Quest/Downtown Disney
Since you are not doing early entry at MK this day, I would just go to Epcot after breakfast... and then after lunch I would go to Magic Kingdom. Which is just a short boat ride away from the Hoop-De-Doo Review.

Monday
Early Entry into Animal Kingdom
10:00 am Breakfast @ Rainforest Café.
Afternoon Typhoon Lagoon ?
Dinner @ Le Cellier
See Epcot Illuminations
For this day, I would drop breakfast at Rainforest Cafe and just grab breakfast at Roaring Forks at WL. Otherwise you will be way inside AK and then be trying to run back to the gate for breakfast.
I would eat lunch at AK and then catch the Bus to Wilderness Lodge relax by the pool a bit and then go to Epcot for dinner and Illuminations.

Tuesday
Breakfast @ 1900 Park Fare
Morning Magic Kingdom
Lunch @ Alfredo's
Afternoon - Typhoon Lagoon ?
8:00 pm Dinner Show – Spirit of Aloha
There is a lot of food here. I would drop the lunch at Alfredo's and just go to Typhoon Lagoon in the Afternoon after you are done at MK.

Wednesday
Breakfast @ Whispering Canyon
9:45 am Parasailing at the Contemporary
Lunch at the San Angel Inn
Afternoon - Epcot
Early Dinner @ Cinderella's Royal Table
Again there is a lot of food here.
I don't think I would eat breakfast at Whispering Canyon for two reasons. One, I don't think I would want to eat that much before Parasailing and two, it would take too much time. I would eat at Roaring Forks instead.
I think I would not go to Epcot here, I would go to MGM to go on the rides and shows you missed the first day and then come back to MK for dinner.

Thursday
Breakfast @ Crystal Palace
Morning at Magic Kingdon
Late Afternoon Downtown Disney / Typhoon Lagoon ?
Dinner @ Fulton's Crab House
9:00 pm Circ de Soleil
After show - Pleasure Island/Downtown Disney/Disney Quest
Thursday looks fine.

Friday
Breakfast @ Kona's Cafe
Morning ? - willwe need MGM again or is 4 hours enough?
Lunch ?
Afternoon Magic Kingdom or a water park ?
Dinner at the Concourse Steakhouse or Boma's - which is better? Pleasure Island/Disney Quest/Downtown Disney
Since I took you to MGM on Wednesday, I would use Friday as "I really liked that ride, Lets go do it again!" day.
And for Dinner, I'm a Boma fan! :)

I hope this helps! As with all things this is my opinion... Your miliage may vary. :teeth:

Have a good trip!
Cindy in NY

I agree with the concern that you are bouncing around a lot. We found we didn't make some of the PS's when we weren't already at or near the PS location.

Keep a close eye on the Extra Magic Hour. Unless you are going to be at MK at 8:00 on Sunday, go somewhere else that morning. EMH parks get more crowded.

You have several trips to Downtown Disney/Disney Quest/Pleasure Island. You might want to visit the Boardwalk one night instead. They have some nice restaurants there as well. (We loved Spoodles). My 13 year-old found DisneyQuest pretty boring.

When i first read your itinerary..i went ohhhh...to much back and forth from on place to another...i agree with CINDYk...you'll still be able to do everything you want just not so much....bouncing :Pinkbounc

For this day, I would drop breakfast at Rainforest Cafe and just grab breakfast at Roaring Forks at WL. Otherwise you will be way inside AK and then be trying to run back to the gate for breakfast

I agree with this statement as well as the bouncing around ones. I would work a break into each day, your schedule is very ambitious. You are staying at a hotel many people love and enjoy soaking in the theme of it. I love the boat ride over to WL - it's the best view of the place.

I guess if I were to make any other suggestions other than the great ones already made I'd say - slow down a bit!

Factor in the fact that RockNRollercoaster is in rehab from the 6-16. You definitely want to ride this attraction.

We (my 2 cousins and I) went one year on what used to be the Food and Fun Plan. Basically you pay upfront for your food and then just gorge your way through WDW. So we ate all three meals and had PS's every day, every meal. We found ourselves tied to our ressies. Although we cancelled and changed a few, it was daunting by the end of the week. I also gained 10 lbs that week.

Cindy_k's suggestions seem spot on. But I also have some alternative itinerary just for you to have some different opinions:

Saturday: keep the same

Sunday:
EPCOT
Lunch at Teppanyaki
Carriage ride at FW
Hoop Dee Doo
PI/DQ/DTD

I put EPCOT here because during the off season, the MK seems to be busier on the weekends. More locals go to the MK on the weekend. EPCOT has special programs with schools during the off season, so it tends to be busier during the week.

Monday
Breakfast Roaring Forks
Typhoon Lagoon
Lunch at TL
Come back to WL/Rest
EPCOT
Dinner at Le Cellier
Illuminations

The reason I would do Typhoon Lagoon in the AM is afternoon thunderstorms. If there is any lightning then they shut the park down. You can almost guarantee some rain in the PM and why chance it. Also, you have now done EPCOT and may now only need to return to see things again or eat dinner.

Tuesday
Breakfast at Park Fare
Magic Kingdom
Late Lunch at CRT
Back to Resort/Water Mouse
Spirit of Aloha at 8pm
Boardwalk Jellyrolls

I also dropped Alfredo's which I have heard from more than a few friends that it isn't that good. I added Cindy's here since you will be at the MK. I also suggest you try the Water Mouse small "power" boats. We rented them for an hour when we stayed last year at WL. They were a blast. Also Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk has dueling pianos and Tuesday night is Cast Member night and it is fun....Just some thoughts

Wednesday
Light Breakfast
Parasailing
Animal Kingdom
Boma for dinner
DTD/PI/DQ

I switched AK here as it seems you only wanted to spend a half day here. It looks like you were interested in Boma. So I put that for dinner. You can look around this beautiful hotel after dinner and then head to DTD directly from the AKL.

Thursday
Breakfast at Crystal Palace
Morning at MK
Afternoon open
Dinner at Fulton's
Cirque at 9
PI/DQ/DTD

Thursday looks like a long day. So instead of planning something in the afternoon, I left it open. This way you can relax in the afternoon and then party all night. Thursday is CM night at PI and one of the busier nights of the week. More energy....

Friday
Kona Cafe Breakfast
Water Park morning
Catch up day in the afternoon/evening
Dinner ???
PI/DQ/DTD

Friday is good water park day. As Cindy said it is also a good let's do this again day. Since you are not leaving til 4pm on Saturday, you can also use Saturday as a catch up day.

Hope this assists you in firming up your itinerary. Be flexible and know that your itinerary may change once you are at WDW

The Brown Derby closes on September 14th....we're going on the 13th so we should be all set.

It does seem like we have alot of food in the itinerary but we have all of our meals paid for under one of the meal plans so we want to at least take advantage of some of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter