Suggested strategy for arrival afternoon

Canadian Harmony

DIS Veteran
The last time we went to Universal (California though), it was like I had lost my marbles and had never stepped foot inside a park before. This time, I aim to go prepared!

We're staying at Dockside and arrive into MCO around 2:30/3 (depending on when Delta finalizes our flight). I have the bus set up (which will need to be modified... maybe...) to get us from MCO to the hotel. After that, I believe our first park is Adventure. We have express passes for the duration of our trip, and we're doing the semi-private tour the next day. We're a family of 4, with two teenagers who are thrill seekers and a spouse who is only there for the corn dogs :tiptoe:.

What would be your afternoon strategy after bags are dropped and we've made our way into the park (by... shuttle bus?)?

it’s been taking longer than usual to get luggage at MCO. In lieu of the bus, have you considered uber or lynx? If so, make sure to order large enough vehicle for all of you and luggage. always nice to book towncar service, most offer a quick stop to pick up water/etc.

Depending on how things flow for you on the day of travel, may not be at the park until 5:30 - 6 pm. How late is IoA open that day? not sure I’d want to use an individual park ticket for a couple of hours.

Since the kids are thrill seekers, I’d prioritize Hulk, squeeze in Spider-Man, then jump into line for Velocicoaster before close. Easy enough to go from one to another, no need to cross cross the park, head to your left when you get to the lake and just keep strolling back into the park.

enjoy your first trip!

Just get the app and see which rides have lower wait times, as means your express line will be that much faster. I’d try for Hagrid’s towards end of night, and usually the Dino ride has much lower waits. Probably just go to IOA, as stays open longer than the Studios.

On my trip last year, we got to the hotel around 1ish, got the room, ate lunch at the hotel, then went to studios (IOA had early entry for our whole trip so we saved that for our first full day). We had 3.5 park days (with another day for volcano bay) so our plan was go to studios and do diagon alley and hop the train to hogwarts. On the way over we would do anything on the way that had a minimal wait. Transformers was basically a walk on and gringotts had a minimal wait. So we did that, spent a little time in the shops, then took the train over and basically did the same thing in IOA. Only did things with a minimal wait on the first day. Didn’t want to do too much since we had a 6am flight getting there and we had 3 full days for the 2 parks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter