Suggestions for sharing a room with a *SNOR-ER*???

For those posters that said a white noise machine

For years we would tote around a white noise machine with us...until we found a couple of other things.

:banana::banana:
- my husband found an application for his ipod. I think he got it through itunes and its white noise... they had others like heartbeats, etc. Now we just bring the cord to the ipod and play it from the outlet...

-before we found the itunes download we would put the clock radio on a static station...sounded just like white noise to us.

I am traveling with my aunt in early April and can she snore! I'm planning on bringing the ipod & earplugs just incase.. & maybe some benadryl for me:laughing:

Earplugs and an ipod. Or, you could go my route. My dad snores like a banchee and sleeping on the opposite side of the room with my ipod didnt help... so desperate times called for desperate measures...

I slept in the bathtub. I grabbed my pillow and the comforter and slept in there. My dad came in when he woke up and recorded me sleeping in there. It's a running joke in the family now... my body didn't find it too funny.

After reading all the positive comments about Puresleep mouthguard, I tried to order one, but you have to fill out a questionnaire. One of the questions was "have you had an implant in the last year", so I had to say yes. They will not sell me one. We aren't going to WDW until Sept, but I wanted to have it several months before so I could work through the pain. I guess I'll ask my dentist about it. I've read that dentist sell them also but they cost a lot more than the $60 online....bummer!
I can't imagine why an implant would make a difference. If the tooth/implant is strong enough to chew on, it should be strong enough to support a plastic device just resting in my mouth!

After reading all the positive comments about Puresleep mouthguard, I tried to order one, but you have to fill out a questionnaire. One of the questions was "have you had an implant in the last year", so I had to say yes. They will not sell me one. We aren't going to WDW until Sept, but I wanted to have it several months before so I could work through the pain. I guess I'll ask my dentist about it. I've read that dentist sell them also but they cost a lot more than the $60 online....bummer!
I can't imagine why an implant would make a difference. If the tooth/implant is strong enough to chew on, it should be strong enough to support a plastic device just resting in my mouth!

The mouthpiece is actually holding your jaw out of alignment with your lower jaw pulled forward when you imprint the heated piece. It does put a lot of pressure on your teeth, jaw and probably your gums to hold it there all night, that is why most people report the aches and pains of getting used to it. I would assume that they want your implant to have had a full year to heal and secure itself in place so that it does not get pulled out of alignment itself - pretty sure it would be a liability issue for them. Definitely talk to your dentist.

A few people have mentioned puresleep. I have used this when I go away with my son so my snoring doesn't keep him awake. I never had the jaw soreness some have mentioned. When you fit it you don't have to have your lower jaw that far forward. What happens with me is that without it when I fall asleep my lower jaw relaxes back and that contributes to blocking the airway. The puresleep keeps my jaw in place and my mouth closed so my mouth doesn't open and jaw falls back to block the airway. The only problem I ever have is some minor tooth soreness when I wake up and it doesn't last more than an hour. The web site is www.puresleep.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter