Summer 2023 release date?

Anyone thinking of Alaska? My son will be three by July of next year - I would love to do an Alaska cruise, or would you wait?

Anyone thinking of Alaska? My son will be three by July of next year - I would love to do an Alaska cruise, or would you wait?
I would wait. My daughter was 8 when we went and I think it was a great age. I would love to go back with her in a few years (she is 13 now) so can enjoy it from a different perspective.

We have done Alaska several times. As adults, it was a wonderful cruise. A little more difficult for young ones since they can't do a lot of excursions and it is cold to swim. That being said, we are going to try it would our grandchildren this summer, ages 1 and 4.

My latest dream is to do a one way Atlantic cruise from the US and then do one to come back. Ha gives me something to dream about!

Has anyone actually spoken with a representative to ask when they will come out?
MSC is gradually releasing theirs, so Disney is officially the last cruise company to not have a summer 2023 program out!

Has anyone actually spoken with a representative to ask when they will come out?
No, there's no point. The reps don't know. Even if they did, they wouldn't tell. And even if they did tell, it's not like knowing the date the itineraries will drop changes much.

We'll all know when Disney decides they are good and ready for us to know and all we can do is be patient. (Which is getting HARD.)

Disney needs to update their systems and general marketing campaign.
They lose customers with these delays, not informing their agents about announcements and them having system errors for weeks.

Disney needs to update their systems and general marketing campaign.
They lose customers with these delays, not informing their agents about announcements and them having system errors for weeks.

I think there are more customers wanting to sail on DCL than they have cabins for, at least for the summer season anyway. I doubt they will lose any sleep over impatient customers booking other cruise lines instead of waiting.

LAX

I think 2022 is different because of COVID. We are all hoping that 2023 gets back to normal and if that happens, DCL will fill up, especially with pent up demand.

I personally think they are waiting to get through the system issues and to solidify their plans.

I keep hearing about pent up demand but it's been discovered that the low numbers on sailings aren't due to disney restricting head count.

demand can't be pent up when the boat headcount are down.

I think there are more customers wanting to sail on DCL than they have cabins for, at least for the summer season anyway. I doubt they will lose any sleep over impatient customers booking other cruise lines instead of waiting.

LAX
Huh? Demand is low. I expect to see lots of GT, MTO and other travel industry discounts. Next Summer will be in a recession so who knows.

I think 2022 is different because of COVID. We are all hoping that 2023 gets back to normal and if that happens, DCL will fill up, especially with pent up demand.

I personally think they are waiting to get through the system issues and to solidify their plans.
Out-of-control inflation, war, food shortages, energy costs, the coming recession, and that's just the good stuff. I'm not thinking 2023 is going to be a stellar year for anybody, especially the cruise industry.

Wow and why I don't see any sold out cruise then?
Huh? Demand is low. I expect to see lots of GT, MTO and other travel industry discounts. Next Summer will be in a recession so who knows.

I am not smart enough to predict what happens to the economy next year. I was merely pointing out that DCL only has 5 ships to fill and there are plenty of cruisers willing to fork over pretty much whatever DCL charges in a typical year. DCL has been charging a premium for many of its cruises and usually don't have trouble filling most of them.

LAX

I am not smart enough to predict what happens to the economy next year. I was merely pointing out that DCL only has 5 ships to fill and there are plenty of cruisers willing to fork over pretty much whatever DCL charges in a typical year. DCL has been charging a premium for many of its cruises and usually don't have trouble filling most of them.

LAX

?

they aren't filling them....

I keep hearing about pent up demand but it's been discovered that the low numbers on sailings aren't due to disney restricting head count.

demand can't be pent up when the boat headcount are down.
There's pent up travel demand in general but people aren't eager to cruise. I think to get there, the industry needs to 1) ditch masks entirely, 2) stop testing vaccinated passengers, 3) stop treating four year olds like lepers.

There's pent up travel demand in general but people aren't eager to cruise. I think to get there, the industry needs to 1) ditch masks entirely, 2) stop testing vaccinated passengers, 3) stop treating four year olds like lepers.

I'm pro mask tbh. I like not getting 8 million colds a year. I am probably a masker for life at this point.

with you on 2 and 3 though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter