Summer Travel

2China2009

Mouseketeer
Looking for idea’s for summer travel. We live in Nebraska. Not going to fly. I am willing to drive 8-10 hrs in any direction. Kids are 12&16. Would possibly like to have some water access. Not really into amusement parks. Could do some sightseeing. Enjoy shopping and dining out. TIA for idea’s.

My favorite go to city is New York!
Amazing place to see the sites, eat great food and see a play or two.

My favorite go to city is New York!
Amazing place to see the sites, eat great food and see a play or two.
It is almost 1500 miles from Nebraska to NYC. Doesn’t fit into a 10-12 hour drive.

Sun Valley is a bit longer 14 hrs but could be an option

Yellowstone, Blackhills area, and the Badlands. There are 4 scenic byways around Cody, Wyoming. We took one on our last trip, the Chief Joseph byway I think, and the scenery was stunning. So much to do on a trip there!

Depending on where in Nebraska you are this might be too far, but we loved Jackson Hole, WY. Cute city, great food, and the immensely beautiful Grand Teton NP.

How about a trip to South Dakota to see the Badlands, Mount Rushmore, etc? We had planned to rent an RV and do this type of trip a few years ago but it fell through. We hope to do it next year!

Are you close enough to Colorado or Utah to drive? So many amazing natural wonders in those two states.

Boundary Waters Canoe Area in Minnesota near the Canadian border, if fam is into wilderness adventures? And I second South Dakota/Wyoming, if they're into history and unique scenery. We went through there last year en route to Montana and loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter