Summer's Planning Journal 08/20 Update 08/10/07

meryll83 - No problem!

I am doing most of my purchases online and I always check the UK and the US before I make my final decision. With the great exchange rate at the moment I have found loads of things much cheaper in the States, even with the postage. I am enjoying doing the shopping online anyway, so it doesn't bother me at all.
You are correct, the necklace is the Evenstar from LOTR. I think it is beautiful and it has special meaning to me and my DF.
I am taking my dress as hand luggage hopefully, apparently you can ask them if they will let you hang it up on the plane, but I will try and get this confirmed. I really don't want to put it in a suitcase, just incase my luggage goes walkabouts!!

Those gloves are wonderful! I would've never though of fingerless gloves -what a great idea! :thumbsup2

I love shopping online, you'll have to let me know of any sites you find that prove to be the best value!

I'm hoping to be going through this process in a year or two's time :love: , so I'm following your planning with great interest as a fellow UKer.....

i think it all depends on who you are flying with as some of the airlines wont let you hang it up. most of them say carry it in your hand luggage and make sure it goes in the overhead bins- I used to work for virgin atlantic last year so had to tell alot of brides this info

I have booked some of my ADR's :banana: :banana:

So far this is what I have:

Aug 16th O'Hana's 19.05
Aug 17th Citricos 13.00 and V & A 18.30 (Chef's Menu)
Aug 18th Les Chefs De France 12.00 and Le Cellier 18.30
Aug 19th Kona Cafe 09.00 and Kona Cafe 18.05
Aug 20th Coral Reef 18.30
Aug 21st Boma 19.30
Aug 22nd Chef Mickeys 09.00 and California Grill 20.00
Aug 23rd Kona Cafe 20.00
Aug 24th Boma 08.00

I'll be at Coral Reef on the 20th an hour after you :rotfl:

Tiggerific04 - How cool is that? I'm hoping to change my ADR to a later seating though. That is the day we go to Seaworld and I originally planned to go to Coral Reef at 20.30 but 18.30 was all they had left. I'm calling tomorrow to see if I can change it.

Okay so I managed to do quite alot yesterday.

I have ordered my shoes, hair pins, gloves and lingerie:rolleyes1 from shopforbridal. It feels great to get that out of the way. The shoes over here are so expensive, I think I saved over £250 ($500) just getting them from the States. I only had to pay $22 postage, might have to pay customs or something, but it's definately worth it. Nothing I ordered is that bulky or heavy so hopefully I'll be fine.:cheer2:

I have also ordered our 7 day Universal Studio and Islands of Adventure Tickets, we intend to go after we come back from our cruise:cloud9:

I have also booked us Dolphin Swim all inclusive packages at Discovery Cove on September 4th.:love: Steven is not too sure whether he wants to swim with dolphins/rays or brightly colored fishes but I'm hoping that when he gets there he may decide otherwise. I on the otherhand, CANNOT wait to do this, I absolutely love this kind of thing but Steven doesn't like the idea of not knowing what's behind you or fish being right in your face:rotfl: I think he feels it's kinda icky! I'll convince him otherwise though. With these tickets we have purchased Seaworld and Busch Gardens passes for 14 days.

We are also considering going to Cirque de Soleil, so I am looking into that at the moment.

You are a busy little bee!

He WILL be converted when you get to DC, I was a bit tentative about all the fish being so close and slimy and whatever :lmao: but it was soooooo much fun, it was really cool being able to be that close! He'll be glad you went.

Here is a pic of a dress with a sash that I have fallen in love with. As most of you know I am thinking of adding a sash to my dress, so I thought I'd better look for one. Bear in mind my dress is also white, not deep ivory as my previous picture shows. I also really love the color of the sash, and with my black hair, I think it would go really well. What do you guys think?

weddingdresswithsash.jpg

This is pretty.
You'll have to see if you can try it out somehow on your dress.

Try Photoshop :thumbsup2

summer- I am trying to buy some things from that shopforbridal as my bridesmaid dresses are VERy cheap on there but I cant recalculate to change the shipping can you help??

It is best if you sign up to the website and put in your address in the account settings. When you go to the checkout, it should give you the option of chnging shipping to global priority shipping (this is the only option for overseas shipping) I think I only paid $22.00 for shipping.

thanks its sorted it now, £165 for two dessy bridesmaid dresses and shipping! thats so cheap I was quoted £180 each hear!!

Thanks for that great find

As some of you may have seen I posted a thread on songs to be played during the ceremony. I was a bit confused as to whether these were played by the violinist or played on a boom box or something of the like.
Anyway I spent alot of yesterday searching the internet for songs, so far I have decided on the following:

Precessional: Vivaldi Four Seasons (Spring)
Groom:?
Bridal Party (my mom): Canon in D
Bride: When You Wish Upon a Star
Recessional: ?

I am struggling to find any songs for my DF. He will get final say, of course, but he, unlike me, will not be willing to listen to loads of snippets of classical music:lmao: I am hoping that I may be able to narrow down selections for him, and we were thinking of having a Disney song for him, as I am having 'When You Wish Upon a Star' Can anyone suggest something that may be appropriate?
As for the recessional we also want something Classical as the rest of the songs are, also if anyone can suggest something that would fit with 'Canon in D' and Vivaldi?, that would be great.

On another topic, I emailed Coral Reef and I have organised a diver to hold up a sign, wishing us Happy Honeymoon. They are also personalising our menus with pics of us and a special message from me, I'm so excited:cheer2: A little bit of pixie dust for himpixiedust:

I have also definately decided on having a commemorative calla lily for my father placed in an empty chair, I think this would be a really nice touch.

think it all sounds great love the diver idea and the lily for your dad will be a lovely touch

Having an empty chair with a flower is a great touch! We're doing the same for DF's Mother. They even said if we have the 18 guests they would add an extra chair as long as it's for a memorial.

I really like the sash with the dress. I also like the flower with the empty chair. I like that it is a small simple way of remembering him, and not an over-the-top memorial.

You said earlier that you are thinking of going to Cirque Du Soleil. I am a huge fan of Cirque, and have seen La Nouba 3 times. I swear you cannot see everything the first time. The music is awesome, the costumes are fantastic, and the acts are pretty cool. I will admit there are better Cirque shows out there, but this one is good too. I highly recommend it. I give it two thumps up :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 !

I really like the sash with the dress. I also like the flower with the empty chair. I like that it is a small simple way of remembering him, and not an over-the-top memorial.

You said earlier that you are thinking of going to Cirque Du Soleil. I am a huge fan of Cirque, and have seen La Nouba 3 times. I swear you cannot see everything the first time. The music is awesome, the costumes are fantastic, and the acts are pretty cool. I will admit there are better Cirque shows out there, but this one is good too. I highly recommend it. I give it two thumps up :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 !

Do you really think the sash with the dress I have bought will go? No one has really mentioned it and I am concerned that it's not right. I have always been drawn to dresses with a sash, and I love the contrast of black on white. Plus on the dress I have there is a line between the corset and the dress, that I'm not fond of, the sash would cover this up. I'm thinking, of just having a sash at the front, as I don't want it to cover up the corset at the back.

As for Cirque, I'm undecided, it's really expensive and we really want to see Blue Man Group at Universal. We saw them in Vegas and they were brilliant! I may have to look at my finances again.

No, not yet. He emailed me and sent his apologies for not finding pictures sooner. He said next time he gets a break, he will have a look for me. I know he doesn't get much of a break, so I totally understand.
I did post a thread asking if people may be willing to share some pics of them in their wedding gear at night, but haven't had any responses, other than one from you;)
I really want to see some examples of pics from someone as I don't want to book for no reason:flower3:

I was just looking at the 3 dresses you had your eye on and number two had a sash but it stopped at the back so you could see the lace up back, why dont you see if a dress maker can amend you one to have a sash like this one, i think you dress will look stunning with a black sash

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter