Sunblock

Wishing on a star

DIS Veteran
Have read a few post about people getting sunburned. Ouch!! DH and I are both fair, and burn easily, but never with a good sunscreen on. :sunny:

I notice in a couple of recent posts that Coppertone products were mentioned. I personally have never liked Coppertone. And, I think most of their lotions smell yucky too!

DH uses a wonderful Panama Jack Original unscented lotion (he doesn't want to smell like coconuts or flowers, especially when he wears it at work!!) It is not sticky or tacky at all... And, I have also used some excellent Banana Boat and Hawaiian Tropic sunscreens as well.

So, which sunscreens do you like!! :smooth:

Hawaiian Tropics. I do like smelling like a coconut though! Everytime I smell Hawaiin Tropics it reminds me of Florida and WDW. Right now I am trying to decide whether to buy some of that Sea Save for our cruise in May. I hear that it is like rubbing glue on your skin. But I really don't want to get sea lice.

Just got back from the 7 day Magic and applied and reapplied spf 50...Sea & Ski for the face but used it all over. I still got some color on Casaway Cay but at least did not burn to a crisp.
I used spf 25 last year and still burned!

Be very careful if you are fair skinned and burn!

I always go to tanning prior to a cruise. In fact I start on Monday. It takes me an entire month of 6 mins in the booth to have the slightest base tan. If I did not do this I would fry with the highest sun block on. A lot of people are against tanning but it truly saves me from a great deal of pain

No flames here!

I agree that too much sun is bad-bad-bad.... In fact, on top of the well known risks, I have a condition that can flare with too much exposure. But, that doesn't mean I am not going out and having a great time on a cruise!

Having a safe tan (small amounts of sunning with sunscreen) has always been better than being burned to a crisp, for me anyhow!

I like Bull frog quik gel 36. It dries almost instantly, so even though it smells like alcohol for a few minutes, it doesn't run into your eyes. I have oily skin, especially on my face, so it's great for me! My contact lenses sometimes bother me if I use a lotion & then sweat. Icky, but true :)

At Castaway Cay we put on sun block before we got off the ship and then reapplied after an hour. I don't think we needed it, but the sun felt so hot and my 2 year old is so fair that I didn't want to take a chance. By that time we were sleepy & the water was crowded so we relaxed in the shade until lunch. DS napped & DH & I drank konk koolers :teeth:

I discovered while looking for sunscreens that they are taken off the shelf for winter in our stores. I went to drugstore.com and found a huge selection! If anyone else forgot to stock up for a winter cruise, that is a good place to find some.

I get them fromt he baby department. They are a towelette with like 40 sunscreen on it. You throw it in your purse or day bag and can reapply easilly on excursions.

If you can't find sunblock at home because it's a seasonal item, you can get it once you get to Florida. If you have your own transportation, you'll have plenty of selection at Publix, Target, or Ron Jon Surf Shop.

I bought a big tube of 48 while it was still on the shelves. Tried finding an after sun and cant find any sun products now. Glad I got the 48 when I did

I used Hawaiian Tropic on my cruise and plan to again on my next cruise. I'm very fair skinned and burn easily. The only time I got burned was on Castaway cay and it was my fault. I could tell the burn was just around the edge of my bathing suit....I obviously missed that area. I've learned the apply the sunblock a little under the bathing suit to avoid that situation.

A couple of years ago I was using Coppertone on the beach in Clearwater, FL. Even after several applications throughout the day, I ended up with sun poisoning. I won't be using Coppertone any time soon.:rolleyes:

As a blond - blue eyed girl, I burn to a crisp. I like water babies - highest I can find and Sea and Ski no-oil formula. i use the sea and ski on my face and water babies everywhere else.

p.s. don't forget to do under the straps on your back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter