Superbowl Sunday...Busy?

Sneezy63

Mouseketeer
We were thinking of going to Disneyland this Sunday....(2/5). Does anyone know if Superbowl Sunday is usually a crowded or not-so-crowded day?

Sneezy63 said:
We were thinking of going to Disneyland this Sunday....(2/5). Does anyone know if Superbowl Sunday is usually a crowded or not-so-crowded day?

not at all..its the perfect time to go... :banana: when I go on Superbowl Sunday I usually can ride most rides 2 or 3 times back to back without even having to get out of my buggy

disneegrl4eva said:
not at all..its the perfect time to go... :banana: when I go on Superbowl Sunday I usually can ride most rides 2 or 3 times back to back without even having to get out of my buggy

Thanks Lynn! I figured it would be a good time, but wanted to check with "the experts" first! :)

Actually, from what i've read in the search engines here and at micechat.com, it seems superbowl sunday for the past 10 years or so has been busier than the average sunday. I hope that it's not this year though, because I'll be at DL for the first time ever and for one day only this Sunday!! So for both our sakes, I hope it is sloooowwww! :goodvibes

However, I would stay away from ESPNZone in DTD as it's one of their busiest days of the year.

JoyG said:
Actually, from what i've read in the search engines here and at micechat.com, it seems superbowl sunday for the past 10 years or so has been busier than the average sunday. I hope that it's not this year though, because I'll be at DL for the first time ever and for one day only this Sunday!! So for both our sakes, I hope it is sloooowwww! :goodvibes

well Ive personally been several years in a row on superbowl weekend and I can say its not usually busy...Now granted, the 50th started out slow and then came out full force so I dont know if its going to change anything but I seriously doubt it :rolleyes2

One of my hubbys associates plans his Disney vacation every year around the Super Bowl because it's usually dead he says.

Go Seahawks!!! :cheer2:

I heard on the radio today that one guy went to Disneyland last year under the impression that it would not be crowded and it was very crowded. However, we don't know what that person thought crowded was.

I can say Universal Studios is dead that day.. Good day to go there. We then got tickets to see JAy Leno's after game special. That was cool! Met Shania Twain in person. My Dh woho was a boyfriend at the time was so jealous as he 'adores ' her. But that was 8 yeras ago. I don't know if they still do the Sunday night special. We also go to see Richard Simmons. He was scary in those biker pants!

I would think DL would have more moms and kids.. Getting out of the house..

MsYumiBr said:
I heard on the radio today that one guy went to Disneyland last year under the impression that it would not be crowded and it was very crowded. However, we don't know what that person thought crowded was.

I think this is the major point. Without attendeance numbers, "crowded" is just one person's perception. I know people who've complained when I felt like I was walking on and off of rides at will. :teeth:

Thanks for the replies, everyone! I'll admit I'm very spoiled because I'm used to going at very slow times....you know....where you walk right on POTC, and maybe wait 10 to possibly 20 minutes for the busier rides. So the few times that I've gone when it's busier than that I always think "Oh! Too crowded!" (Toldja I was spoiled!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter