• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Supernatural Finale three weeks later... Spoilers!

crazymama

DIS Veteran
So #SPN fans out there what did you think? It's taken me three weeks to even have this discussion online as I am still a bit traumatized.

Last edited:
I was very sad that Dean died before he got a chance to have a life without demons. Glad he got to go to a pie contest! I've read other opinions and it was probably the way to go but I still wish we could have seen them both live to a ripe old age. I guess it was closure but I would have been happier if it had ended with them both married with kids. I did like that heaven got changed for the better and we got to see Bobby again.

I really wish that it had ended with Dean arriving at his parents’ house and reuniting with everyone, and then turning around to see Sam joining them. I think that would’ve been perfect (and I would’ve been an absolute disaster for a solid 2 days). I heard that this ending was kind of a plan B because they couldn’t do what they had originally wanted to do because of Covid filming restrictions, so I’m wondering if a reunion was the original plan.

Also, it would’ve also been a lot better if Sam didn’t get stuck with the God-Awful wig.

I still don’t even know how to feel about it. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Dean Winchester. I think he is my favorite tv character ever. My sons name is Dean.
I didn’t really like his ending. He dies in such a stupid way right after defeating God? They couldn’t give him a few years to enjoy life?
I do like the changes in heaven and that at least he was happy.
Would have been happy to see him with his parents and maybe Cass.
I know that COVID plays a part but I would have waited another year to get the finale than have this one.
Dh says for him the episode of Dean and Sam driving off will be the ending but I can’t forget the finale yet. :mad:

I really wish that it had ended with Dean arriving at his parents’ house and reuniting with everyone

That's exactly what was supposed to happen, but COVID ruined it :( The logistics of bringing any more actors than necessary up to Vancouver and having them quarantine for two weeks just to film one scene just wasn't going to work. I'm sure they couldn't afford it either, after paying for all of the COVID precautions and quarantines for the cast and crew.

I know that COVID plays a part but I would have waited another year to get the finale than have this one.

In theory that would work, but getting the cast and crew back a year later would be really hard. Jared and Jensen are already signed onto new shows, along with some of the showrunners and producers. I'm guessing a good chunk of the crew too. Everyone was already waiting an extra five months to film the last two episodes. Most shows that shut down in March just never finished whatever season they were on, including a couple shows that were in their final season. We're lucky they didn't have to just leave it at the end of episode 18, which was the last one they filmed before they shut down.

I'm not happy with what we got either, but from what Jared and Jensen said, the story wouldn't have been any different pre-COVID. There just would have been more people in the episode. Dean was always supposed to die :sad1:

That's exactly what was supposed to happen, but COVID ruined it :( The logistics of bringing any more actors than necessary up to Vancouver and having them quarantine for two weeks just to film one scene just wasn't going to work. I'm sure they couldn't afford it either, after paying for all of the COVID precautions and quarantines for the cast and crew.
I agree with the logistics of bringing too many up there to film but, since they already had Shoshannah there for the earlier scenes, could they not have filmed one with Eileen and Sam in advance? Thrown us a bone of happiness???? :sad2:

I agree with the logistics of bringing too many up there to film but, since they already had Shoshannah there for the earlier scenes, could they not have filmed one with Eileen and Sam in advance? Thrown us a bone of happiness???? :sad2:

But the last episode Shoshannah was in was episode 9, which was filmed last fall. COVID wasn't a thing then, they had no idea they wouldn't be able to bring her back for the finale.

Were we supposed to assume he married Eileen? I couldn't really tell. I agree Sam's wig was awful. I also would have liked Dean to get a little time to relax before being impaled, but I think the gist was that was how he lived life. Dean without monsters wouldn't have known what to do with himself. Live hard, die young sort of thing.

I did enjoy how they brought so many characters back over the season. It felt like being able to say goodbye.

But the last episode Shoshannah was in was episode 9, which was filmed last fall. COVID wasn't a thing then, they had no idea they wouldn't be able to bring her back for the finale.
You are so right... my bad! For some reason I thought that she had made an appearance in episode 18 but only her texting did! Oops! Now I am less cranky about the sitch! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter