Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called the AP line today around 2:30pm to make sure I received an extension on my pass. There was no wait on hold and the CM was able to process my selection immediately. I asked about just continuing payments now rather than payments resuming when the park opens, but she said that wasn't an option.

Reports from others online who have called say that the default option is monthly payments during the closure will be waived and your pass will retain the original expiration date. I definitely wanted the extension on my AP, which is why I called.

I currently have a premier pass that started as a signature plus on the monthly payment plan which I was able to retain when upgrading, I think I’m going to let it expire on its original date though since I don’t have anymore trips to wdw planned after the current expiration date where I will need park tickets. I don’t want to chance getting hit with another price increase if I let them extend out the expiration date.

I currently have a premier pass that started as a signature plus on the monthly payment plan which I was able to retain when upgrading, I think I’m going to let it expire on its original date though since I don’t have anymore trips to wdw planned after the current expiration date where I will need park tickets. I don’t want to chance getting hit with another price increase if I let them extend out the expiration date.
Why not go for the refund option then?

I called the AP line today around 2:30pm to make sure I received an extension on my pass. There was no wait on hold and the CM was able to process my selection immediately. I asked about just continuing payments now rather than payments resuming when the park opens, but she said that wasn't an option.

Reports from others online who have called say that the default option is monthly payments during the closure will be waived and your pass will retain the original expiration date. I definitely wanted the extension on my AP, which is why I called.

Good to know, I want to do this as well, but I'll give them some time to get the online process going. If nothing by Wednesday, maybe I'll call then.

I'm oddly in a hurry, but not in a hurry, if that makes sense. This goes for everything I'm cancelling/rescheduling this spring/early summer.

Just got this email from Disney re. policies on APs:

Dear Valued Annual Passholder,

This is a truly unprecedented time for all of us, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work through the many details related to the temporary closure of the theme parks. We recognize this may be a challenging time, so we wanted to share how we will assist our Annual Passholders.

Active Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders who have paid for their Passports in full will automatically have their Passport expiration date extended due to theme park closures to provide additional access opportunities at the end of the Passport term. The new expiration date will be reflected on the Annual Passholder’s Passport account prior to the reopening of the theme parks.

As an alternative, in lieu of an extension of their Passports, Passholders who have paid in full may choose to receive a partial refund for the theme park closure period. Information will be provided soon on how to choose this option.

Annual Passholders are some of our most loyal guests, and we stand ready to help during this incredibly uncertain time. If you have any questions, please contact Annual Passholder Member Services at (714) 781-7277. We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries.

I am not sure what to do really. We were supposed to go next week for spring break, then I have a June and July trip planned. After that we wont really have much time to go... So if they open back up say August or September, I wont get to go at all. My AP was purchased using December tickets so my exp. date is the end of the year (when the passes are blocked out, sicne we went the week after Christmas). I guess I will just extend the passes and hope to catch next years Spring Break when we may be able to go again... My daughter is going to be Junior in HS starting in August and her schedule is really hard, with all the other things and tests and such they do in Junior year I worry if we will get there even the next Spring Break :( We live in Northern CA by the way. I am just on the fence on this whole thing. Any tips? Insight? Help to offer?

We have our passes paid in full and will extend them as we want to use them next year. They raised prices on the AP so it would not make sense for us to get the refund now and then rebuy at the higher price. However this is a great option for those where cashflow may be a concern right now rather than a vacation sometime in the future. Very generous for Disney to offer this and a little telling they expect to be re-opening later rather than sooner.

We have our passes paid in full and will extend them as we want to use them next year. They raised prices on the AP so it would not make sense for us to get the refund now and then rebuy at the higher price. However this is a great option for those where cashflow may be a concern right now rather than a vacation sometime in the future. Very generous for Disney to offer this and a little telling they expect to be re-opening later rather than sooner.

I’m going take the refund, not because of cash flow, but because we won’t be able to go any other time this year except December after Christmas, which will be past any extended dates given our expiry date. We have taken a three day trip using these passes, and our upcoming one was to be eight days. The APs made sense then, and still would if we could go back during what we get extended. A refund is better than nothing.

Is it just me, or does the email I just received re: AP's extension vs. partial refund for those on the monthly plan not match what is posted on the DL website?

The website says the process to select the alternative option will be provided soon. The email makes no mention and almost invites you to call on the phone.

Ugh, I don't want to pile onto the DL AP line, but I'm almost compelled to at this point.

Is it just me, or does the email I just received re: AP's extension vs. partial refund for those on the monthly plan not match what is posted on the DL website?

The website says the process to select the alternative option will be provided soon. The email makes no mention and almost invites you to call on the phone.

Ugh, I don't want to pile onto the DL AP line, but I'm almost compelled to at this point.

Personally, I am waiting. I want the extension, but I feel like based on the original email we have some time. If I don't hear anything new by the end of the week I may call but I am willing to give it more time.

Im going to wait to call. I don’t want to get a stressed out/angry CM.

Very generous for Disney to offer this and a little telling they expect to be re-opening later rather than sooner.
When this all began, I feared that DL would be closed until mid April. Then until the end of April. Now I’ll be happy if the parks open by June 1.

I just said to a friend that if we weren’t in our present circumstances, I’d hop on a a plane to NYC for a few days. NY is my favorite city in the world - I’ve been about 16 times. As it is, I’m lucky to get to Trader Joe’s for lettuce and applesauce;-).

OK I may be overthinking this a bit, but it doesnt give you a time you have to call by. At any rate, everyones payments are on hold as of now, the only choice is if we want to renew our payments when the time comes (and extend our APs), or if we want to keep the refunds (and not extend our payments/APs). I don't see a timeline of when we have to decide by. The thought I am having is this, why don't I wait until a time is set to reopen and then decide what I want to do? I mean if it is closed for 3 months, well that doesnt work for my timelines so I would keep the refund and not extend my AP and payments. BUT if they are closed 4 or 5 months, well that is a whole other thing as it will get me though NEXT spring break and into next summer in which case I will decide to not keep the "refund" and extend my AP and continue payments when they reopen. I guess I dont see where it say we MUST decide now. Am I wrong?

Well I just tried to rescheduled my April 19th reservation. I got the RUDEST agent on the phone that I ended up getting "disconnected" from. It was so strange! I have never encountered anyone rude at Disney! One thing she did say though was that "they had been told that Disneyland definitely wont be open" the beginning of June and they might be the end of June but they don't know. When I called back and got a different agent, she told me they had no info and was fine booking me a room on June 8th. I have no idea how credible the first agent was as seemed very strange. But I did schedule a back up reservation as well due to this info

It took an an hour and ten minutes before they picked up, but I was able to extend my pass easily once I got through. Seems like an online platform would have been a zillion times easier for everyone, but whatevs.

Well I just tried to rescheduled my April 19th reservation. I got the RUDEST agent on the phone that I ended up getting "disconnected" from. It was so strange! I have never encountered anyone rude at Disney! One thing she did say though was that "they had been told that Disneyland definitely wont be open" the beginning of June and they might be the end of June but they don't know. When I called back and got a different agent, she told me they had no info and was fine booking me a room on June 8th. I have no idea how credible the first agent was as seemed very strange. But I did schedule a back up reservation as well due to this info

Agents almost certainly don’t know anything more then the public does... except for maybe 12 to 24 hours before an official announcement.

What is likely happening is staff is being given guidance on being ready for this situation or furloughs to last until the beginning of June or even the end. Disney likely doesn’t know yet how long this will last, but is planning out as it goes.

My work (of 4,000+) has been doing a similar thing. We know we’re out until May 4th based on government orders, but they’re collecting and forecasting what workload we have that we can do at home out to May 4th, then a week past that, and another week past that. On every call the verbiage though has been returning as soon as possible.

It took an an hour and ten minutes before they picked up, but I was able to extend my pass easily once I got through. Seems like an online platform would have been a zillion times easier for everyone, but whatevs.

I’m perplexed that a lot of the changes in bookings or APs can’t be done online at this point. I had to be on the phone with a CM for close to 30 minutes while they were clicking around and adjusting our vacation package, confirming dates, prices, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter