Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone happen to know if it’s still 30 days prior for final payment on DLR vacation packages? I keep hearing anecdotal reports that it’s less than that currently with the pandemic but I can’t find anything specific on it. Easier to ask on here first if anyone had a link to the policy or policy change before bugging my TA.

Does anyone happen to know if it’s still 30 days prior for final payment on DLR vacation packages? I keep hearing anecdotal reports that it’s less than that currently with the pandemic but I can’t find anything specific on it. Easier to ask on here first if anyone had a link to the policy or policy change before bugging my TA.

When I just switched my trip to August the CM said the balance was still still 30 days prior, but recommended I wait until right before the 30 day mark to pay it.

Ugh. I guess it will be a while until we get back to the parks. ☹
We are cancelling our trip the end of Sept to do the Halloween party. We were also supposed to be there the end of March, but they closed the parks on us! We were trying to get some good family time at DL before DS graduates next year. Hoping mandatory masks are gone by next April when are supposed to visit WDW.

I called the AP line yesterday at 10a and was on hold for less than 3 minutes. The CM, Jennifer, confirmed there are only the 2 AP options from which to choose. There are no contingencies or protocols in place for seniors over age 60 nor for those who are immuno-compromised and who will choose not to return to the parks as soon as they reopen.

The CM stated mask-wearing will be enforced and she truly believes all DLR guests will follow the rules or there will be consequences. She said, “the reopening of Shanghai was a success!”

Because I was only calling to check on options for our Flex APs, which we purchased in February and only used twice, I saw no reason to argue except to say DD#1 is a biotech scientist and DD#2 was a mouse-height CM who performed in shows/parades/events at WDW - from her vantage point from the Castle stage and from floats, she saw the best and worst of in-park guest behavior. 😊 That combo of DDs will keep us from returning to the parks soon.

The CM shared that she has health issues and has always worked from home for over 10 years. I inquired if she would be brave and return to the parks when they reopen and she stated she knows she’ll eventually return.

Overall, it was 15 minutes of time to request the refund option without extending our AP expiration date.

Ok this really made me laugh and I mean laugh hard. Has anyone noticed that the picture of the masks for face coverings show the entire face being covered, including the eyes? I think there are going to be problems if a persons eyes are covered lol, I think there are going to be a lot of people falling into the waters surrounding Disney springs or getting concussions from walking into walls if this is the case.

Well I guess I was wrong, according to this picture maybe covering your entire face is the way to do this the proper way. Silly me

.View attachment 495109
Well, who knew? If this is how we're supposed to do it, no wonder there have been so many complaints about people wearing their masks improperly! ;) And of course, this must be why the CDC doesn't want us to wear our masks while driving! LOL.

Hopeful? We'll see... and keep our fingers crossed.
Phase 3: Gov. Newsom teases next stage of reopening California businesses is closer than we thought "Phase 3 is not a year away. It's not 6 months away. It's not even three months away. It may not even be more than a month away," Newsom said....

And WDW added a COVID-19 warning to its website, stating, "By visiting Walt Disney World Resort, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19."
Update on Walt Disney World Resort Operations — Including Theme Parks and Water Parks

Hopeful? We'll see... and keep our fingers crossed.
Phase 3: Gov. Newsom teases next stage of reopening California businesses is closer than we thought "Phase 3 is not a year away. It's not 6 months away. It's not even three months away. It may not even be more than a month away," Newsom said....

And WDW added a COVID-19 warning to its website, stating, "By visiting Walt Disney World Resort, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19."
Update on Walt Disney World Resort Operations — Including Theme Parks and Water Parks

How much is it?! Five easy payments of $29.99?! Three easy payments of $29.99?!! One payment!? Act now and get it on special for $19.99!

Couldn’t he just say “we might be able to move into phase three as early as a few weeks from now”??

How much is it?! Five easy payments of $29.99?! Three easy payments of $29.99?!! One payment!? Act now and get it on special for $19.99!

Couldn’t he just say “we might be able to move into phase three as early as a few weeks from now”??
I kept waiting for him to say, "But wait! There's more! It also makes julienne fries!" Such a tease and a showman, our governor...

I kept waiting for him to say that it also makes julienne fries! Such a tease, that governor...

I mean people are so stressed and fed up over this. They want to hear him say “I want to do everything in my power to open as quickly as possible while keeping people protected, the good news is that might only be a few more weeks.”

To be clear this is good news. Though I’m still worried about the sporting events without fans. I feel like that could be a good theme park analogue and as of late last week NFL was talking about fall games without fans (and acting like that was a large achievement) and MLB was talking about July 4th starting (again without fans).

Though I also did just book DLH for July 5th hoping it would be canceled by Disney & I would get the resort credit extend to me for my actual October trip... I usually miss out on stuff like that so maybe they will be open in July & I’ll have to cancel the booking 😝

I mean people are so stressed and fed up over this. They want to hear him say “I want to do everything in my power to open as quickly as possible while keeping people protected, the good news is that might only be a few more weeks.”...
I understand that he is being kept on a tight leash by his legal team regarding what he can say, what he can't say and how he should say it so he doesn't get into trouble. But I agree with you that it would be such a relief to have straightforward announcements that make sense (wouldn't that be novel?) -- short, sweet, to the point? -- and don't leave us dangling and confused. This is just getting so old and tiresome. Funny that you are hoping to get cancelled by Disney -- that's a fresh perspective on this board. lol.

ComplexCon, a huge pop culture / music /art convention taking place Nov 2-3 in Long Beach was just postponed to 2021 due to the pandemic. That’s the farthest out event I’ve seen postponed or canceled.

Could this be an indicator of how long DL remains closed?

Last edited:
ComplexCon, a huge pop culture / music /art convention taking place Nov 2-3 in Long Beach was just postponed to 2021 due to the pandemic. That’s the farthest out event I’ve seen postponed or canceled.

I wouldn't put to much stock into any correlation between the two. Big conventions like this have to do all of the logistics of putting on the convention a long ways ahead of time, they probably thought it would just be easier to postpone.

I doubt it. I was supposed to get married in June and they recommended me moving my wedding to next year. If you move it out further chances are you won't have to cancel/postpone it again.

Edited to add: I chose to move my wedding to next June for this exact reason.

No. That event sounds far enough out they could have still had a shot at getting full refunds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter