• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had to cancel our November 2019 trip due to a work related issue and rescheduled for 4/3. I really hope we don't have to cancel another trip! We just spent almost 4k on AP's.

We were due to go March 15-19 but actually cancelled last night. I've never felt so validated about a tough decision.
I was on the phone to cancel, and when the news broke shortly after that my line got super choppy and when I finally talked to someone I couldn't hear them, so now I'm back trying to get at least on hold, as their lines are overloaded.

Disney must think it is pretty bad if they are closing their park during spring break.

Anyone who is planning a trip in the next month to Disney World will want to keep following this closely, as if Disneyland is closing, I don’t see Disneyworld being that far behind. At the very least, a significant risk.

edit - starting Saturday morning - looks like open tomorrow.

So it happened quicker than I predicted, but the writing was on the wall that it was going to happen.

ETA: I’m not happy about being right. I wish it didn’t come to this, but it is a necessary measure. Those of us who are already in hot spots have watched how quickly things have shut down over the last few days.

We were supposed to fly out tomorrow, but decided last night to postpone until June. I guess now all the prep and practicing I was doing for ROTR BGs will have to wait.

WDW most likely have to close, along with universal, sea world, ect. Just not going to look good. And airlines are cutting flights

A little perspective. We went 3 weeks ago, just as this all started to unfold. I am big on handwashing and sanitizers. I packed bleach wipes and disinfected every thing when we sat down or after rides. I got the flu. No matter how careful I was...it wasn't enough. Sad for those who have to postpone their trips but I think this was a necessary step.

With due respect - I think the news of Disneyland closing due to an issue that is just as relevant to DW is appropriate for the DW forum. If I’m planning a trip to Disney World next week and need to make the decision now as to whether to cancel or not, I would definitely want to know that they closed Disneyland on Saturday.

I was due to arrive tomorrow for our weekend trip. Im going to cancel our reservations for our Flex Passes in case we get hit with a penalty.

Now for me to call the Residence Inn to try to get a refund on a stay I cant cancel.

The message from Disney says they will pay the employees. No unemployment or out of work people.
Except for all the hotel employees along Harbor...

Personally, I’m kind of relieved that this decision was taken out of my hands, as we were due to leave March 30. But I’m sick at the situation the world currently finds itself in. I also am eating all the crow for thinking this wasn’t that big of a deal 😔

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter