Surprise holiday trip for Mom 11/30/10 - 12/06/10

scdak

DIS Veteran
I can't believe that I have finally figured out how to make a new thread, I have been wanting to write a PTR since I started on the DIS boards but didn't know how, I have loved reading everyone's and was dying to do one of my own.

Cast:
DK 50 (me) , Disney fan since high school senior trip, been more times than I can count but finally staying onsite for this trip -- basically for the first time, I really don't count 2 nights at AllStar sports a long time ago with family! We didn't immerse ourselves in Disney like we will on this trip!

VJ 48 , best friend for 10 years, met on a cruise and we still cruise yearly but I introduced her to the Disney experience and she is hooked.

Mom 70 loves Disney too, made a statement over a year ago "I don't think I will ever get to go back for the holidays" and well, I try to make sure she gets what she wishes for!

So I started making plans for a trip, but its a surprise at this point! In fact, VJ only knows when we are going, I haven't told her the truth of it all either! But she had to know to ask for the time off work and to leave the hubby home with the animals so we can make Mom's wish come true.

More later, I have to get a little work done around the house, I sort of neglect it because I spend hours on the DIS boards!!!

I spent hours and hours online, reading everything I could find about WDW, and bought 5 new guide books to make my plans. I was looking for a small, compact resort to book to make it easier on Mom and came up with POFQ, and after scoping out Disney quotes then consulting a TA, I decided to let the TA do alot of the work, I have been the trip planner for my family for 30 years, it was time for someone else to have all that fun.
Next thing I know, I am booked for 6 nights at POFQ with DDP :cool1:

I came across a good buy for plane tickets and I think I am all set...........boy was I wrong! There was and IS alot more to plan as I soon found out. My "ADR" day wasn't until June 3rd, so I had months to think about the choices to make but I never dreamed that I would change my ideas of dining so many times.

Thanks to the DIS boards, I found out about a split stay.............oh oh, now I get to thinking about what it would be like to do that, esp since I knew that Mom has always wanted to stay at a monorail resort, preferably the CR due to the uniqueness of having the monorail go through the hotel. So, I contact my TA and ask about it, no rooms for my PIN code for the dates I wanted but........."the Poly is available" with TPV ........what more could I ask for. I think it took me about 5 whole minutes to make that change.

Now I have a split stay booked, 3 nights at POFQ with DDP, 3 nights at Poly with DDP..........and I think I am all set again:thumbsup2

Thank goodness for the DIS boards, all of you have pried open my wallet more times than I can count! I started reading online and read all my guidebooks again and the next thing I know, MVMCP is sounding really good, then HDDR, and heck, what is a holiday trip without a sleigh ride!

Next installment will talk about dining.........boy have I done alot of thinking on that subject!

No one has decided to read my PTR :confused3 Oh well, I will continue it later, I just like writing about it since I can't tell my mother and friend about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter