Surprise Swap ----complete!!!!

LOVEMY3KIDDOS

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the latest Surprise Swap!! This is an interest thread, but will be the future sign-up and progress threads also. Sign-ups will be Friday, November 5 at 8:30 am. The swap will be due February 28. I want to allow plenty of time with the upcoming holidays. There are several groups listed and there are different requirements for each. The first set of groups has a few non-Disney options, as does one grab bag group. So, please read through the instructions before signing up so any questions can be answered prior to November 5.

Remember - this is a Surprise Swap, so disclosing your item(s) will not be necessary. You may use up your stash for this one!!

***New swappers are welcome to join, but will be limited to three groups.

1. Pick your groups:

A - U:
Pick the spots in the groups you would like. For each spot you choose, make 1 element from the list for each person in your group. *Note 4" Altered letter is only an option for groups E, G, I, K, P, Q, R and S.

V - X:
Pick the spots you would like and make 2 of the element listed per person in the group. These are all to be Disney themed.

1 - 8 & 12:
These are the grab bag groups. (Kind of like a surprise in a surprise group!!) These will be mini kits. You will decide the number of sets you want for each group and sign up with that number. For example: Group 2 - General - 3. Then, you would make 3 mini kits in the General Disney theme. They can all be different, the same, whatever. The kits should be made up of 1 title, 1 mat, 1 box and 1 other element from the list (not 4" letters). When I swap it out, it will be a blind draw. You will get back the same number of sets as what you make, but none of your own. *Note: Group 8 (misc. scrap group) does not have to be Disney - anything goes on this as long as it is general enough for everyday use. Pattern paper is fine!!

Group 9:
This is the page group. They may be anything Disney. The rules are the same as groups 1-8. You decide how many you want to make and that's how many you will receive!! Since we have decided not to use sketches for these, we have to be sure they meet the requirements. (If you decide to use a sketch on your own, that's fine, too!!) For those going fully on their own: Each page will need have cardstock for the base. If you want to use thinner patterned paper for the base it's fine, just back it. This prevents them from getting bent during travel. Next, each page must include a spot for at least one 4 x 6 photo and a spot for journaling. The journaling spot does not have to be an actual box...it can be just the lines. There should be a title and it should be embellished. Last, you need to include 2 elements from the element list. This can be an additional mat (which could be smaller than 4 x 6) and 3 paper clips, or 2 slides and a tag, or a mat and tag, or shapes and a tag...you get the idea!! Anyway, just so it is 2 more pieces!! If you are unsure, you could pm me a picture before attaching everything and i could let you know. We are trying to avoid posting the pictures on the thread though, to keep it a surprise!

Group 10:
Disney 4" Altered letter group - anything goes from parks to characters to resorts to lands to restaurants to rides, etc.
*When packaging, please state on your baggie what your letter stands for in case it is not obvious to everyone.
Again here, sign up for the number you want.

Group 11:
General Disney Kids group - this will be general and will be made by our kids. My daughter does not scrap all the time, but (like me) is mesmerized by the colors, papers and fun embellishments. So, she would like to make and receive some swap items. That's what this group is for! Anyone with interested kids, sign them up and let's see how we want to work it all out!!

2. PM me with your Disname, name, address, e-mail and phone number. I will only use phone and e-mail to follow up if I don't hear from you.

3. If you need to drop out, please ask for an angel as soon as possible. Real life happens and is totally understood. The required check in dates will be in the third post with the list of players and groups. If I don't hear from you within 2 days of a check-in, I will pm you. If I still don't hear from you within 2 days after that, I will ask for an angel. If you will be away during a check-in, please let me know and check in early. Once this is a progress thread, please post here with your status, but not photos----it's a surprise!!!!

4. Packing instructions - use a ziploc bag for each person in your group and put everything for that person into their bag. Please label each bag:

Erin Palys
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
Group A

Put all of those bags into a larger ziploc (no smaller than gallon). Even if your items fit in a smaller bag, what you get back may not. Label the larger bag the same as the smaller.
*Exceptions - the alt. letter groups can be in quart bags for the large bag and all pages may go in 1 large bag together.

5. Mailing - until February 4, you may mail however you like. After February 4, you must mail priority with d.c. Please include return postage for the flat rate priority envelope or box you will require. If you want d.c., include an extra $.70. Please do not send click-it / ship-it.

6. Check the progress thread for your status.

7. Have fun!!!!

Here are the element choices - you will make 1 element for each group member, although some elements require more items to be considered as one element:

Note: Please no handwritten items. Embellished can mean: stickers, stickles, flock, ink, chalk, brads, Primas, eyelets, ribbon/fiber, stickles, sewing, tearing, clipart, additional layers of paper beyond double mats (if it would look weird trying to fit in another embellishment). Specialty paper, such as embossed, glitter, Bling will be considered an embellishment. If you can think of no way to embellish your item, without it looking weird, you can provide an embellishment not attached to your item, such as a Cricut icon cutout, or a set of 4 brads/eyelets, a yard of ribbon/fiber, etc.

One Element Is One from this list:

* Topper/Title/Signage: Double Matted, Embellished. Standard size in the past has been 2 x 8, so it would fit in books of different sizes. However, in the hostess pow wow, it was decided that we actually would like longer toppers to fit the width of a 12x12 page. I wouldn’t go any larger than 11” so if someone has an 8.5 x 11” book, the topper can be used as a border. You could also make individual letters, but they must be shadowed and a minimum of 1.5” tall. If you want to do something that is 3 x7, or 4x4, or running in two directions, or paper pieced that is fine too. Paper pieced titles don’t have to be double-matted.

* Library Pocket w/ Tag: Embellished. Tag should be double matted, with ribbon or eyelet.

* Layered Die-Cuts: To accommodate the Cricut cutouts that aren’t really detailed enough to be considered a paper piecing. Make THREE 3” pieces. If they are smaller than 3” make more; use your best judgement. Try to shadow and embellish if able.

* Paper Piecing: 4” minimum in one direction (H or W).

* License Plate: Double matted, embellished. Please be creative

* Shaker box: Be Creative

* Lyric/Quote/Poem: Double Matted + layer with poem/lyric/quote. Top Layer should be 3x3 minimum. Embellished.

* Pair of Borders: 12” in length. Double Matted. Embellished.

* Altered Letter: Double matted, 4” minimum height. Embellished.

* Altered CD

* Matchbook: Embellished, Be Creative, don't forget to include a blank page inside

* ATC (Artist Trading Card): 2.5" x 3.5", heavy/thick cardstock. Embellished 3 ways.

* 3 Altered paper clips

* Jar of Whimsy Baggie: Snack size bag filled (stuffed) with fibers, ribbon, brads, eyelets, buttons, chipboard, stickers, small cardstock pieces, etc. to match your topic.

Or TWO from this list (you can mix & match)
* Frame: Double matted, embellished. Should be large enough to hold a 4x6 photo. Sizzix frames are okay even though they are smaller.

* Photomat/Large Box: Double matted, embellished. Should be large enough to hold a 4x6 photo, or may be used as a journaling box

* Two Small Boxes: To be used as either small photo mats or journaling spaces. Consider sizes such as for holding a 3x4, 4x4, 3x4 photo. Double matted, embellished. If you are thinking journal boxes, other shapes work well too.

* Tag: Double matted, embellished. Approximately 2x3 or 3x4 size, but does not have to be a rectangle. Circles, ovals, diamonds, squares work well too.

* Two Embellished Shapes/Squares: Double matted, embellished

* Slide Mount: Embellished

* Mini File Folder: Embellished

Some notes:
For the park groups, please make sure your elements are specific to that park. For instance, if you choose Animal Kingdom, do not make a pp of Mickey in his red shorts as he is in Safari attire there. Anything pertaining to the park you choose is fine though...including characters, lands, rides, shows, etc.
Please check at the end of sign ups for group sizes before getting started!!! Groups may be as small as three or as large as six. And, as groups fill or become too large, I will open more!! If there is a group of say six and a group of one or two, I will split the group of six to make two groups of four. So, all numbers will be determined at the close of sign-ups.

Groups A - U: Make one element per person in your group.

A. General Disney - Full - Make 1 element per person (6 total)

1. Disney_Rider
2. LOVEMY3KIDDOS
3. mommy2mrb
4. dacky
5. MusicalDisneyDreams
6. wdwmickey

A1. General Disney - Full - Make 1 element per person (6 total)

1. DisneyBarlans
2. chiefdragon
3. catinthehat35
4. LM3K
5. AlexWyattMommy
6. rlovew

B. Traditional Disney Colors - Full - Make 1 element per person (6 total)

1. D_R
2. LM3K
3. m2mrb
4. MDD
5. wdwm
6. mycutiepatooties

B1. Traditional Disney Colors - Full - Make 1 element per person (4 total)

1. chiefdragon
2. LM3K
3. wdwm
4. AWM

C. Non-Traditional Disney Colors - Full - Make 1 element per person (6 total)

1. D_R
2. LM3K
3. m2mrb
4. Mischief_Managed
5. chiefdragon
6. disney-akj

D. Winter / Christmas at Disney - Full - Make 1 element per person (6 total)

1. D_R
2. LM3K
3. dacky
4. MDD
5. M_M
6. Scrapmouse

E. Winter / Christmas general - Full - Make 1 element per person (6 total)

1. D_R
2. LM3K
3. MDD
4. M_M
5. DB
6. chiefdragon

E1. Winter / Christmas General - Full - Make 1 element per person (6 total)

1. RhondaGreene
2. cith35
3. MazdaUK
4. LM3K
5. disney-akj
6. wdwm

F. Fall / Halloween at Disney - Full - Make 1 element per person (5 total)

1. D_R
2. LM3K
3. M_M
4. wdwm
5. rlovew

G . Fall / Halloween general - Full - Make 1 element per person (6 total)

1. D_R
2. LM3K
3. M_M
4. DB
5. chiefdragon
6. cith35

H. Spring / Easter at Disney - Full - Make 1 element per person (4 total)

1. D_R
2. LM3K
3. M_M
4. wdwm

I. Spring / Easter general - Full - Make 1 element per person (6 total)

1. D_R
2. LM3K
3. M_M
4. DB
5. chiefdragon
6. Mazda

J. Summertime / 4th at Disney - Full - Make 1 element per person (4 total)

1. D_R
2. M_M
3. Scrapmouse
4. LM3K

K. Summertime / 4th general - Full -Make 1 element per person (5 total)

1. D_R
2. LM3K
3. M_M
4. DB
5. chiefdragon

L. Magic Kingdom - Full - Make 1 element per person (6 total)

1. D_R
2. LM3K
3. dacky
4. MDD
5. wdwm
6. m2mrb

L1. Magic Kingdom - Full - Make 1 element per person (5 total)

1. wdwm
2. LM3K
3. wdwm
4. rlovew
5. MDD

M. Animal Kingdom - Full - Make 1 element per person (6 total)

1. D_R
2. LM3K
3. m2mrb
4. dacky
5. wdwm
6. DB

N. Epcot - Full - Make 1 element per person (6 total)

1. D_R
2. LM3K
3. m2mrb
4. dacky
5. wdwm
6. DB

O. DHS - Full - Make 1 element per person (6 total)

1. D_R
2. LM3K
3. m2mrb
4. dacky
5. MDD
6. wdwm

O1. DHS - Full - Make 1 element per person (5 total)

1. DB
2. LM3K
3. wdwm
4. rlovew
5. MDD

P. Disneyland - Full - Make 1 element per person (6 total)

1. disney-akj
2. D_R
3. wdwm
4. m2mrb
5. MDD
6. Scrapmouse

Q. DCA - Full - Make 1 element per person (4 total)

1. D_R
2. m2mrb
3. wdwm
4. MDD

R. Birthday - Full - Make 1 element per person (6 total)

1. D_R
2. LM3K
3. M_M
4. rlovew
5. chiefdragon
6. RG

S. Kids - Full - Make 1 element per person (5 total)

1. D_R
2. LM3K
3. M_M
4. disney-akj
5. chiefdragon

T. Boys - Full - Make 1 element per person (6 total)

1. D_R
2. LM3K
3. M_M
4. 123SA
5. Mazda
6. disney-akj

U. Girls -Full - Make 1 element per person (6 total)

1. D_R
2. LM3K
3. m2mrb
4. disney-akj
5. chiefdragon
6. RG

V - X: Make 2 per person in your group - All Disney Themed - Can be General or Specific (but something popular enough to be used widely)

V. 2 mats only - Full - Make 12 mats total (2 per person)

1. D_R
2. LM3K
3. m2mrb
4. dacky
5. MDD
6. wdwm

V1. 2 mats only - Full - Make 12 mats total (2 per person)

1. mcp
2. chiefdragon
3. wdwm
4. LM3K
5. AWM
6. rlovew

W. 2 tags only - Full - Make 12 tags total (2 tags per person)

1. D_R
2. LM3K
3. m2mrb
4. dacky
5. MDD
6. wdwm

W1. 2 tags only - Full - Make 12 tags total (2 tags per person)

1. JJ&JH'smom
2. chiefdragon
3. wdwm
4. LM3K
5. rlovew
6. MDD

X. 2 toppers / titles only - Full - Make 10 topper / titles total (2 toppers / titles per person)

1. wdwm
2. LM3K
3. m2mrb
4. MDD
5. chiefdragon

Groups 1-8 & 12: grab bag mini kits (title, mat, box, element)...pick the number you want to make when signing up

1. Princess - Make the number of mini kits you signed up for

1. D_R - 4
2. LM3K - 5
3. MDD- 4
4. wdwm - 4
5. disney-akj - 2
6. rlovew - 3

2. Pooh characters - Make the number of mini kits that you signed up for

1. AWM - 4
2. LM3K - 6
3. MDD - 4
4. wdwm - 4
5. rlovew - 3

3. Fab 5 - Make the number of mini kits that you signed up for

1. D_R - 4
2. LM3K - 6
3. wdwm - 4
4. disney-akj - 3
5. rlovew - 1

4. Everyone Else - Make the number of mini kits that you signed up for

1. 123SA - 4
2. LM3K - 8
3. MDD - 2
4. wdwm - 4
5. disney-akj - 3
6. MDD - 4

5. General Disney - Make the number of mini kits that you signed up for

1. cith35 -4
2. LM3K - 5
3. disney-akj - 3
4. MDD - 4
5. wdwm - 4
6. wdwm - 2
7. AWM - 5
8. rlovew - 6

6. Disney Food - Make the number of mini kits that you signed up for

1. 123SA- 4
2. LM3K - 5
3. m2mrb - 5
4. wdwm - 4
5. mcp - 4
6. MDD - 2

7. Disney pattern paper group - Make the number of mini kits that you signed up for

1. cith35 -4
2. LM3K - 7
3. disney-akj - 3
4. MDD - 4
5. wdwm - 4
6. mcp - 4
7. AWM - 5

8. Misc. pattern paper group (general, non-Disney) - Make the number of mini kits that you signed up for

1. AWM - 4
2. LM3K - 8
3. disney-akj - 5
4. wdwm - 4
5. Mazda - 5
6. m2mrb - 6
7. rlovew - 10

9. General Disney pages...no sketches but please see the rules for these above before signing up** - Make the number of pages that you signed up for

1. D_R - 4
2. LM3K - 6
3. wdwm - 8
4. AWM - 10
5. MDD - 4

10. Disney 4" Altered letter group - anything goes...please see rules above - Make the number of letters that you signed up for

1. D_R - 4
2. LM3K - 13
3. MDD - 4
4. M_M - 14
5. mcp - 5
6. chiefdragon - 4
7. wdwm - 4
8. rlovew - 4

11. Kids general Disney group - each child will make one mini kit per child in the group (1 mat, 1 box, 1 title / topper and 1 other element)

1. Lexi
2. Pluto8
3. Tinkerbell10
4. Megan

12. Birthday Mini Kits (Not gender specific and non-Disney) - Make the number of mini kits you signed up for

1. LM3K - 4
2. JJ&JH'smom - 4
3. disney-akj - 3
4. wdwm - 4

Required check-ins:

November 11 - PM info / verify groups

December 11 - general status

January 11 - last call for angels

January 25 - final status

February 4 - mail by date / on it's way to me

:banana: I have

popcorn::Mailed to you

:thumbsup2 You have

Players:

LOVEMY3KIDDOS A, A1, B, B1, C, D, E, E1, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, L1, M, N, O, O1, R, S, T, U, V, V1, W, W1, X, 1 (5), 2 (6), 3 (6), 4 (8), 5 (5), 6 (5), 7 (7), 8 (8), 9 (6), 10 (13), 12 (4) :banana:

wdwmickey A, B, B1, E1, F, H, L, L1, L1, M, N, O, O1, P, Q, V, V1, W, W1, X, 1 (4), 2 (4), 3 (4), 4 (4), 5 (4), 5 (2), 6 (4), 7 (4), 8 (4), 9 (8), 10 (4), 12 (4) :banana:

MusicalDisneyDreams A, B, D, E, L, L1, O, O1, P, Q, V, W, W1, X, 1 (4), 2 (4), 4 (4), 4(2), 5 (4), 6 (2), 7 (4), 9 (4), 10 (4) :banana:

mommy2mrb A, B, C, L, M, N, O, P, Q, U, V, W, X, 6(5), 8 (6) :banana:

mycutiepatooties B, V1, 6 (4), 7 (4), 10 (5) :banana:

DisneyBarlans A1, E, G, I, K, M, N, O :banana:

Disney_Rider A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, 1 (4), 3 (4), 9 (4), 10 (4) :banana:

Mischief_Managed C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, R, S, T, 10 (4) :banana:

chiefdragon A1, B1, C, E, G, I, K, R, S, U, V1, W1, X, 10 (4)

RhondaGreene E1, R, U :banana:

catinthehat35 A1, E1, G, 5, 7 :banana:

disney-akj C, E1, P, S, T, U, 1 (2), 3 (3), 4 (3), 5 (3), 7 (3), 8 (5), 12 (3) :banana:

dacky A, D, L, M, N, O, V, W :banana:

scrapmouse D, J, P :banana:

MazdaUK E1, I, T, 8 (5) :banana:

AlexWyattMommy A1, B1, V1, 2(4), 5 (5), 7 (5), 8 (4), 9 (10) :banana:

rlovew A1, F, L1, O1, R, V1, W1, 1 (3), 2 (3), 3 (1), 5 (6), 8 (10), 10 (4)

JJ&JH'smom W1, 12 (4) :banana:

123SA T, 4 (4), 6 :banana:

Kid swappers:

Lexi
Megan :banana:
Pluto8 :banana:
Tinkerbell10 :banana:

Angels:

DisneyBarlans

Sorry to take one of your spots Erin, I didn't realize you were still typing. Do we need PN96 to delete my post so your info is all together?

Sorry to take one of your spots Erin, I didn't realize you were still typing. Do we need PN96 to delete my post so your info is all together?

I think we are ok...it's just for my list of players...not a big deal!!! Check it all out and let me know what you think!!

I'm glad it's due in February, that way I can choose several groups :)

Ohhhhh heck yeah I'm in.... the last time I did this I racked my brain because no-one tells me what to make so I feel like i'm making the wrong stuff:worried:

Question 1: Do we want sketches for the page groups or just go totally free for all???

Knowing you and me we will make the same stuff.:rolleyes1

Hey question do all the sets we make have to be the same? I have a ton of like 1 sheet of random papers I really want to get ride of.

I'm glad it's due in February, that way I can choose several groups :)

Yep...wanted to leave plenty of time!! Should be a good one!!

Ohhhhh heck yeah I'm in.... the last time I did this I racked my brain because no-one tells me what to make so I feel like i'm making the wrong stuff:worried:

Yay!!! I was hoping you would want to join! Don't feel like you are doing anything wrong...you know how to make elements...it's all surprise...you'll be great! It gives you so much freedom!

LOL that would be funny!!!! Did you find your Vintage stuff at A Cherry on Top? That's where I found mine!! They have so much...so nice!!

And, glad to see you found your count down!! By the time this swap is over, his trip will be 1/3 over!!! That helps make it go by!!!

Oh Boy! Looking forward to this - it's always so much fun seeing these surprises! I've received some awesome things in the past. I'm in trouble though...so many groups I'll want to join.

Oh Boy! Looking forward to this - it's always so much fun seeing these surprises! I've received some awesome things in the past. I'm in trouble though...so many groups I'll want to join.

Yay!! I'm glad you will join! I think it will be fun...it'll be like Christmas for us...after all the other Christmas business ends! What a way to enjoy the nearing end to Winter! For us in PA...we look forward to seeing grass in our yard again!!! Anyway, there is plenty of time...3 months...so you can join a bunch!

I'm in - this is way different from the previous surprise swaps I've been in.

Great!!! Do you like the set up? I think there is a bit of everything...I tried to make it a little different, a little the same and some fun things and some economical things. So, using up scraps, the grab bags, mini kits and single elements seemed to cover all that!! Is there anything else you think you would like to see? We have 3 weeks to tweak this!!

I almost forgot...and would be in soooo much trouble...

My DD (11) drools over everything I get from these swaps. So, she had asked me about doing a swap. I would like to add a kids group to this swap. So, if there is some interest...please sign your kids up! I think it will be best to do it general Disney unless anyone else has any input. I know there were kids groups in other swaps...so maybe someone will weigh in??!!

I'm in for this one too!
Megan would love to be in the kids group!

Hey question do all the sets we make have to be the same? I have a ton of like 1 sheet of random papers I really want to get ride of.

I'm sorry...I just saw this edit!! Not at all...in the grab bag...things are totally individual. So if you choose to make (for instance) 3 princess sets. They can be all different or the same...whatever. You will get back 3 sets randomly chosen from a bag (or maybe box) but not your own. In the A - V sets, you will be making single elements. So, they can be the same or a little different as long as they fit into the category you signed up for. The groups will not be large, so depending on the element you choose, you may be able to use single sheets up there without a problem and still make everything the same!! It's going to be a great opportunity to use up those scrap and do some Spring cleaning in the Winter!!! I am actually going to challenge myself to use as many scraps as possible for a lot of the groups!!!! I want to see how little shopping I can do! For the scrap paper group...the idea IS to use scraps...not start cutting full sheets! So, let's get to cleaning!!!!

I'm sorry...I just saw this edit!! Not at all...in the grab bag...things are totally individual. So if you choose to make (for instance) 3 princess sets. They can be all different or the same...whatever. You will get back 3 sets randomly chosen from a bag (or maybe box) but not your own. In the A - V sets, you will be making single elements. So, they can be the same or a little different as long as they fit into the category you signed up for. The groups will not be large, so depending on the element you choose, you may be able to use single sheets up there without a problem and still make everything the same!! It's going to be a great opportunity to use up those scrap and do some Spring cleaning in the Winter!!! I am actually going to challenge myself to use as many scraps as possible for a lot of the groups!!!! I want to see how little shopping I can do! For the scrap paper group...the idea IS to use scraps...not start cutting full sheets! So, let's get to cleaning!!!!

I love this idea :thumbsup2 I have tons of single sheets and an entire box (think medium size priority mail) full of scraps that I started saving when I make swap stuff!! I NEVER used to save scraps, now I'm so happy I have them :)

The kids group is a fab idea!!

I love surprise swaps but I've not done the last few as I've got a drawer full of Disney stuff waiting for a Disney vacation (yes, there's some OLD bits in there:sad2:) but I'll be in for general groups:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter